Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• Dok wrote: »
    First time rewards are always better than repeat rewards, why would anyone just do the bonus stage twice in a row without looking at anything? Don't blame CG for your lack of observation. The event will be back on Nov 4 and you'll get your shards, no need to act like you're being screwed over.

I don't think people give a **** about the shards. It's the Zeta/Omega that they cry - for good reason - about. Sure, the event will come back, but still. Soup sandwich.
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."
  • How many attempts do you get after a refresh? 2 again, or just 1?
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Dok wrote: »
    First time rewards are always better than repeat rewards, why would anyone just do the bonus stage twice in a row without looking at anything? Don't blame CG for your lack of observation. The event will be back on Nov 4 and you'll get your shards, no need to act like you're being screwed over.

I don't think people give a **** about the shards. It's the Zeta/Omega that they cry - for good reason - about. Sure, the event will come back, but still. Soup sandwich.

Same thing, though. Event will be back in a few days and they can get those then. It's not like the observant people are getting extra mats because of it.
  • How many attempts do you get after a refresh? 2 again, or just 1?

You get 2 more attempts with the refresh
  • As a level 70 player I was thoroughly disappointed I only got one tier, 3-6 shards and a little xp is not a reward. What REALLY baffles me though is the 900 Crystal refresh for us. Why is it okay to charge 900c just to re-unlock a single terrible tier for us? I might understand that for high level materials. Also was my event bugged? I only got a single attempt at tier 1, while others seem to have at least 2. Anyways a lot of hype for basically no reward.
  • What_Why wrote: »
    As a level 70 player I was thoroughly disappointed I only got one tier, 3-6 shards and a little xp is not a reward. What REALLY baffles me though is the 900 Crystal refresh for us. Why is it okay to charge 900c just to re-unlock a single terrible tier for us? I might understand that for high level materials. Also was my event bugged? I only got a single attempt at tier 1, while others seem to have at least 2. Anyways a lot of hype for basically no reward.
    What_Why wrote: »
    As a level 70 player I was thoroughly disappointed I only got one tier, 3-6 shards and a little xp is not a reward. What REALLY baffles me though is the 900 Crystal refresh for us. Why is it okay to charge 900c just to re-unlock a single terrible tier for us? I might understand that for high level materials. Also was my event bugged? I only got a single attempt at tier 1, while others seem to have at least 2. Anyways a lot of hype for basically no reward.

You got some XP? I didn't, lvl 79.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CG - Next time you run an event like this, dim the bonus tier until T1 is completed for the first time only. Would have saved a lot of headaches (ie, half of the posts in this thread).
    Also might want to consider a different Battle button colour for events that have shared attempts (like orange) to distinguish them from regular ones. "Battle (2 shared)" would also work.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Guys...
    This event is level banded starting at level 20, and increasing every ten levels after that. All players can participate once they have unlocked the Events feature!
    Play Tier 1 to unlock the new Nightsister Zombie and Nightsister Spirit units! A Bonus Tier, with more generous recurring rewards of these two Nightsisters, is available starting at level 70 and above.
    Players will be able to win the event once. The event can then be refreshed for crystals for one additional play, each day the event runs. Make sure to play the tier with the rewards that you want the most!

Sorry about the lousy formatting, I can’t quote from Dev Updates so I had to copy/paste the raw text. But, anyway, the point is they said it’s shared.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • What_Why wrote: »
    What_Why wrote: »

You got some XP? I didn't, lvl 79.

If you’re under70 you get xp. If you’re over 70 you get a bonus tier.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Also on the 4th event is on calendar to return and first time award will still be there.

While hearing the issues and cap did update, there will be a quick turn around for doing t1
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • HyperCalm1 wrote: »
    How many attempts do you get after a refresh? 2 again, or just 1?

You get 2 more attempts with the refresh

Thanks. That’s actually a great deal then. Minimum of 28 shards, right?
  • C'mon, you gotta know sometimes the event tries are shared by now. And that the 'first time beating' rewards have bonuses.
    The event was fun, I assumed the NS would resurrect, just didn't know they'd come back buffed and ready to murder, it was a little different. A topple mechanic by a different means. All good.
    But, echoing the real issue here, the farm for the Zombie and Spirit are potentially astronomical. They're even WORSE then MT. Unlocked at only 2*, with a CHANCE of 7-10 (not even just 10 like, MT) and it's a chance of one OR the OTHER. It essentially Doubles what as become a ridiculous release method. 25 out of 330 shards... and lets face the facts, we WILL get 7 shards out of 10 every time - that 10, like the 7 challenge carbantis, are a myth. 305/7 = 43.5 plays for ONE of them. potentially 43.5 months... 3.63 years.... for one.
    Lets assume 50/50, zombie then ghost. 87 months? 7 and a quarter years??? Oh... wait, I forgot, 4-6 weeks wait time... 4-6 weeks in packs... need factor in another 3 months on top of everything else.
    Consider... If this event ran each and every week, regularly scheduled, you are still looking at potentially 21.75 months before you can use them in any serious way (this is, of course, entirely proposterous, just making a point). Which, isn't to say you might not 7* spirit first, and then some of those chances will be 'wasted' as extra shard, and not getting you the zombie (which is what we really want). And.... AND... you need to fight it, every time. EVERY SINGLE TIME. No sims. Like TB, how is this fun? Or interesting? Or a test of players skills/rosters? (outside of the obvious patience game) I know the math isn't entirely accurate - but I think the point is made.
    Response? - I would please ask for some response on MT and the NS - is this level of extreme long farm what was intended? More over - is this how new toons are going to be released? It has a great deal of bearing on people playing this game going forward.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks
  • Pathetic. 900 Crystal refresh for a chance of what.. 3 to 6 or 7 to 10 shards. Max 2 attempts with no warning that your attempts are across both.

