Nightsister Acolyte + Zombie

Prev1
Do you think this will be a viable duo in any team just to run the clock out? Maybe a Thrawn Kenobi and CLS luke for offense and then nightsisters to run the time out on defense

Replies

• Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Absolutely. I have had battles where it was down to those 2 and they couldn't do anything to me.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/https://youtu.be/PX7Gq2fZaZs
  • Options
    Hopefully this was unintended and unforeseen and gets resolved quickly. I can't imagine the developers would want squad arena to end up as an endless copy of Talzin / Acolyte / Zombie teams that nobody can get through.

@Kyno Anyway you can change this to the Bugs sub-forum? :-)
  • Options
    Nuriela wrote: »
    Absolutely. I have had battles where it was down to those 2 and they couldn't do anything to me.

Is that a zeta ventress?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @cannon_fodder

All bugs and issues need to be posted here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

I can't move them there.
  • Options

Is that a zeta ventress?

Dual zeta.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hopefully this was unintended and unforeseen and gets resolved quickly. I can't imagine the developers would want squad arena to end up as an endless copy of Talzin / Acolyte / Zombie teams that nobody can get through.

That duo is easy to get through. You just need either heavy AOE damage or an AOE dispel. If you have one of those then that trio will be easy for you. This is how the game should be IMO. Certain squads should do great against certain teams but have weaknesses against others. Come prepared or pay the price.
  • Options

This is sarcasm I hope? This team will be terrible on D since any dispeller / AOE character inserted in the lineup will rip it to shreds. The tactic is a nice trick and makes for some sweet videos, but this won't be some broken mechanic people can't get around. I think it was intended and a clever little creation by the devs. There are multiple ways to counter it with ease though.
  • Options

This is sarcasm I hope? This team will be terrible on D since any dispeller / AOE character inserted in the lineup will rip it to shreds. The tactic is a nice trick and makes for some sweet videos, but this won't be some broken mechanic people can't get around. I think it was intended and a clever little creation by the devs. There are multiple ways to counter it with ease though.

For once it’s acrually great design. Current meta teams are going to have trouble with this, because they have no way to get Acolyte out of stealth. It’s not as simple as “any dispeller/AOE character inserted into the lineup”. You need either and AOE dispel, which there aren’t many of, or HEAVY AOE damage. Acolyte heals herself on a critical hit, so you can’t just slowly chip away with AOE damage.

This means people have to use different teams to beat NS, which will shake up arena variety. This is absolutely what we need more of. Now let’s hope this new flood of characters with the new movie adds to this concept and doesn’t ruin it all with a new meta group that can beat everyone
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

For once it’s acrually great design. Current meta teams are going to have trouble with this, because they have no way to get Acolyte out of stealth. It’s not as simple as “any dispeller/AOE character inserted into the lineup”. You need either and AOE dispel, which there aren’t many of, or HEAVY AOE damage. Acolyte heals herself on a critical hit, so you can’t just slowly chip away with AOE damage.

This means people have to use different teams to beat NS, which will shake up arena variety. This is absolutely what we need more of. Now let’s hope this new flood of characters with the new movie adds to this concept and doesn’t ruin it all with a new meta group that can beat everyone

The simple Luke L, zolo, thrawn, ben, gk squad can beat this. No need to switch anything up for it.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

The simple Luke L, zolo, thrawn, ben, gk squad can beat this. No need to switch anything up for it.

How are you killing Acolyte with that group? Hoping she has a gap in her stealth?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

How are you killing Acolyte with that group? Hoping she has a gap in her stealth?

R2 burn and his aoe will eventually kill her if you just run it on auto. However she is likely to have gaps in her stealth.
  • Options

R2 burn and his aoe will eventually kill her if you just run it on auto. However she is likely to have gaps in her stealth.

Well, First off R2 wasn’t included on that team. Second, she heals 20% every time she gets a critical hit, so R2s burn won’t be near enough. And then once she is stealthed, there is only a 9% chance she won’t restealth herself for 2 turns on each basic attack. That’s less than a 1% chance to come out of stealth every 2 turns when stringing basics together. You are basically counting on that 9% chance of falling out of stealth every 3rd turn after she uses a special. Oh, and that zombies taunt isn’t up at that point and her TM gain on her special doesn’t swing her turn back around before you kill her. All this time plague is spreading like crazy, because only Luke can heal himself on that squad.

