Best Capital Ship for My Team - Tarkin or AA?

https://swgoh.gg/u/presaria/ships/

I've read the guides, and it seems like AA has the best synergy with my team. But, I've heard many say that Tarkin is better in the long run. I have to make tough choices on which characters to star up and which capital ship to upgrade. Thanks!

Replies

• Work backwards.
    Are you going to be a LS or DS end game player.
    Your roster at the moment does not favour any capital ship, you will climb as best as possible and capital ship choice will not be a factor that you drop.
    So once you know which side you will go, work those toons/ships and a capital ship from there.
    Right now target lock & Biggs are King in Ships.
    Is my humble opinion.
  • Presaria wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/presaria/ships/

I've read the guides, and it seems like AA has the best synergy with my team. But, I've heard many say that Tarkin is better in the long run. I have to make tough choices on which characters to star up and which capital ship to upgrade. Thanks!

Your fleet is young. Here's my thinking. Thrawn is the best capital ship. He is empire. So develop empire and other ships that work well with thrawn.

I think Tarkin is needed for zeta's. I can't remember what AA is required for, maybe getting Tarkin. So you may need both Tarkin and AA in the end.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Yeah, Tarkin is needed for Zetas and you need imps to get to 5* on Tarkin. Maybe I seven star Tarkin's toon first (for R2 someday) and hold on to prestige investment for now.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    AA is needed for Thrawn ship.
  • You don't really have a fleet. You can build whatever you want easily from this point. I suggest starting with characters you plan to use long term throughout the game. Level, star, mod, and gear them, which will increase their ship. Some good advice was given already. I'll just add my experience. I take first regularly, depending on who snipes who last. I use mace, against aa and tarkin fleets that are significantly more powerful than me. It's all about target lock. Build a fleet of target lockers, and let mace do his thing. There is no team I can't beat, but a few can beat me, because AI uses mace very poorly. In the end, no one capital ship is best. Farm the ships of the characters you use, and take it from there.