Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Prev13456763
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited November 2017
xex5pkhf29s9.png

Earlier this year, Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes introduced the very first Hero’s Journey event, featuring Luke Skywalker as he first appeared on Tatooine in Star Wars™: A New Hope. Players could experience iconic events from the film and eventually unlock the next evolution of his character, Commander Luke Skywalker.

It wasn’t a long time ago that we were introduced to Rey in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens. On the desert planet of Jakku, a series of events set into motion a journey that would change her life forever.

Coming soon to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, you’ll be able to live Rey’s adventures through the Hero’s Journey special event. Experience some of her most thrilling moments as she progresses from a humble scavenger to making new allies to finding the legendary Luke Skywalker. Complete the event to unlock the next evolution of Rey and add her to your collection.

To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players on Android that are looking to unlock or upgrade Rey (Scavenger) can do so now by purchasing Google Play gift cards available at retail locations around the world online HERE. Each Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes account can redeem this offer up to three times.

4q69rn234k0v.png

We look forward to seeing you on the Holotable!

<<Blog Post>>
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    Or do you need to go to the store and buy them?
  • Options
    Sounds... BANANAS!
  • Options
    Will we need ONLY scavenger rey?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

• Options

My guess is no, says we're gonna relive her journey so we'll most likely need all of resistance and the vets
  • Options

Lol.
  • Options
    I have Kylo ren, Rey, Finn, Poe and R2 all at 7 stars.... If we need veteran han and chewie, **** me...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Initially, yes (a la luke events), but eventually we will likely need a very specific team
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
    some clarification would be great so we aren't panic farming to badly :)
  • Options

This bunch isn’t known for their precision when it comes to info, but the word “only” isn’t there, so it’s not safe to assume yet that you won’t also need others...
  • Options
    Best to start asking now exactly what toons are needed.
  • Options
    It will be like Luke.

First her , then BB8 , and then the rest of the resistance crew.

Just wait until you need old man Han and Chewie
  • Options

Funny joke.

Finn, BB8, veteran smuggler chewie/Han and scavenger rey
  • Options
    I wish @CG_Kozispoon could have posted a bit more info if she will be 7* unlock only as well and what other toons we will need. By the sounds of it, a TLJ Luke will be made soon? Hermit Luke I guess...

I know she can only post what the Mouse/CG allows her, but itd have been nice to give us a bit more detail.

But i guess at least they gave us a month+ notice and I did enjoy Lukes a lot.

~D
  • Options
    Does this mean the google play promotion is now available internationally??
  • Options
    No mention of the two veterans but I'd be surprised if they weren't part of "... some of her most thrilling moments...".
    Let's hope they're not needed at 7 stars (which would be even more surprising as it is a "Hero’s Journey").
  • Options

Funny joke.

It's what that says, explicitly. But we know CG by now. Best to ask now and often until we get an answer.
  • Options
    Arotarius wrote: »
    It will be like Luke.

First her , then BB8 , and then the rest of the resistance crew.

Just wait until you need old man Han and Chewie

would make sense with the fact that FOTP is the login character
  • Options
    Unless they do crazy double drops on FO no way I'll have bb8 ready. Not that it matters as vet han/chewie will probably be needed and even if they made them farmable tomorrow I couldn't get them to 7* that fast
  • Options
    Pardon me whilst I go throw up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Funny joke.

Welp I guess i better throw my chances of getting her out the window
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

We haven't even seen her abilities yet. Probably a speed of 300 with an annihilate on her basic
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Funny joke.

On the plus side, I'd bet everyone's chances will be pretty slim.

My guess is that they will take the worst of the Thrawn event (i.e. requiring Phoenix, who was only farmable just prior to the start of the event) - old man Han/Chewie, in this case - and combine it with the worst part of the CLS event (i.e. look at the data to see which character that can even remotely be linked to the story line is 7* the least) ala Old Ben and combine those two to come up with the requirements for Rey: Hero's Journey. They probably are banking on being able to cash in (quite literally) on the movie hype.

This won't hurt a bit - just like the dentist says before a root canal. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I’m terrified that we’re going to need old Han and Chewie. If they’re not easily farmable a la cantina node or the GW/arena store, it’s going to suck.
  • Options

Funny joke.

My guess is that they will take the worst of the Thrawn event (i.e. requiring Phoenix, who was only farmable just prior to the start of the event) - old man Han/Chewie, in this case - and combine it with the worst part of the CLS event (i.e. look at the data to see which character that can even remotely be linked to the story line is 7* the least) ala Old Ben and combine those two to come up with the requirements for Rey: Hero's Journey. They probably are banking on being able to cash in (quite literally) on the movie hype.

I have a small sliver of hope that just maybe we wont need the veterans but come on, theres no money in that!
  • Options

Funny joke.

lol obi-wan was kind of a massive part of luke's hero journey...
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I did read it over a few times and seems pretty clear you only need Rey (Scavenger) to unlock the "next evolution of Rey".

If this is not true can someone for EA/CG please just post something like "more characters may be required to get a 7 start version".

I'm really looking forward to this event but please be more clear on your communication. This game is all about planning and you are not making this easy for us.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Serya wrote: »
    I did read it over a few times and seems pretty clear you only need Rey (Scavenger) to unlock the "next evolution of Rey".

If this is not true can someone for EA/CG please just post something like "more characters may be required to get a 7 start version".

I'm really looking forward to this event but please be more clear on your communication. This game is all about planning and you are not making this easy for us.

Remember that Luke’s journey started with just farmboy luke. It wasnt until later when we needed other toons
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »

As was already mentioned, it never said only, so I'm not hopeful thats the case
  • Options

We haven't even seen her abilities yet. Probably a speed of 300 with an annihilate on her basic

Meh, even CUP is better than that :v
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
This discussion has been closed.