Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• Options
    Girder wrote: »
    For some reason, only one tier appeared for me. Sigh

Same!
  • Options
    I used my droids with Grievous lead, 88, R2, BB8, and B2. It felt glorious.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    So I got screwed out of a zeta and 5 omegas because this is the first and only event I’ve seen with globally shared 2 attacks. I didn’t realize the 2 chances were shared, thereby screwing myself out of a chance at he bonus tier. Can you please fix this mechanic so people aren’t screwed out of the best material in the game? Guild mates of mine did the same thing so I’m pretty sure you’re going to hear more about this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    event will return, including the first time rewards. You're fine.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This event was a huge disappointment. I was level 78 and beat it twice, I got 4 zombie and 4 spirit shards respectively as reward. I was expecting to unlock both characters. Why was I expecting to unlock both charachters? Because of the content release notes "Play Tier 1 to unlock the new Nightsister Zombie and Nightsister Spirit units! A Bonus Tier, with more generous recurring rewards of these two Nightsisters, is available starting at level 70 and above."

Not only did the characters not get unlocked, but neither was there any bonus tier. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    The event itself was great. Really enjoy the setup, revives by the NS - felt immersive which is hard to pull off in mobile. 10/10 on the design of the event.

The rewards though. 0/10 - so disappointed. I actually had hopes that for a Halloween event it would be generous somehow..but even after a refresh I still have 2* heroes! What? And even with the 19.99 pack they'd only be 3*! What happened here? This is so lame.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    event will return, including the first time rewards. You're fine.

"You're fine"... ? Really? So a large sum of players didn't have the same chance for a zeta and 5 omega and we're just supposed to say, "Oh well, no big deal. Event will be back".
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.

This should have been an in-game message. It would have been nice to know prior to me spending my only 2 wins on the first tier
  • Options
    Is there somewhere to read about how characters are altered for events that I'm not aware of? For example in this one, kylos unique doesn't work, annihilate does no damage on the alter, nightsister zombie doesn't revive etc . It's happened in previous events as well, with sidious being unstunable and I'm sure many others that I just can't think of.
    Are we supposed to just work it out as we go through the event?
    Not a complaint just looking for info.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    By most people I would be considered a whale, but if this ridiculous way of releasing toons doesn’t stop, I become f2p, the reason is that is not fun to have a toon 7* for more than max 3 month before ftp starts catch up on the new toons, now we are talking years
    I love the event itself though and think it’s well made and fun
    so great job to those who made it
    and two thumbs down to those who are in charge of the rewards
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    TGDXHyp3z wrote: »
    What teams did people use for this event? Only wandering due too the struggle I’m getting at the end of the event with the resurrections. I’m using a full rebel team 7* Lando, 7* Ackbar, 7* Biggs, 7* Wedge and 7* K2-SO.

Sith team with Nihilus lead. I am sure if people have GK, CLS etc then easy anyway but for others given may face several waves then health steal means nobody dies (nothing hits hard enough in one go) and plague goes away. Maybe slower than some things and annihilate does nothing but would be pretty hard to lose.

• Options
    TGDXHyp3z wrote: »
    What teams did people use for this event? Only wandering due too the struggle I’m getting at the end of the event with the resurrections. I’m using a full rebel team 7* Lando, 7* Ackbar, 7* Biggs, 7* Wedge and 7* K2-SO.

I used nihlus, chirrut, baze, fulcrum, emp palp all 7* lvl 85 all gear 10+ I had no issues or difficulties but be aware I could have done without nihlus as his special kill ability does not work in this event!!! Best strategy is kill old Dhaka first and use AoE toons in my opinion
  • Options
    I'm getting this event bugged - every time Altar restores its life to full even though it was not suppose to do that! so it's like never ending battle!How to get this fixed?
  • Options
    I couldn't say as I pretty much eliminated before any of that to happen
  • Options
    I enjoyed the event... it was doable and the theme was well represented... rewards are good (free zeta and omegas)
    I also like the new way of getting shards for the new toons
  • Options
    I have two comments about this event
    1. Very fun how it was built. The altar thingy was unexpected! I had no idea what was going on after I ko'ed all the nightsisters and I was thinking why wasn't the Victory text showing up. But then, I saw the altar's health bar kinda hidden in the corner of the screen and, this became one of those "Ooohhhhh!" moments :]
    2. BUT, unfortunately, the fact the tiers do share wins when there's nowhere in-game saying that is a total bummer... I know devs are aware of this fact, but I'm still writing because I think this can't repeat. And I think bringing the event again in a couple of days isn't enough, because there're people who spent crystals on the refresh due to this mistake.
  • Options
    Very fun event, even on auto. Well built!

As others have said, though, replay rewards are extremely underwhelming, especially considering these are nameless characters. Maybe if 7-10 shards for both characters dropped, instead of just one...
  • Options
    Hdjohnny wrote: »
    So I got screwed out of a zeta and 5 omegas because this is the first and only event I’ve seen with globally shared 2 attacks. I didn’t realize the 2 chances were shared, thereby screwing myself out of a chance at he bonus tier. Can you please fix this mechanic so people aren’t screwed out of the best material in the game? Guild mates of mine did the same thing so I’m pretty sure you’re going to hear more about this.

Apparently you haven't been playing long. This shared attempts structure was par for the course in the earlier flash events, in droids fight back, is the EXACT same structure using in training droid smuggling (which coincidentally was today as well) and credit heist. Probably used in other ones as well.
  • Options
    You guys realize that every week we have at least 1 training droid and/or credit heist (sometimes multiple) that have their attempts shared across the board. You realize DAILY we have the same thing in challenges??

Man you people are so "soft" and will complain about anything. Id hate to see you in real life when someone swipes your ice cream. You probably all jump off a bridge...

~D
  • Options
    Funny how not many noticed the attempts for both were at two and when you finished either one both attempts dropped to one.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I thought this was a cool event.

I want the TB missions to be more like this

I echo others concerns about the attempts structure, and if you aren't able to do something more controlled because of some tech restraints, you should lobby your engineers to make what you need possible.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Funny how not many noticed the attempts for both were at two and when you finished either one both attempts dropped to one.

Nah, thats too much work for people. They want CG to hold their hand
  • Options
    Shared rewards is normal enough.
    I just thought it would have a 2nd day refresh
    Basically both toons are pay only to be of any use .
    I'm not ftp but I'm not going to buy 20 packs for talzin,zombie and ghost
  • Options
    Sochie wrote: »
    I especially love how on the bonus tier you get about 3-4 hits on the altar, and then they come back hitting like crazy and decimating your team in about 12 seconds. That's some real fun event planning for a silly Halloween event right there.

Just upgrade your team, dude.

And by the way, expect them to come back more than once.
    I went through 3 waves in the last tier with a 200+ speed team.
  • Glurp
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Events with different structures should not look the same. The interface needs to be updated so that people know what kind they're dealing with. Shared tiers need to look like shared tiers. Some people will notice the number changes. Some won't. It's a basic design issue.
  • Options
    I kinda figured it was 2 attempts, when after I finished the 1st Tier, both the 1st and Bonus after showed a (1), instead of (2).
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    The battle was very easy both tiers.
    Could auto with any viable arena team
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Shared rewards is normal enough.
    I just thought it would have a 2nd day refresh
    Basically both toons are pay only to be of any use .
    I'm not ftp but I'm not going to buy 20 packs for talzin,zombie and ghost

CG appreciate your donation .........
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    First time rewards are always better than repeat rewards, why would anyone just do the bonus stage twice in a row without looking at anything? Don't blame CG for your lack of observation. The event will be back on Nov 4 and you'll get your shards, no need to act like you're being screwed over.
  • Options
    Callicles wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    CyclonusNL wrote: »
    aabpn5.png
    Think the event is bugged for me, have only 1 tier and did one battle for 4 Zombie shards and can't unlock either character this way.

From my opening post:

Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.

Well, I'm level 74 and I have done the 2 attempts but no XP in rewards (only the shard, and no noticeable change on my XP bar either).

And why so many events are lock with level? Let us, new players, at least try events so we can know what to upgrade and what to unlock.

Same here, NO XP REWARDS!