So yes, going up against an Acolyte NS squad with that group (with or without R2 subbed in) wouldn’t be the wisest choice if you have other options.
  • Options

R2 can not defeat her while stealthed. She heals 20% health every time she crits. If R2 was all you needed, you either got lucky and she dropped out of stealth, or you ran into an extremely weak Acolyte. Mine has 25k health, R2 can't touch her, as long as she'll stay in stealth.
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

R2's burn is a joke for damage, it doesnt even kill my 3* zombie, how the heck do you think you are killing NSA?? Even with a debuff character you not going to kill her easily as mine has an untouched 221 speed, she will be back in stealth before you get to her. Yes they are beatable however, all of these this is all you need to kill NS is this is kittens, unless you have gone against me or the other handful of people who have always run NS you are fighting cheap imitations. Go against my GL 12 NS and tell me they are easy to beat. Lol. People seriously think because they are beating gl 9 NS that they know what it takes to beat them. Too funny.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

R2's burn is a joke for damage, it doesnt even kill my 3* zombie, how the heck do you think you are killing NSA?? Even with a debuff character you not going to kill her easily as mine has an untouched 221 speed, she will be back in stealth before you get to her. Yes they are beatable however, all of these this is all you need to kill NS is this is kittens, unless you have gone against me or the other handful of people who have always run NS you are fighting cheap imitations. Go against my GL 12 NS and tell me they are easy to beat. Lol. People seriously think because they are beating gl 9 NS that they know what it takes to beat them. Too funny.

There are definitely ways to beat them with the popular (Luke, Han, R2, Thrawn, Kenobi) team. It takes some real thought and maybe even some luck tho.

I completely agree that R2 is no threat whatsoever to NS tho.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    All you need is chaze and there both toast
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Is that R2 instead of Ventress? O.o
    Why tho..........
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Idk, nightsisters are a new thing. I think people are testing comps.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I guess in theory, a fast R2 makes Acolyte stealth a more sure thing. I did once loose a fight because Acolyte just wouldn't stealth 3 turns in a row. That can be frustrating.

But Ventress gains stacking offense every time someone dies, counting resurrection assists. By the end of the battle, she's usually hitting for 40+ thousand per hit. There's really no reason to not use her.

Thanks for the video however. It's nice to see something similar to my team on defense.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Not a terrible team for getting into the top 100. But without a zeta Talzin lead, I'm inclined to agree. Not top 20 capable.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I'm sitting at rank 5 with my NS. Trust me, Talzin is the key to everything.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

March 2016 arena server. My rank:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/teague/
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Exactly, Nov 25th 2015 server.
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Lol yup in 1 fight go look at my other videos tardo cls, thrawn r2 d2, GK teams all the way.
  • Sirk_Sanoj
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Makes one really want to reply to the post as well.......

Nightsisters are fun to play and with Mother can demolish any other team.
    They also get murdered on defense equally by any other team.

Play with what you like
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    This thread went to ludicrous speed! :)

CLS teams certainly aren't "old" meta - I stopped using mine in favor of an EP lead and I'm actually holding better..but they're incredibly deadly still. A quick insertion of Baze in stead of GK or Thrawn for example and the NA / Zombie deal is done.

I do believe Ventress zeta lead is elite though and for arena is probably the best NS lead. Just put a zeta on MamaT and almost certainly my next will go toward Vent's zeta leader. It's Darth Vader's lead but ... with +30 speed and the NSs are pretty fast naturally. Sounds potent
  • Options

CLS teams certainly aren't "old" meta - I stopped using mine in favor of an EP lead and I'm actually holding better..but they're incredibly deadly still. A quick insertion of Baze in stead of GK or Thrawn for example and the NA / Zombie deal is done.

I do believe Ventress zeta lead is elite though and for arena is probably the best NS lead. Just put a zeta on MamaT and almost certainly my next will go toward Vent's zeta leader. It's Darth Vader's lead but ... with +30 speed and the NSs are pretty fast naturally. Sounds potent

Why do you feel Ventress is better?
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

Why do you feel Ventress is better?

I really wish I could test this. I’ve suspected from the start Ventress is better but I just don’t know. Zombie is more of a pain under a Ventress leab because she will become super fast with the TM gain. Talzins plague will be harder to heal because she will do more damage that I ignores protection. Talia could be a beast with that TM gain, because both her specials will trigger 50% TM gain even if she has protection, and her heal on basic will bring her right back to full health. I really, really like her lead.
This discussion has been closed.