Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• I paid for Sabine for one of the other events to make sure I was able to unlock thrawn aswel iv put money into the game it's frustrating more than anything
  • thats your answer, restart your game / device and it should show up
  • What’s this bonus tier, I only see one tier there. I even loaded the game again to make sure
  • Completed the bonus tier with Phoenix team. Only g8, with Hera and Ezra g9. They're a good resilient squad in long term combat.
    Did it in semi auto battle, just targeting Daka first, then both spirit, and kept zombie for the end, each time.
    20 minutes later it was over.
  • Klocko wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Klocko wrote: »
    Seigi wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I looked at the event. Saw that there were 2 battles per stage and decided to do them both on the bonus tier first to see how difficult it was. Left the thing on auto both times as I have stuff to do around the house. Came back after the second battle to see that I could no longer do the normal tier -which has the most shards available. I'm guessing this event will be back soonish but it is really annoying that I missed out on unlocking both characters because of this.
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Really bad review because you did not even mention that attempts were shared. I got tricked and this disgusts me.

Once you did either tier you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but theres nobody to blame but yourselves.

Not really. Since it wasn't stated to be a shared thing, it isn't the fault of the player of not knowing this. It's the fault of the developer and lack of communication about it.

Soooo many of these events share this same mechanic. I'd go so far as to say almost all of them work this way. If you fell for it, it's on you for not looking first, not them. I don't usually stick up for CG, but this time I do.

It is not like assault battles nor Omega battles were the two last event and they don’t share attempts, oh wait it is...

I didn't say "all events". You kittenned the pooch. Not their fault and certainly not mine. I paid attention (while drinking my 3rd bourbon after work) and managed to not make that mistake. If my drunk kitten can manage to not kitten that up, what's your excuse? Actually, I don't care.

Politeness would be my excuse :)
  • First:
    WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.

Okay, it's not like you ignored this. you did put the info on the website, but this is entirely different from how these things have been represented in the past. As feedback, I strongly recommend that when you do something non-traditional you alert the players that didn't read the website. Most players never read the forums, but they do read messages in the inbox and special messages that are part of the event.

You've set up an expectation that this will not be the case. It's too easy for people to play one tier twice before noticing that the other tier has become unavailable. You have to do better than putting this on the website where your readership is far smaller than your player base.

Second:
    I used Kylo, and for some reason his unique failed to function. Not one time did my cool downs reset after taking damage, and I used specials as often as I could both times through. While technically it's possible that RNG just came up bad for me, I encourage others to speak up if they had this issue, and if several of us have had the issue, then EA/CG should take a look and see if some of the special event coding killed Kylo's unique. Possibly disabling the zombie eternal-resurrection feature also disabled Kylo's cool down reset? I can't know, but I'm very suspicious that something here is not working correctly.

Thanks for the event. I look forward to collecting more of these shards.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Challenge accepted. I'm really hyped, the previous Nightsisters events were great. Normally I would use my Resistance team but I'm totally expecting something that prevents them to run their usual show, something like high tenacity where nothing sticks. That would be too easy otherwise...

Having played the event, I can attest to the fact that there is indeed a problem with them running their usual show - the Spirit Pool or whatever it's called is apparently immune to negative status effects, so in the final phase you have to do damage without relying on expose and you'll get 0 TM because expose neither lands nor does damage. Base damage from Resistance is probably too low for me to get through. The massive buff when the Spirit Pool revives everyone will find your resistance squad without TM topped up and will take advantage with NightSister Spirits stunning multiple characters.

Rebels + Kylo got it done for me, even with Kylo's unique bugged.
  • Oh, hey: after mentioning rebels, I remembered that there was something else odd.

In every other area of the game, when Leia uses her basic against an opponent with Foresight, the Foresight blocks the first attacks, but Leia then attacks a 2nd and even sometimes a 3rd time. While, again, it could technically be RNG, there's a 70% chance of having 2+ attacks, and there was not one single time when Leia got a 2nd attack against a toon with Foresight. It just took the foresight off with the first attack and Leia's turn was done.
  • A large XP reward? I don't think it made me go up even 20% of the level and I'm only 55 right now. I guess large is subjective...
  • Iv restarted it 3 times and turned my phone off and back on...still nothing
  • The reward was 1,760 xp.

That's enough to take you from level 1 to level 20 or something! 19 levels for one battle is a LOT. Why not be grateful?
  • Quite a fun little event.

It was here, I did it, got two new characters out of it. I doubt I'll be farming these but still...

Advice - take your heavy hitters, dispellers and AOE merchants.
  • Tried nihilus annihilate to the spirit pool :D
    Nothing happened.
  • This will likely violate the new forum rules, but this event structure is the most horrible thing that has ever happened in the game, or for that matter in any free to play game I have ever played.

