No CLS in November - When is CLS coming back posts [MERGED]

Replies

• Yeah it did, manage to 7* him with this event.
  • wedge lead just don't cut it anymore ha
  • Master Yoda says: Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future

B)
  • The Jedi pack is related to GM Yodas Legendary event. But with R2 coming back, it'd sure be nice to have CLS back. I've heard rumors about December, but nothing concrete.
  • Shadeslayer7
    355 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I could see it coming back for the game's anniversary
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    looks like there’s now a thrawn event 11/23 so things can obviously change
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    cby wrote: »
    @cw8 @Darth_cowboy datamined www.swgohevents.com

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1305784/#Comment_1305784

Estimated? Yes. Datamined? Unclear. I would not assume that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    I know there’s no event on the calendar right now, but thrawn wasn’t either last month but his event still happened.

I’m just wondering if we might see the same thing with Luke since R2’s event is about to end. I would love to have a second opportunity to finally get him as he outclasses nearly every toon right now.

It’d also be nice to be able to have him so I can attempt his special mission in TB. I would rather be a benefit my guild and since I didn’t power farmed Old Ben when Luke’s journey was announced, I can’t help in that mission. I feel bad that some members did power farm him while I’m unable to reciprocate that extra currency.
  • I wouldn’t hold my breath. They blue balled us.
  • If you want Luke, farm the team. It's that simple. It doesn't matter when they drop him. I've seen a general consensus about a supposed leak saying he's in the fist week of December, but you should just be ready to nab him as soon as he pops regardless of anything else.
  • I wouldn’t hold my breath. They blue balled us.

Idk I feel like that was the same energy around the forums last month with thrawn, but that ended up happening. It’s been almost 3 months since Luke's event and I think the games anniversary is coming up which would be perfect for his event to reoccur.

I guess im just hoping we get another chance as I stopped everything to bring Ben from 20 shards to the needed 330 shards which I just finally finished. I wouldve much rather been farming other toons from cantina (Finn) but after fighting so many Luke’s, I decided I wanted him so I went all in and I now finally think I’m ready.

G11 r2 (number crunch zetad)
    G9 farmboy
    Rest are G8.

All that gear and energy that could’ve been used for more versatile toons because I know Leia, OB, and farmboy will just be warming the bench after I complete the event. Leia at least has her use in platoons, but I don’t need to gear her for that. R2 is really the old toon out of the 5 that I will be continuing to use constantly and STH does helps a little in TB but, that being said, I’d rather not have to gear them up any more. My r2 should be the huge carry though, basically raising everyone’s gear level by one with his stat boosts.
  • Lumovanis wrote: »
    If you want Luke, farm the team. It's that simple. It doesn't matter when they drop him. I've seen a general consensus about a supposed leak saying he's in the fist week of December, but you should just be ready to nab him as soon as he pops regardless of anything else.

Yeah I should be ready for him, it’s just a waiting game at this point.
  • swgohevents.com says that event will be on December, 5.
    But how truthful is this information?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Lumovanis wrote: »
    If you want Luke, farm the team. It's that simple. It doesn't matter when they drop him. I've seen a general consensus about a supposed leak saying he's in the fist week of December, but you should just be ready to nab him as soon as he pops regardless of anything else.

+1
  • I don't know about you guys but I just spent all of October getting my A New Hope toons ready.
    The fact that CLS is not in the calendar for November really makes me mad!
    Is it not within the legendary cadence for him to appear that month?
    If CG wants to withhold him then fine. But this reveal the calendar one month at a time nonsense has to stop.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Is it not within the legendary cadence for him to appear that month?

What are you basing this on? Legendary characters don't typically return for 4 months and it hasn't been 4 months. That's on top of the fact that CLS isn't actually a legendary. There is no established cadence for the return of a Hero's Journey event.

But, just like Thrawn wasn't on the initial calendar last month, if CLS were to be scheduled for November, it would similarly be a surprise, and wouldn't be on the calendar yet.
  • Legendary toons have almost always been every 6 months. and as he was released July that would look to it being more like January.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    *Adds thread to personal "threads with titles that I hate" list*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SolariJedi wrote: »
    Legendary toons have almost always been every 6 months. and as he was released July that would look to it being more like January.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The longest between the first and second run of legendary events has been four months.

To the OP - the second running of legendary events have never been shown on the event calendar in advance. I don't think CLS is technically a legendary but I still wouldn't expect it to show on the event calendar in advance.
  • They can't really induce a panic farm if they warn you first. Whenever CLS comes back, you can be sure it will be a surprise.
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    All we know is that we know nothing. A lot of that.
  • All I hope is that R2 gets one more run before CLS
  • So are your toons ready? If they are, move on to something else. He’ll be back when he’ll be back.

If they revealed the calendar ahead of time, no one would need to pay for character packs. Or they’d make it so you could only unlock certain toons by paying money.
  • Sigh* Yes, I'll move on to some other squad to farm but it's pretty hard to be competitive as a f2p without CLS.
    Not sure if his event counts as legendary but I'm pretty sure I read in one dev post that the legendary cadence is 6-8 weeks? IDK I could have gotten that all wrong.
    Just wish I knew what to farm next. Pretty sure I'll need ugnaught and corruscant underworld police to unlock lightsaber Rey.
  • Pretty sure I'll need ugnaught and corruscant underworld police to unlock lightsaber Rey.

lol
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Not sure if his event counts as legendary but I'm pretty sure I read in one dev post that the legendary cadence is 6-8 weeks? IDK I could have gotten that all wrong.

It doesn't, and yes, you got that wrong. 6-8 weeks is the timeframe in the cadence for non-legendary characters to go to chromiums/crystal shipments. It's then an additional 6-8 weeks after that for them to become farmable in shops/nodes. Said cadence has nothing to do with legendary events.
  • I'm a little disappointed because I've gotten all my ANH toons ready as well...but on the other hand...my shards going to be overflowing with CLS when the event rolls around again, and I'm really not looking forward to that.
  • Sigh* Yes, I'll move on to some other squad to farm but it's pretty hard to be competitive as a f2p without CLS.
    Just wish I knew what to farm next. Pretty sure I'll need ugnaught and corruscant underworld police to unlock lightsaber Rey.

Phoenix or Scoundrels. Phoenix will unlock Thrawn, have great ships, and get special TB missions. Scoundrels get the Credit and Train Droid Heist events.