AAT v HAAT

How much harder is the HAAT than the normal tank besides the two day time limit? Like health pool differences, speed of enemies, etc?

Replies

• weldon08
    123 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Do a search and you can find all the stats and comparisons, I’m sure someone will post a link. But it’s a lot harder. And a lot faster. Your top squads will do about a third the amount of damage, HAAT specific teams like clones or chirpateen will do slightly better than that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    The weird thing, IIRC, is that the HAAT tank actually has less health. But I assume it effectively has more via more armor/defense/whatever.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Blixon,

I've asked the same question several times. Here's what I can tell you from others in my guild (we are getting rather close to HAAT ready, but have a few heavy hitters who have experience in Heroic)... You will typically do about 25% of the damage to a HAAT with the same team as in the nAAT, meaning if you have a team that puts up 4M damage in p2 nAAT, they will likely be able to run about 1M damage in p2 HAAT. The big exception to this (as I understand it) are the Chirpatine/teebotine teams in P3, on an NAAT it doesn't work as well to really get EP going because the side droids have so much less health.

From what we have been instructed, you should not consider a team to really be HAAT ready unless it is all gear 10 or higher with the proper mods.

While the tank and the bosses may have less health, I believe all the turrent and extra droids have more health, and higher damage and speed. So in p2 and p4 the tank is harder to topple.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What MK61 said. The first time we tried HAAT was a reality check. Side turrets have 232 speed and a lot more health. People who did 8-10mil with rebels in p4 could barely get a single topple.

G9/10 doesn't really cut it. Everyone needs to be g10/11 and modded very well. Certain HAAT-specific teams can do ok at lower gears. But you're not going to throw in a trash squad of random leftover toons and get a cheap 1-2mil like you could in NAAT.
  • jump from AAT to HAAT is huge, much bigger than from T6 pit to Hpit :open_mouth:

we have now done our 2nd HAAT attempt. First one we only made it to 50% of P2. Second one we nearly cleared it, 20% left and only ran out of time due to time zone issues (big hitters were asleep by then). We will clear it next week. But to give you context: we clear NAAT very easily, P3 lasts an hour and P2/4 over in 15min...and we had to coordinate carefully with our big hitters to nearly get through the HAAT.

And what was said above rings true - 20-30% of NAAT dmg translates to HAAT if you are modded well.

Gear up your specific teams to min g10, recommended g11...and make sure each guild member focuses on a team that can contribute to P3 plus one other phase.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The weird thing, IIRC, is that the HAAT tank actually has less health. But I assume it effectively has more via more armor/defense/whatever.

On average a squad does about 10% of what it does on aat. If your squad does a million expect 100 thousand. There are tricks/characters strategies that work really well. If your guild hasn't spent the time to build specific haat squads your not ready