So why all the focus towards large guilds ?

It is a seriously question, why do you dev's keep focusing and promoting big guilds ? Every end game feature promotes simply being more than comboing into perfect squads, timing or anything. Big guilds means strangers or forced to using ingame chat or even worse some third party program (seriously its a mobile game not a fricking mmo raiding guild) it comes with the same normal drama big guilds has done since the birth of raiding.

My question is why do you focus on the big guilds instead of smaller ones or letting people scale events

Here is some examples
*TB is all about numerical values not about actually doing it good, if anything since smaller guilds cannot finish platoon missions and gets stuck doing the fights HARD mode without special abilities or turning of the enemies abilities (which tends to be the most dangerous thing)

*TB rewards special mission rewards on a numeric basis, 50 leia shards for pressing autoplay every tb round is quite a big reward simply for playing with a bunch of strangers or internet aquaintances, there is no difficult scaling or extra challenge there is simply rewarding zerging behaviour.

*Same with raids, 5 guys with 1.5mil gp teams gets rewarded less than any average 700k gp/player zerg guild simply due to the fact how often the raid can be done due to ticket gain.

This game needs scaling and it needs it now, it means just like we can set parameters in raids such as tries per day etc it needs a scaling how many can do it and the less people can finish the objective the higher the reward should be due to the increase in difficulty or resource aquisition time.
As an example when tb starts there should be a setting that scales how many players are allowed to participate and things like platoon missions and rewards for special missions should adjust after it.

This game needs to reward building teams, collecting and slowly progressing regardless if we do it with 5 friends or 49 randoms, right now its being done the wrong way.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.

Guilds were a highly requested feature before they came out.

The point of guilds is to breed community and promote theorycrafting and team building. You can absolutely do it with less people, but you will not get the full progress that a full guild can get. this would be a hard choice to make but you can make that choice.

everything is based on a 50 player guild and they would have to scale rewards and everything else if they did scale guildes that way you suggest. this would mean you would progress at the same lvl you would right now with a 5 friend guild.

they couldn't scale guilds to be able to beat content at a smaller number and give you the same rewards as a larger group.
  • So basically you want guilds with 5 players to be able to achieve the same amount of rewards as guilds with 50?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    So basically you want guilds with 5 players to be able to achieve the same amount of rewards as guilds with 50?

I want the same effort reward which should have been kind of clear in the post with actual examples.
    I do not think rewarding 50 people for being 50 people, right now they simply get huge bonuses for being 50 ppl even if its 50 ppl with crap squads preforming half **** compared to 5 ppl with perfect squads maxing all their points.

I want quality not quantity rewarded, so yes if you read how i suggest scaling should work (as in you can scale how many can attempt and be rewarded the said tb or raid)

Being 50 ppl is not some sort of achievement, forced usage of third party programs for communication neither is. Being rewarded multiple times based simply on numbers is wrong.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    moved to correct sub forum.

Guilds were a highly requested feature before they came out.

The point of guilds is to breed community and promote theorycrafting and team building. You can absolutely do it with less people, but you will not get the full progress that a full guild can get. this would be a hard choice to make but you can make that choice.

everything is based on a 50 player guild and they would have to scale rewards and everything else if they did scale guildes that way you suggest. this would mean you would progress at the same lvl you would right now with a 5 friend guild.

they couldn't scale guilds to be able to beat content at a smaller number and give you the same rewards as a larger group.

Well i thought i gave pretty clear examples how i would like to see scaling work, right now we can scale based on other things but it would be nice if there was a drop down menu like : 5 player attempts, 10 player attempt, 20 players, 30 players 40 players and 50 players. I think the rewards should be identical (the smaller guilds will have it harder enough since getting full complement of squads on less people requires many times the effort)

TB squad missions needs to have their scaling to fit numer of players, i mean does it make any sense that smaller guilds have it harder in platoon missions ? i mean since the special abilities are only based on numerical players rather than any preformance.

Is it normal that guild x with 50 ppl can press autoplay on leia missions and get 50 shards while guild y only gets 5 for the same effort ?

