Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    CyclonusNL wrote: »
    aabpn5.png
    Think the event is bugged for me, have only 1 tier and did one battle for 4 Zombie shards and can't unlock either character this way.

From my opening post:

Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.

I see it now, but in game it doesn't show this at all which is dissapointing to say the least. I completed 1 try and did not notice any (big) XP rewards either, the message after the battle only showed 4 Zombie shards.
  • If you aren’t 80-85, why even bother doing the event? You have no possibility to unlock the event units but will eventually. The “extreme XP boost”? My XP meter didn’t even move at 66. This was definitely a waste of time. Very uncharacteristic of literally any other event ever put up.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Seigi wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I looked at the event. Saw that there were 2 battles per stage and decided to do them both on the bonus tier first to see how difficult it was. Left the thing on auto both times as I have stuff to do around the house. Came back after the second battle to see that I could no longer do the normal tier -which has the most shards available. I'm guessing this event will be back soonish but it is really annoying that I missed out on unlocking both characters because of this.
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Really bad review because you did not even mention that attempts were shared. I got tricked and this disgusts me.

Once you did either tier you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but theres nobody to blame but yourselves.

Not really. Since it wasn't stated to be a shared thing, it isn't the fault of the player of not knowing this. It's the fault of the developer and lack of communication about it.

Soooo many of these events share this same mechanic. I'd go so far as to say almost all of them work this way. If you fell for it, it's on you for not looking first, not them. I don't usually stick up for CG, but this time I do.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    I looked at the event. Saw that there were 2 battles per stage and decided to do them both on the bonus tier first to see how difficult it was. Left the thing on auto both times as I have stuff to do around the house. Came back after the second battle to see that I could no longer do the normal tier -which has the most shards available. I'm guessing this event will be back soonish but it is really annoying that I missed out on unlocking both characters because of this.
    Really bad review because you did not even mention that attempts were shared. I got tricked and this disgusts me.

Once you did either tier you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but theres nobody to blame but yourselves.

Not really. Since it wasn't stated to be a shared thing, it isn't the fault of the player of not knowing this. It's the fault of the developer and lack of communication about it.

Soooo many of these events share this same mechanic. I'd go so far as to say almost all of them work this way. If you fell for it, it's on you for not looking first, not them. I don't usually stick up for CG, but this time I do.

It is not like assault battles nor Omega battles were the two last event and they don’t share attempts, oh wait it is...
  • Phoenix Squad on auto, both tiers.
  • I thought Phoenix Squadron would work. Makes sense after all.
  • Sarahm2017
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Mine doesn't even show tier 2...??? I'm level 80 it's annoyed me cause of been gearing people up ready for this event and all I get is 4 shards... Is this a bug? Its really quite annoying and I don't think it's fair at all
  • feedback: disabling the unique of nightsister zombie was totally unnecesary. It was now too easy. At least they could have enabled it for the bonus tier, making it more challenging. it would be quite fun trying to lower the zombies health and needing to kill them all in a single AOE.
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    so 4 years to complete 7 star zombie and spirit with f2p
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141623/ghosts-of-dathomir-event-feedback/p1

could always try reading before posting the 50th post about this
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141623/ghosts-of-dathomir-event-feedback/p1

could always try reading before posting the 50th post about this

He does say he’s level 80
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Was absolutely trivial with my usual CLS arena team. Just kill/stun Daka. The zombies go down in 1, at most 2, hits,so she's not hard to get to.

I just threw in my arena team. ezpz.

• IvoB1987 wrote: »
    feedback: disabling the unique of nightsister zombie was totally unnecesary. It was now too easy. At least they could have enabled it for the bonus tier, making it more challenging. it would be quite fun trying to lower the zombies health and needing to kill them all in a single AOE.

Lol... no. Getting 5 toons down to roughly the same health and then having to make sure they all die would be ridiculous
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    feedback: disabling the unique of nightsister zombie was totally unnecesary. It was now too easy. At least they could have enabled it for the bonus tier, making it more challenging. it would be quite fun trying to lower the zombies health and needing to kill them all in a single AOE.

Yeah ;-)
    I didn't read the description so I retreated and came back with a Wiggs + Lando team to try to wipe them all in one swoop and realized after that it wasn't necessary ^^
  • I'm level 80 and it hasn't come up
  • I'm level 80 and tier 2 hasn't shown??
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi!

I've been playing for quite a long time now, but I've only registered to this forum to reply to this thread, because this is the game breaking point for me.

I love the idea of a spooky ingame event like zombie/spirit on Halloween. I'm also fine with whatever rules you create around it, I'm not challenging that. I'll always make my analysis, think of the best strategy and execute it. That's what I have been doing for over a month now, and yet it got completely messed up now.

I quote from the official forum announcement on the 18th October (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017#latest) :
    'Play Tier 1 to unlock the new Nightsister Zombie and Nightsister Spirit units! A Bonus Tier, with more generous recurring rewards of these two Nightsisters, is available starting at level 70 and above.'

I was planning my squad according to this. I've been farming nightsisters for a month now, invested all my resources into getting them going, knowing that I would get Zombie today.
    Yet, I won't get Zombie today. Also, I won't even get it in November, as the event is on the 4th, and still, I won't meet the NEW, UNANNOUNCED minimum requirements.

