Enjoy the game, and enjoy yourself

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a great game; however, the forum seems highly critical to the point it can impact other's enjoyment. I mean, how can we truly enjoy the game for what it is when it's constantly blasted.

Who says we have to be #1 anyway? If you think about it, all this negativity about swgoh's stems from the desire of each of us to be #1.

There's talk of balance. Well a healthy perspective can balance our gameplay so that everyone can find enjoyment in it.

Just my 2 cents.

And good luck!
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• I disagree. I think most of the negativity stems from recognizing that while this game, or any game should generate a profit for its makers, it often feels like they expend far more effort calculating the exact level of frustration to motivate spending than they do on making an enjoyable game. In extreme cases, this turns what should be a symbiotic producer/consumer relationship into a (perceived)
    disfunctional pusher/addict relationship. Of course, that line is subjective, so whether it has been crossed will depend on the player.
  • Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a great game; however, the forum seems highly critical to the point it can impact other's enjoyment. I mean, how can we truly enjoy the game for what it is when it's constantly blasted.

Who says we have to be #1 anyway? If you think about it, all this negativity about swgoh's stems from the desire of each of us to be #1.

There's talk of balance. Well a healthy perspective can balance our gameplay so that everyone can find enjoyment in it.

Just my 2 cents.

And good luck!

Good for u huckleberry (that was in the auto correct) never let the negative nellies steal your joy
  • I love this game! Been playing for about ten months and never regretted starting!
  • Longest I've ever played a mobile game. And is seems to only get better.
  • Vombatidae wrote: »
    I disagree. I think most of the negativity stems from recognizing that while this game, or any game should generate a profit for its makers, it often feels like they expend far more effort calculating the exact level of frustration to motivate spending than they do on making an enjoyable game. In extreme cases, this turns what should be a symbiotic producer/consumer relationship into a (perceived)
    disfunctional pusher/addict relationship. Of course, that line is subjective, so whether it has been crossed will depend on the player.

I guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy.

Let me put it to you like this. My brother had a stroke 2 years ago. He'll never be the same, as he almost died and had severe brain damage. He talks only a little with great effort, and has to almost sing his response. He is partially paralyzed on the right side, and no grip in his right hand, and needs a brace to walk. He'll never work again.

Yet he's alive, and living life to the fullest, and amazingly he even makes time to enjoy playing swgoh. And he loves it, without spending a dime! He doesn't finish 1st, and he doesn't care.

So what I'm saying with the story of my brother, is I guess it depends if you are a glass half full or half empty kinda guy. My brother is certainly a glass half full!
    I disagree. I think most of the negativity stems from recognizing that while this game, or any game should generate a profit for its makers, it often feels like they expend far more effort calculating the exact level of frustration to motivate spending than they do on making an enjoyable game. In extreme cases, this turns what should be a symbiotic producer/consumer relationship into a (perceived)

Let me put it to you like this. My brother had a stroke 2 years ago. He'll never be the same, as he almost died and had severe brain damage. He talks only a little with great effort, and has to almost sing his response. He is partially paralyzed on the right side, and no grip in his right hand, and needs a brace to walk. He'll never work again.

Yet he's alive, and living life to the fullest, and amazingly he even makes time to enjoy playing swgoh. And he loves it, without spending a dime! He doesn't finish 1st, and he doesn't care.

So what I'm saying with the story of my brother, is I guess it depends if you are a glass half full or half empty kinda guy. My brother is certainly a glass half full!

That’s rough for him man. Good thing he’s doing ok now. You brother seems like one of the only people here who don’t care about arena. I respect that.

That’s rough for him man. Good thing he’s doing ok now. You brother seems like one of the only people here who don’t care about arena. I respect that.

It's a dark story, and I only mention it because perspective is everything and in that extreme story is a lesson for us all even here with a great game.

It's a dark story, and I only mention it because perspective is everything and in that extreme story is a lesson for us all even here with a great game.

Good for him, seriously, for having such a good attitude. Lots of respect for that!

I think ultimately no matter how negative people are on the forums, they still like the game. People just don't like feeling manipulated. This game makes a lot of money from playing to people's emotions and addiction. It's the freemium model and it's done here fairly well. I think the people who have the most fun are the ones (F2P or whale, doesn't matter) who are in control of their playing or spending.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu