Galactic War Idea

With all the content in game now I have found myself not doing Galactic War (GW) every day. This has been going on for a few weeks now and I'm starting to see the negative effects. It's turning into a snowball effect with my enjoyment of the game.

GW is a very important game mode in the game as it's the most consistent place to get credits.

I really enjoy the new shard shop and being able to get gear at a decent exchange rate is fantastic. But one of the best places to get extra shards is from GW.

I have been noticing recently that I'm running out of credits very quickly and I don't have enough shard shop currency to get the gear I need.

It's now obvious to me know that I need to do GW everyday to have the credits and shard shop currency I need. The problem is GW is the most boring aspect of the game for me. I don't have trouble finishing it but 9/12 nodes are simple and can be done on full auto while 3/12 nodes require some time and strategy to beat.

I'm totally fine with the difficulty of GW and I agree that new players should not expect to beat it every day (it took me a loooooong time to be able to beat it when I started).

We need a way to get through it faster though so it's not as much of a time sink each day and we can focus on the newer more fun aspects of the game. I propose that it's setup so that when we enter the GW we see that we are on phase 1/12 and we can just auto through as much as we want. We would still need the ability to change up our teams during the battle if we wanted too. If we get to wave 6/12 with one team then we can retreat and change up our team if we want and then go back into wave 6 and continue. This would make the GW much faster and streamline the game mode. Keep the prizes and difficulty the same just help us to get through it quicker.

There has been some really good game content coming out lately that's for sure. But the community has been asking for another round of Quality of Life improvements for a long time now and there are some really important ones that are needed with GW being at that top for me.

I know we are coming up on a big time of year for star wars fans with the new movie coming out and I'm sure there will be a lot of new game content around that. Please Please Please don't put off the Quality of Life improvements any longer. More game content without streamlining the old content is truly going to hurt this game and drive your 2+ year players away.

Replies

• Serya wrote: »
    With all the content in game now I have found myself not doing Galactic War (GW) every day. This has been going on for a few weeks now and I'm starting to see the negative effects. It's turning into a snowball effect with my enjoyment of the game.

GW is a very important game mode in the game as it's the most consistent place to get credits.

I really enjoy the new shard shop and being able to get gear at a decent exchange rate is fantastic. But one of the best places to get extra shards is from GW.

I have been noticing recently that I'm running out of credits very quickly and I don't have enough shard shop currency to get the gear I need.

It's now obvious to me know that I need to do GW everyday to have the credits and shard shop currency I need. The problem is GW is the most boring aspect of the game for me. I don't have trouble finishing it but 9/12 nodes are simple and can be done on full auto while 3/12 nodes require some time and strategy to beat.

I'm totally fine with the difficulty of GW and I agree that new players should not expect to beat it every day (it took me a loooooong time to be able to beat it when I started).

We need a way to get through it faster though so it's not as much of a time sink each day and we can focus on the newer more fun aspects of the game. I propose that it's setup so that when we enter the GW we see that we are on phase 1/12 and we can just auto through as much as we want. We would still need the ability to change up our teams during the battle if we wanted too. If we get to wave 6/12 with one team then we can retreat and change up our team if we want and then go back into wave 6 and continue. This would make the GW much faster and streamline the game mode. Keep the prizes and difficulty the same just help us to get through it quicker.

There has been some really good game content coming out lately that's for sure. But the community has been asking for another round of Quality of Life improvements for a long time now and there are some really important ones that are needed with GW being at that top for me.

I know we are coming up on a big time of year for star wars fans with the new movie coming out and I'm sure there will be a lot of new game content around that. Please Please Please don't put off the Quality of Life improvements any longer. More game content without streamlining the old content is truly going to hurt this game and drive your 2+ year players away.
    U can auto it now I think u mean sim. So your idea to make it better is to not play it. Here is a better solution on the easy nodes try using a less formidable team it ramps up the difficulty and u get it o try different team combinations. Start at the bottom w your characters. I think a lot of the problems people have w gw is that they can't bowl right thru it and just want to get the reward and get it over with.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    what you're proposing is only saving you the time it takes to exit and enter the next node. Not sure how much of a difference that will make as far as reducing the timesink.
    Also, this change only benefits players with great rosters. The players who are actually struggling with GW don't benefit at all, but for those players GW is much more of a time sink than for players like yourself (assuming you can play gw from start to finish in 15min or less).
    Your sollution to the timesink problem doesn't have a negative effect for me personally, eventhough i find GW to be the most fun mode ingame. So it's fine by me, i just don't think it solves anything really. No offence.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I have near the opposite issue with this game. There are things that just waste time, sure. Auto-bronzium opening would be a good idea as that is just tedious, they gave auto for the challenges.

I often finish the daily stuff in half an hour or so of reset. Due to nature of game there is then little to do for 24 hours unless in raid or something. Couple of attacks every couple of hours but they take little time. It is not a game you can just play all the time, most of it there is nothing to do. I would prefer something more time consuming but maybe smaller rewards each time to offset but could login and always have something useful to do.

Oh well, different strokes I suppose.....
  • I feel the same ways as the OP! It's been a while since I really enjoyed playing GW. Now I force myself to play because of the shortage of resources (mostly ship credits), and it's just not fun anymore.

I thought about what can be done, and remembered some games where you can send your troops and it shows the "success rate" of the battle. So, if you send them with a success rate that you don't like, for exemple 50%, you could go to the battle yourself and try your way to beat this. This ways it's not a GW sim ticket, you actually have to think a bit about your strategy (because even in a 100% success rate your team could get hurt a bit, and the success would decline), but you could just send your squads and don't waste as much time as you do now.

I mean, it's actually similar to what we have today, since you can enter and "auto" the battle with almost the same results, but this way you can skip the time it takes to win the battle and the "retreat and try again over and over until good rng". It would be more dynamic for those without time, and even for those that only want to test some squads against a certain composition, but are tired of the same full G12 GK zarris comp everyday.
  • Banished to the feedback section..... No other comments since the post was moved..... To bad