Meta discussion SWGOH: A game of cleverness or a game of hazard?

Who shoots first? My RaidHan or the RaidHan of my Arena-opponent?
random!
luck?

How is the proportion between cleverness and luck?

The more I play this game, the more I see me addicted to random and luck.

How is your experience?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    cleverness beats luck in the long run.
    Winning one arena match due to being lucky is a helluva lot worse than losing one arena match because you're unlucky.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    The cleverness comes in knowing how to mod, and which characters to build up.

Ships, on the other hand are a different story... Too based on RNG for my comfort.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't always count on my god-mode Han to blow his wad first or anything else to go accordingly on paper. Have a plan B (not that i have one) for damage control and randomness and you are gold.
  • @Mzee
    yesterday i had an opponent in galactic war. thrawn with speed 268
    118 extra speed, but without speed mods (!!!)

in this case i can use my endless cleverness ;-) how i want... HE makes the first move. (without raidhan) and good mods are only a case of random/luck. i tried it one year and my best secondary was 17...

ship-arena. i am sure the rng of my tie pilot and the other tie pilot ISN‘T the same! my chance of evasion is like this: at the most three shots and he is dead and we all know how many attacks we need to do the other...
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    Who shoots first? My RaidHan or the RaidHan of my Arena-opponent?
    random!
    luck?

How is the proportion between cleverness and luck?

The more I play this game, the more I see me addicted to random and luck.

How is your experience?

There is almost no skill in gameplay. All strategy is mod based. Everybody knows top 10 toons and how to play them
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Mzee
    yesterday i had an opponent in galactic war. thrawn with speed 268
    118 extra speed, but without speed mods (!!!)

in this case i can use my endless cleverness ;-) how i want... HE makes the first move. (without raidhan) and good mods are only a case of random/luck. i tried it one year and my best secondary was 17...

Well, speed is not that relevant in GW, you'll get first turn anyway even if you're way slower.
    Mod farming isn't just luck. Farming rediculous amounts of mods will eventually result in better mods than some who doesn't farm rediculous amounts of mods. That said, i haven't been blessed with a single +20 mod either and i've farmed (imo) rediculous amounts of mods).
    Save water, drink champagne!

• hi leef, of course speed is not all, but it is only luck, if i get a good one. i know, i only should farm golden or purpure mods. but it is once more: luck

if i have a good ewok team, i will have no chance in the arena, i don‘t know one. but i am sure, some player farmed them as well like rebell‘s, but...

i have a good fo-team, with all my cleverness i can reach the top 20, often with refreshing. could be i am not a good player, but i am the only dark side team in my arena group. this is no question of luck, it is my non-cleverness to run against the main stream! with not only a rebell team with 6 or 7 different characters. the so called meta... in reality it is a shame, that a good team CANNOT beat another good team.

what i wanted to know, but my discussion was put in the arena and character corner (why?), is, why we should not know our chance to get shards, material, 330 shards in a „paid character drop“. mods, and so on.

if the game is a game of hazard, ea/capital games should publish the %-chance.

the game lives of the buying of crystals. if i buy gear material or 8 shards of baze, i know, what i get. if i buy a chance from 5 to 330 shards, i want know my risk.

wouldn‘t it be fair?

but of course will will not get this information. i don‘t know threads like this, or if the dev‘s answered this question. because of my bad english and my bad internet connection i cannot us the forum like other players.

this little article costed me half an hour, for a thread, parked in the arena discussion...
  • If you’d have used your cleverness, you’d have known that FO is NOT a good team. A good team CAN beat another good team but again, FO is not a good team.

As for drop rates, you can take a look at the long term averages collected so far by other users I.e. 33% for character shards. If you’re looking for pack rates, you’ll never get any official information but I think it’s a safe bet that the chance of getting 330 shards from a pack is probably close to winning the lottery.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    hi Huatimus,

i don‘t say fo is a good team, but what i can say, is, that before the appearance of commander luke i was able to beat every team in my arena group and was sometimes rank 1. more/less end of the day top 10 without problems. rebells were no problem for me. i had problems with internet for three days in june and was rank 47 after three days without any arena fight. but today?

now fo isn‘t a top 50 team like every other dark side team, that is no question.

but it is not very boring, to see the same teams in front? new ideas? ewoks? pffff
    night sisters? we will see...