Is there a reason new dark side characters are consistently harder farms?

Since the release of Rogue One, it seems dark side characters are consistently placed as "hard farms" whereas light side characters seem to get off much easier. Let's look at some of the recent releases:

All Rogue One ls characters were placed in shops besides Baze who was on a single hard node. Baze is now attainable in GE shop making him considerably easier. Conversely, Rogue One dark side characters were placed in either a single hard node, or a 16 energy cantina node. Also of note is that Rogue one ls characters have become 50 crystals/shard while Rogue one DS characters remain 80/shard despite being released at same time.

Phoenix
All Phoenix was placed in either shops, or 8 energy cantina nodes

Sith
DN was placed in a single hard node. Sith assassin/trooper were both placed in 16 energy cantina nodes.

Gar Saxon/ISC
Placed in 16 energy cantina nodes.

Fulcrum
Placed in fleet shipments

Ewoks/nightsisters
1 ewok was placed in guild shop, 1 in a 10 energy cantina node, and 1 in a monthly event. Conversely all 3 night sisters were placed in a monthly event

Because of the GE shop having rebel shards, I think the only remaining ls characters on hard node only is Ewok Scout, and there was an update to add him to a 3rd hard node. DS still has FOST, DN, Veers, Krennic, Shoretrooper, and last and least, Ur'rorororororoororororororr

Replies

• Options
    Only true LS hard farm is HRSoldier. ES is pretty easy because he has like 4 nodes.
  • Options
    Its cause they hate the dark side i mean we have freaking 5 han solos already and the game is over a third of rebel faction and prolly 75% LS characters in the game. The dark side is getting some love it seems I prefer dark side toons to any other toons but its so hard to grind for them.
  • Options
    $
  • Options
    Hoth soldier is one of the ones that strangely likes to drop from bronziums a lot. Loads of people around who never farmed him at all but have him 7*
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    $ and there's fewer of them? Coincidence? Poor planning? Who knows. DS has become utter garbage since CLS anyway, but a comeback is inevitable so maybe that's why? Future cash grab planning?

Lobot is the hardest farm overall because nobody wants him other than to fill a platoon spot. It is extremely difficult and hard to stomach simming his node, and it is a complete waste of your time and resources. For that reason he is the hardest character in the game to farm and easily evens it out when comparing difficult ls and ds farms. :D
  • Options
    I would not consider Hermit Yoda as an easy farm, G12 gear are more valuable than a toon unfortunately :( BB-8 is also not trivial to obtain (FOTP xD) as is R2D2 (5 Empires xD)
  • Options
    The majority of players who 'complain' about LS>DS bias on these forums or other social media content are actually the minority of the player base, remember Disney owns this IP and LS is the sell to kids, who do not come on these forums....for the most part.
  • Options
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    The majority of players who 'complain' about LS>DS bias on these forums or other social media content are actually the minority of the player base, remember Disney owns this IP and LS is the sell to kids, who do not come on these forums....for the most part.

Just curious if you have some data to back that up?
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    I would not consider Hermit Yoda as an easy farm, G12 gear are more valuable than a toon unfortunately :( BB-8 is also not trivial to obtain (FOTP xD) as is R2D2 (5 Empires xD)

Hermit Yoda is LS GE special, we do not know DS special yet
    I disagree with R2 because 5x empires is not so difficult, but BB-8 is not trivial because FO is not.

• Options

A sad truth, though hopefully Snoke gets some ridiculous zetas that will bring him up to CLS level and perhaps allow FO to be a viable counter to Rebels (I'm also sure FO and resistance will be greatly expanded after TLJ's release)
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • Options
    abadparker wrote: »

A sad truth, though hopefully Snoke gets some ridiculous zetas that will bring him up to CLS level and perhaps allow FO to be a viable counter to Rebels (I'm also sure FO and resistance will be greatly expanded after TLJ's release)

correction, resistance will get a Chaze-like boost while FO will get a Drennic-like boost