You are basically sacrificing the pretty decent release cadence you had before, for this kind of awful event structure that is only made for the benefit of whales, as the other players are obviously unworthy of playing with these new characters.

It's no coincidence that you choose to actively discourage any form of dissent, and at the same time roll out the worst possible release plan in history. I have other terms for this kind of activity, but I will spare them for a medium where we, the people that want your game to succeed and continue to be amazing, can freely express ourselves.
  • Pretty fun and even better because there was a Zeta in the prize. More events with Zeta’s would be great
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    This will likely violate the new forum rules, but this event structure is the most horrible thing that has ever happened in the game, or for that matter in any free to play game I have ever played.

You are basically sacrificing the pretty decent release cadence you had before, for this kind of awful event structure that is only made for the benefit of whales, as the other players are obviously unworthy of playing with these new characters.

It's no coincidence that you choose to actively discourage any form of dissent, and at the same time roll out the worst possible release plan in history. I have other terms for this kind of activity, but I will spare them for a medium where we, the people that want your game to succeed and continue to be amazing, can freely express ourselves.

Play or don't play :)

All up to you. Life's too short.
  • @Vohbo:

Do you mind if I ask how the event was only for whales?
    I fell into the trap of doing one tier twice, as if they were tiered events, not daily challenges, so I can't speak to how my particular characters would have handled the bonus tier, but I watched someone else play the bonus tier (and fail). They are level 84 and a long way from my power - I think I have double the Galactic Power and more to the point, I have toons that they don't have that are just plain better for this event. once the last NightSister goes down, you need high DPS to kill the Altar or Spirit Pool or whatever.

High DPS = Wiggs Rebels. With Wiggs, Raid Han & CLS I have no doubt I could have beaten the bonus tier. The person I watched that failed got to the final encounter, killed all the NSs, then couldn't kill the altar before it resurrected all the NS toons and got stunned by the spirits & Daka, so died before they could get another crack at the injured/damaged Altar.

So, yeah. I have a small bunch of g10 toons, 3 g11 toons, a few g9s and a whole whack of g8 toons. I'm not a whale. I'm nothing like a whale. But I have CLS and Raid Han and I have Wiggs, and I could dismantle this thing without even adding a 5th toon to my squad.

I really don't see how the event was Whale only.
  • I'm F2P and cleared both tiers with auto on. I used CLS, GK, R2, Vader, EP though I probably could have swapped Vader and Ep with Wiggs.
  • TGDXHyp3z wrote: »

Yeah everyone is writing on general discussion about the bug. People are saying they had too spend 900 gems too do Bonus Tier.

I actually don't think it is a bug. Think about it the same numbers show on areas like challenges where if we see "Battle(1)" on all difficulty levels of a challenge with 1 left to do we know it means that we only have 1 battle left that is possible on all tiers so choose which tier you want wisely. The same thing was meant for this event I guess but that's really awful of them to do and really bad for players because almost if not every event has traditionally been buttons which say "Battle" on each tier which means that we are able to do each tiers battle until it is completed. Sadly with a mix of being sleepy or excited or both most players assume event time means it lets us do all difficulty levels if we meet requirements until no more "battle buttons are shown.

We simply didn't realize however that on this event CG did a very bad and shady thing of numbering total attempts we have left on them which caused the confusion because since when is this how they do game events!!?!?!?!?!?!? WTH??!?!?! Please devs can you fix this and make this right? This has made a lot of players angry and with Luke and Han making many rage lately this is not good for the game.
  • Fun event to play. Shared attempts wasn’t clear but it’s back in 4 days so no great damage. Hope on full return it will be quite frequent so the farm is measured in months and not years.
  • It might not be live in your time zone yet?
  • Well after turning level 80 this morning and restarting app and phone... none of it has updated or even shown...had to do tier 1 twice as there was no other option...still not showing and lost out on getting both characters
  • The event shows but only tier 1 and not the second one... so missed out on unlocking both characters which is unfair it should have updated even on restart
  • Sarahm2017
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It was live at 6am
  • you only just turned 80 after the event began so my guessing is you will have to wait until it comes back (4th november) but as i said earlier im sure @CG_CapGaSP or @CG_Kozispoon will confirm when they wake up
  • Did both tiers and only got zombie shards as a reward. Right now zombie is 12/25. Is this WAI? The way the rewards read, it implies that shards for both characters are rewarded. @CG_CapGaSP . Thank you.
  • Thats unfair...if it requires level 80 surely it should have updated as I turned level 80
  • Flibbles
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So the event is back in a few days, do 2 x tier 1 and all you tier 2 hitters will be in exactly the same position as smart people who do different tiers for 1st time completion rewards.

Everyone complaining because they want free stuff for their stupi dity.