I'm level 72. According to the official communication, the bonus tier is from level 70. Yet, at level 72 I can't get it, and now I'm reading level 80 in this post. This last second change of information may not look that big (level 70 or 80), but it means the whole world for a level 72 player.

I feel huge disappointment, by the massive disrespect you treat your players with, making enormous changes last second in a strategic game! The whole point of this is planning, but you don't allow me to plan ahead if you act differently than what you announce 2 weeks before!

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »

It is not like assault battles nor Omega battles were the two last event and they don’t share attempts, oh wait it is...

I didn't say "all events". You kittenned the pooch. Not their fault and certainly not mine. I paid attention (while drinking my 3rd bourbon after work) and managed to not make that mistake. If my drunk kitten can manage to not kitten that up, what's your excuse? Actually, I don't care.
  • Did 2 bonus tiers on auto. Would have been nice to know it's not like credit heist and you need to do tier 1.....just absolute garbage.
  • @LynnYoda I'm level 80 I can't seem to post a picture of proof...but I only have tier 1...is it a bug?
  • Mine never showed the other tier either. I did both battles then a guild mate said he got a zeta and omegas and I went back and it still wasn't there. I forced stopped the game and restarted and the stinking thing was there. This means I missed out on both the zetas and omegas because of this game doesn't run properly. This isn't fair at all.... It was never said we need to restart the game before it runs properly. If any player gets to read this before they do the event I recommend restarting your game so it doesn't cheat you as well. @CG_Kozispoon .... This isn't fair we all work to hard and most pay alot to play this game and should be able to get what we deserve. Please please fix this.... Thanks in advance but more than likely nothing will be done :(
  • thats possible when did you hit 80, if it was today then possible its not registered.
    @CG_CapGaSP will need to give an answer though
  • Tommy7xyz
    82 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Did 2 tiers 1 on auto. Would have been nice to know it's not like other events and you need to do just once tier 1 and then Rango bonus... both tiers were playable.
    No mention on it as in previous events. absolutely disappointed.
  • Also I'm level 85 and have almost every toon but 5 I think. Spent major money also
  • I used my usual arena team of Kenobi lead, barriss, Nihilus, Thrawn, R2 and they may as well of not even been attacking as I felt basically nothing. Too easy. I did however have that nasty bug hit me in another thread here which I posted about. I wasn't able to do the bonus tier because of it but I cant imagine that its much of a challenge for my arena team either. I'd sure love to try playing it though if they can fix this bug and let us play it before the event ends....
  • Was looking forward to this event didn't come onto the forums didn't need to tbh but this is shameful How it expected you to know you weren't going to unlock anything if your under 85 I'm 55 and got no xp at all and 3 shards each attempt even by the 4th I'm not going to be 85 so great
  • TDF117
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    shocking that they would even attempt to put the same price bracket on the t1 and bonus tier refresh as I can only get shards no Zeta or anything and no way of getting those chars sure if you are higher lvl I expect you to get better rewards but newer players need more chars then the vets fact so it makes no sense at all to get so few shards and even I don't need 2* chars at my lvl so why bother as the vets need 6*+ and I personally could do with 4*+ but the real kicker is the store no with a £20 price tag for 2 2* and minor gear and the other shard packs are bogus rng rubbish at a mid lvl account I saved hard for the talzin pack and got 7 gems so worthless really for my shards want to upgrade but the cost doesn't way up unless you get mega lucky and unlock 330 what a wasted even when it comes back I'll have 12 shards maybe for one char useless
  • Yeh I hit level 80 earlier today I thought tier 2 would have shown up after me completing tier 1 but nothing has changed...i haven't had a chance to even participate...i play every day I do all daily challenges, saved up over 700 crystals and over 4 mil money for this event and was pushing...i hit level 80 then tried the event and nothing so had to do tier 1 twice

• I used my usual arena team of Kenobi lead, barriss, Nihilus, Thrawn, R2 and they may as well of not even been attacking as I felt basically nothing. Too easy. I did however have that nasty bug hit me in another thread here which I posted about. I wasn't able to do the bonus tier because of it but I cant imagine that its much of a challenge for my arena team either. I'd sure love to try playing it though if they can fix this bug and let us play it before the event ends....

Yeah everyone is writing on general discussion about the bug. People are saying they had too spend 900 gems too do Bonus Tier.
  • TDF117 wrote: »
    shocking that they would even attempt to put the same price bracket on the t1 and bonus tier refresh as I can only get shards no Zeta or anything and no way of getting those chars sure if you are higher lvl I expect you to get better rewards but newer players need more chars then the vets fact so it makes no sense at all to get so few shards and even I don't need 2* chars at my lvl so why bother as the vets need 6*+ and I personally could do with 4*+ but the real kicker is the store no with a £20 price tag for 2 2* and minor gear and the other shard packs are bogus rng rubbish at a mid lvl account I saved hard for the talzin pack and got 7 gems so worthless really for my shards want to upgrade but the cost doesn't way up unless you get mega lucky and unlock 330 what a wasted even when it comes back I'll have 12 shards maybe for one char useless

Ever heard of punctuation?