New Event Farming - Extreme Long Hauls

We have a murder bear, plague witch, zombie, and a ghost all on what seems to be a ridiculously long farm by event only. Events have been announced to be every month. Potentially more, but we have no way of knowing how much more often if at all.
I and others have posted some extreme farm times based on available information. upwards of 25.5 months for MT and murder bear. Much longer for zombie and the ghost.
Even plotting out on guppying and focusing only on MT, I don't see how a reasonable amount of money will get me a 7* mt in less then 9-10 months.
Compared to the current method of farming where similar cash can get me new toons within a month or two of becoming farm-able.
It's slightly concerning becuase the game has been going in a much more farm friendly direction up till now and if this is the new character release style it's not going to work in terms of time or anyones ability to make use of new content. Further, by making it event style - there is no simming - every time it appears, you have to be around, can't be busy on a day, and you have to play the event.
Whether a yes or a no, I'd love to know if it's really the intent of the devs to make farming new toons take this long?
#AcolyteShootsTwice

Replies

• When I first started, many characters were almost entirely "pay only" characters. Aayla, Rex and Maul; to name a few. I feel they're going back to this model.
  • Teague wrote: »
    When I first started, many characters were almost entirely "pay only" characters. Aayla, Rex and Maul; to name a few. I feel they're going back to this model.

I'm with you, I've been playing since the beginning. As I understand - essentially no one used them until they changed the system up.
    My guess is they're trying this with this faction becuase, while highly requested, it's still a very niche/fringe group in the SW universe, only a select few are going to get up in arms over NS and Ewoks. So, I assume this is a test to see how it works before release more mainstream toons the same way. People are going to let it slide, 'because' and by the time someone more important is released the same way there will be precedent.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Well heres the hard knock, you dont have to chase the carrot
    Its only frustrating if u try to climb the inverted face with no gear and bare hands
    To be honest i have enough characters to keep me happy a long time
    If they release one i like and its feasable ill obtain him
    If they release p2p exclusives i will simply look on, in amusement, like many others
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."