Promoting community and team building has nothing to do with third party programs and 50 strangers, its fine having it but making every other option NOT viable is stupid and it will in the end cost the game tons of players who simply reach the glass cealing but do not want to be in these raid style guilds in a fricking mobile game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Being 50 ppl is not some sort of achievement, forced usage of third party programs for communication neither is. Being rewarded multiple times based simply on numbers is wrong.

Being rewarded for making a small community to help and work together is half the point of any game with a guild/ chat setup.

There are many posts by people who say that if it wasn't for the '50 randoms' as you call them, they would have stopped playing. so there are some good things to come from it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Why is it wrong? It may not be your preference, but that doesn't make it wrong. It's one way of structuring the game, and it's the way the devs have chosen. They have decided that they want to encourage strong players to be in full guilds with other strong players. The game does not "need" to cater to your desires.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Being rewarded for making a small community to help and work together is half the point of any game with a guild/ chat setup.

There are many posts by people who say that if it wasn't for the '50 randoms' as you call them, they would have stopped playing. so there are some good things to come from it.

For everyone of those there is someone who hits the glass cealing and leaves. Having played in raid guilds for 15 years or so i know that most are randoms or temporary internet aquaintances, the term randoms fits quite perfectly.

What i find funny though with your point here is that what i am saying would not affect the 50 ppl guilds, they still could play, their difficulty would not increase, anything they have now they still would retain. The only difference would be the rest of us would not be forced into this mmo style of gaming on a mobile platform (if i want to have that i can log onto any of the multitudes of games designed for it).

The only change would be that you give people a choice how they choose their community, my guess is big guild proponents are kinda afraid of that if we give the players a choice instead of a bottleneck forced demarcation line the attraction to these "community" features would be less appealing, right now since its the only way to seriously progress at the cost of everyone else its perfect for people who think "officer" roles etc are something that should exist in mobile games.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

For everyone of those there is someone who hits the glass cealing and leaves. Having played in raid guilds for 15 years or so i know that most are randoms or temporary internet aquaintances, the term randoms fits quite perfectly.

What i find funny though with your point here is that what i am saying would not affect the 50 ppl guilds, they still could play, their difficulty would not increase, anything they have now they still would retain. The only difference would be the rest of us would not be forced into this mmo style of gaming on a mobile platform (if i want to have that i can log onto any of the multitudes of games designed for it).

The only change would be that you give people a choice how they choose their community, my guess is big guild proponents are kinda afraid of that if we give the players a choice instead of a bottleneck forced demarcation line the attraction to these "community" features would be less appealing, right now since its the only way to seriously progress at the cost of everyone else its perfect for people who think "officer" roles etc are something that should exist in mobile games.

but from your example 5 people with a 'prefect' roster could run a guild right now and progress slower, as they would if everything was scaled.

in the grand scheme of things the number is also important because if you lose one player from 50 the guild generally speaking will not fall apart. if 1 of 5 leaves you would likely lose all 5, from a developer perspective this cushioning is a good move.
  • Herding 50 cats is definitely deserving of greater rewards. Seriously.

Also, we have some revolving door on the bottom 5-8 in my guild - your strike team of 5 perfect players is welcome!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • The five if you should each make 9 alts that would equal 50 members. Done is done full guild with 5 players
  • It's quite simple actually. Newbie guilds are nowhere near endgame. Their goal should be achieving Heroic Rancor, Heroic Tank, etc. End-game guilds have already passed this stage. They don't have anything else to do, so of course new content should be MORE(not entirely) focused towards people who have already achieved everything, rather than people who are still struggling with previous content.
  • 50 randoms more like 49 new friends
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Thats like suggesting the GDP of a small town in idaho is the same as say new york city.

To suggest EA cater to guilds with 5 people in them is lunacy. That wouldn't make you grow. the whole point is to grow in power by adding more people i.e.- a community to add to that power. If a city doesn't have a carpenter and you need a carpenter the world doesn't just magically gift you one. You have to find a carpenter import them to the city and now you have one. If you wanna stay a guild of 5 that's your right i guess but you will naturally be limited by that smallness as in how the world works.

If not then what advantages would large communities in the game have. you seem more interested in keeping guilds small then growing one to become large probably because its hard work and you would rather the game just make it easy for you to not have to try very hard.

And your whole line of reasoning fails as written several times above.

None of the suggested things would make big guilds weaker, there would be nothing taken away from them. It simply would be an option NOT forcing people into it and thus comes the justification dilemma you and all other pro big guilds posters above get stuck in: what are you affraid of ? that no one will sip your magic coolaid unless they are forced to ?

Heck what we are talking about is not even the same ammount of rewards (as in a big guild would still be able to get the multiplications rewards from tb, still would be able to get more raids done etc) it's just basic things like the platoon missions which are 100% needed for the higher tb sectors is not locked to numbers. You do realise that every small guild has HARDER FIGHTS than big guilds, they have to preform better with less people, they have to fight harder fights at every single level, so a 41 star tb guild has easier fights than a 10 star..is that reasonable ?

Do you think most people who game are new to gaming ? alot of us has been through the raiding, the 100+ man guilds in mmo's the raid times, dkp, scheduled activities, community management etc it's more or less a joke that you and others here try to act like its realy hard especially on a easy platform like this game with accessibility through the roof with it being you know a fricking cell phone game.

I would like to play with friends because i do not want to or have interest in pretending this is the early 2000 and we are suposed to make online friends, i simply want to play the game that require thought, planning, dedication without numbers being the key deciding factor for success or not.

get real sport.
  • I actually kinda agree with OP in regards to how the battles become incredibly easy for the most powerful guilds. It seems like an odd way to scale things.

Seems to me like it would be more interesting for more powerful guilds to be able to take on those missions at their full strength for greater rewards, and for weaker guilds to utilize those "bonuses" and take lesser rewards as a result.

I can't think of too many games that just look at your character sheet and are like "Welp, you're super tough, guess we'll just go ahead and cripple these enemies here and grant you a few more buffs while we're at it!" and then take a look at a weak character and be like "Oh! Looks like you're outmatched! Guess we better buff these enemies a little more then!"

It's okay the way it is, I don't really have a problem with it, it just seems a bit strange when you look at it a certain way.
  • 100% agree with OP!
    We don’t need world of Warcraft coordination in this mobile game

friends you make in real life, not on cell phone games.
    I actually kinda agree with OP in regards to how the battles become incredibly easy for the most powerful guilds. It seems like an odd way to scale things.

Seems to me like it would be more interesting for more powerful guilds to be able to take on those missions at their full strength for greater rewards, and for weaker guilds to utilize those "bonuses" and take lesser rewards as a result.

I can't think of too many games that just look at your character sheet and are like "Welp, you're super tough, guess we'll just go ahead and cripple these enemies here and grant you a few more buffs while we're at it!" and then take a look at a weak character and be like "Oh! Looks like you're outmatched! Guess we better buff these enemies a little more then!"

It's okay the way it is, I don't really have a problem with it, it just seems a bit strange when you look at it a certain way.

Great example realy and a good sollution offered, as in the less platoon missions you complete the more reward you would get giving big builds an option to take on harder fights to be rewarded better yet smaller guilds a chance for progress at the cost of maximum reward possibility.

anything is better than now.

What if you're introvert? I actually just had dinner with some guildmates last night. Never would met up with them otherwise.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    50 randoms more like 49 new friends

What if you're introvert? I actually just had dinner with some guildmates last night. Never would met up with them otherwise.

no i just have enough friends that i do not need more. I have flown across the world to meet guild mates from mmo's to, and at some point in life that might be a fun thing to do but now at an older age it holds no interest.

Mobile platforms that require a third party program to even be able to chat properly is not realy something that should be socialbuildning orientated.

• Seems to me like territory wars would fit small guilds well, as it will pit small guilds against each other (if the matchmaking works well).
  • Seems to me like territory wars would fit small guilds well, as it will pit small guilds against each other (if the matchmaking works well).

you have to have 25 players to participate...so no it does not suit us at all.