Ghost of datomir mistake

Replies

• Name one event where that has ever happened. The crystals are for a “refresh”. You cannot by definition refresh something you have never even done.

Klocko wrote: »
    Hey smarty pants, it didn’t say anything about only having 1 attempt left for both tiers. And since when do they ever give you the option to use both attempts on only one tier? And then have to spend 900 crystals to do a tier you didn’t even try? Your post is a little too “dumb ho” if you ask me.
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Once you did either tier, you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but y’all have nobody to blame but yourselves for flying gung ho into something to didn’t look closely enough at.

That option happens quite often actually. Always do the first, then the 2nd. Then see if you have attempts left. @DatBoi is on point here.

All flash events were like this. So was the ewok at-st event the first time it came around. This was not unique, and I even recall the announcement saying it would be like that.

But I do agree that it's KITTENy.
  • TorrentFiend
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    And where did it say that after you do 1 tier twice, you have to pay 900 crystals to do the other tier?

Here’s a hint: No where. Because they have never done this before.
    Hey smarty pants, it didn’t say anything about only having 1 attempt left for both tiers. And since when do they ever give you the option to use both attempts on only one tier? And then have to spend 900 crystals to do a tier you didn’t even try? Your post is a little too “dumb ho” if you ask me.
    Once you did either tier, you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but y’all have nobody to blame but yourselves for flying gung ho into something to didn’t look closely enough at.

Actually, the attempts on both did go down to one after the first tier was done. I noticed this as well.

Shahram1222 Please let the devs decide the fate of this and if it was indeed an event bug that should have locked the first one after a single completion but didn't or if it was working as intended. No one needs flames, if this event was bug free then the devs will respond, if not then they shall decide. You flaming others here is entirely pointless. I'm sure this will get flamed by you but if that's what you choose to do have at it.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Updated the above post to callout that wins are shared. I should also note this will run again on Nov 4, so if you missed a given tier this time you will have an opportunity to get it in a few days time.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Updated the above post to callout that wins are shared. I should also note this will run again on Nov 4, so if you missed a given tier this time you will have an opportunity to get it in a few days time.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    I thought it has a day 2, it’s doesn’t :(

No it is a one day event. Thanks for spreading fake news.

What he's saying is 1) not fake (he's saying there is not a second day to do this event) and 2) this is not news. It's a comment based on an event on a game.
  • Mine won’t complete I’ve killed 10 phase 3 waves, then kill the coffin and they respawn infinitely
  • They should extend this event another 24hrs to let people recover from this mistake... or have a 12hr refresh period instead of 24hrs one on a 1 day event.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I remember that month ago they mentioned about to do the highest tier. So based on that i did bonus tier first. I wanted to do it second time but first I checked rewards. Than I got it what to do next. Tier one and warn my guild not to do mistake with tier one. There should be some info. I hope that CG will do something about this.
  • Anrath wrote: »
    They should extend this event another 24hrs to let people recover from this mistake... or have a 12hr refresh period instead of 24hrs one on a 1 day event.

Couldn't agree more!
  • TorrentFiend
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Natsu5 wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Anrath wrote: »
    They should extend this event another 24hrs to let people recover from this mistake... or have a 12hr refresh period instead of 24hrs one on a 1 day event.
    Anrath wrote: »

Couldn't agree more!

+1, yes this please. Those Zetas are far too valuable to miss this time around. Please let us get this Zeta. My Han needs 2 more Zetas is all. Hans Life matters. Thank You.
    Post edited by TorrentFiend on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Lol i did the same thing.

Pretty stupid really, but not worth getting upset about.

My only concern is that this is the way they're going to release more toons in future. Talzin, don't agree with it, but she's legendary so whatever. These scrub toons however....
  • All trick, no treat
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • I dont whinge much, but i will say this.
    Everyone that did two of one tier, stuffed up. The event notice says to do at least one of each tier.
    If they "fix" (cause it aint bugged) to keep everyone happy. Ill gladly take the 900 worth of crystals since i dont need it "fixed"...
  • Karfax wrote: »
    All trick, no treat

+1
  • You'll get you're one zeta mat in 4 days, chill out. It's not like you could get one today and another one on the 4th.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    You'll get you're one zeta mat in 4 days, chill out. It's not like you could get one today and another one on the 4th.