Alter was a waste of time.

Go back to events like yoda and Palpatine, at least there's only the character requirement grind to worry about.
  • dreagone wrote: »
    Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks

Why...now that I've gotten both my first time bonuses I'd rather be able to do the higher tier for better rewards next time 2x.

Notice devs...you don't see the people who bothered to take an extra 1/2 a second to read their screen complaining about shared attempts.
  • Tralk
    135 posts Member
    Thanks for the slap in the face this morning dev's after i found out i couldn't do bonus tier because i did tier 1 twice, appreciate that.
  • Good event, but thought refresh price too high especially when shards given don't even give enough to get either character to 3*. Just my honest feedback. Thanks for good event.
  • Aeox wrote: »
    Pathetic. 900 Crystal refresh for a chance of what.. 3 to 6 or 7 to 10 shards. Max 2 attempts with no warning that your attempts are across both.

Alter was a waste of time.

Go back to events like yoda and Palpatine, at least there's only the character requirement grind to worry about.

But I assume the replays are like the first attempt and it’s of both characters, right? So 900 crystals for 28 shards is what, a little over 30 crystals per shard? Cheaper than almost anywhere else you can buy characters.
    Game Developers please take note: no shared attempts across event tiers ever again.

Thanks

Why...now that I've gotten both my first time bonuses I'd rather be able to do the higher tier for better rewards next time 2x.

Notice devs...you don't see the people who bothered to take an extra 1/2 a second to read their screen complaining about shared attempts.

Exactly. These people would be complaining if next time they couldn't do tier 2 twice. But that's exactly what they're asking for... smh
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!
    Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
    • There are no unit restrictions. You can bring any squad you want.
    • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
    • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
    • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
    • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    • Have fun!

This post doesn't help players that don't visit the forums regularly! This should have been made clear in the details of the even so there would be no misunderstanding. I would certainly like a chance to get that zeta material I just missed out on.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!
    Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
    • There are no unit restrictions. You can bring any squad you want.
    • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
    • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
    • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
    • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    • Have fun!

This post doesn't help players that don't visit the forums regularly! This should have been made clear in the details of the even so there would be no misunderstanding. I would certainly like a chance to get that zeta material I just missed out on.

Even people who dont read the forums should be able to tell the difference between a 1 and a 2

Thanks

It's funny how the trolls come out when someone has a legit point to make. It's unnecessarily complicated to have shared attempts across event tiers. Point in fact, this thread wouldn't have been started if it didn't occur. When you see Tier 1 with 2 attempts, people assume 2 attempts at Tier1. It's that simple. Congrats to your **** retentiveness in realizing it was shared. You win the self righteous award!!
  • Did both tiers and only got zombie shards as a reward. Right now zombie is 12/25. Is this WAI? The way the rewards read, it implies that shards for both characters are rewarded. @CG_CapGaSP . Thank you.

Same here... Thought I was supposed to unlock both characters if I beat both tiers
  • Stop whining about the event, just spend $100 for each toon to get it to 7* like all the rich spoiled brats we are who think $100 is what a mobile game is worth! (Well, actually $100 is roughly 1/300th of the game, but who cares? Who needs a proper house and bed to sleep anyway, when you can have SWGOH fully unlocked for the same price?).
  • Honestly, the event was kind of a let down. It basically was the same mechanic as a challenge. No interesting cut scenes, music, etc. I liked the new background on the final stage. The rewards were fine, although I share the same sentiment regarding the concerns of length of farm for the new characters and the ridiculously high refresh cost.

There have been some good events lately - this one, not so much.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I felt the number of shards dropped was a bit low for an infrequent event. Yes, I know they are a business, but there is such a thing as treating the customer fairly.
  • Tralk
    135 posts Member
    dreagone wrote: »
    dreagone wrote: »

Thanks

It's funny how the trolls come out when someone has a legit point to make. It's unnecessarily complicated to have shared attempts across event tiers. Point in fact, this thread wouldn't have been started if it didn't occur. When you see Tier 1 with 2 attempts, people assume 2 attempts at Tier1. It's that simple. Congrats to your **** retentiveness in realizing it was shared. You win the self righteous award!!

Agreed Dreagone.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!

[*] Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    [*] Have fun!
    [/list]

A month ago when ghosts of dathomir was first announced, they said that players at 70 and above would receive increased rewards. Now the event comes out and it was changed to 80 and above with no notice...

This is kind of ****, imo.
  • Zhaff_VanMeer1
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Once you did either tier you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but theres nobody to blame but yourselves.[/quote]

I completed my attempts hours apart...didn't even think about what the count was at 4.5hrs earlier.

Again, there is an event details tab...seems like a great place to put this info.