The missing 4 shards is more annoying
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Name one event where that has ever happened. The crystals are for a “refresh”. You cannot by definition refresh something you have never even done.

Klocko wrote: »

That option happens quite often actually. Always do the first, then the 2nd. Then see if you have attempts left. @DatBoi is on point here.

I believe you've already been answered for me. The (1) on the battle button was your warning that you only had 1 attempt left. Before you battled either tier, it displayed a (2). But for the record, since you asked, the Farmboy Luke flash event was like this. There. Happy now Smarty Pants? I named one.
  • I agree it s misleading in the event. I did tier 1 twice as well. There should be a warning if it is intended to be tat way.
  • How did you guys miss it seriously carefully read everything for events
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm sorry. Y'all are just plain kitten if you did the t1 twice when t2 was available. I just can't fathom the kittenness of doing a lower tier, when a higher one (that usually means better rewards) was available. I'm done with this thread. It reminded me of why I almost never visit the forums anymore. I'm out. Quote me, insult me, whatever. I don't care. I won't be responding.
    Post edited by Klocko on
  • It clearly sais at the start button that you have two (2) goes.

your second clue would have been when you went back for your second go that there was one (1) turn remaining.

special events have done it this way forever now.
    Its hardly @CG_Kozispoon 's fault lol.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    +1million
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I dont whinge much, but i will say this.
    Everyone that did two of one tier, stuffed up. The event notice says to do at least one of each tier.
    If they "fix" (cause it aint bugged) to keep everyone happy. Ill gladly take the 900 worth of crystals since i dont need it "fixed"...

They edited the notice after we told them the behavior.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Yep I messed up too, no big deal though; we only lost out on 4 shards which will be nothing in the long run.

You should be able to still get the zeta and omega mats when the event is back.
  • Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    I agree it s misleading in the event. I did tier 1 twice as well. There should be a warning if it is intended to be tat way.

Yes Why cant they make one of those annoying point here tell us this pop ups happen on events where they trick us and only allow a set number of attempts then lock all of the rest off if we don't choose right? Just add a small pop up telling us how many tries TOTAL we are allowed for all shown difficulties that we have to agree to to proceed so that we at least know instead of getting mad and feeling like the games bugged or tricked us. Is this bugged? or were we simply tricked by the devs. If this is a trick it's an evil dirty trick devs and not cool. Please make this more noticeable and communicate your ever changing event types and expectations of number of attempts more clearly to players so threads like these are not needed because we've been told somehow.
  • Don’t see a problem here. Consider a level 85 player. If the devs allow two tried for each tier, nobody would buy the packs. Allowing two tries over two tiers ensure each maxed level player to unlock the toons but still find the packs alluring.

Now consider a level <80 player. He/she has NO access to bonus tier. With the current system he/she can play tier 1 twice to get shards. If the tries are not shared, they could only play tier 1 once while all older players get to do both tier 1 and 2.
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    By mistake i did twice the 1st tier. Now i must pay 900 crystal to do bonus tier which reward 1 zeta.
    How can i do ?
    Why there was no warning about it ?

Same!!! I am really angry about that. I feel that there should have been a little clearer instructions on how attempts were used. I just missed out on ability mats I really need, and more shards than I got from redoing the first one. 900 is outrageous for a recharge, 200-350 I could understand. I want those ability mats. I opened the app before I saw their post about it since I had already read the event notice when they first mentioned it weeks ago. I feel dumb for having done it, but it's quite vexing because I instinctively max out on events starting at the bottom and working my way up
  • I don't see why anyone would not just do T1 and then T2 in that order. Why would you attempt to do the bonus tier twice when you know full well you wouldn't get Zetas again the second time round?

I did T1, and then T2 - didn't even bother looking at how many attempts I had on each - I just assumed it would be one on each like standard.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Why the heck do I have to keep tagging my guild in this game to warn them of deceitful practices like this one? I woke up went to a mega thread on discord and I see a bunch of folks really mad and not happy with this.

FYI having your recent discussions filled with posts 95% from guilds looking for players is a very bad thing. There is a very good reason so many are looking for players and having a very hard time finding any these days, and it's not because these are new guilds just forming. These are old guilds that have ....
This discussion has been closed.