Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• She thought the falcon was junk and only took it after her first choice was destroyed, watch the escape again
  • But then she learned a valuable lesson about judging a book by its cover. Thanks, Falcon!
  • I am more and more convinced that we will to have the falcon unlocked. Something like in the 3rd phase of the event to leave Jakku. Not 7* though, and this will be where it differs from CLS. Have the ship popping up in the shop like this is certainly a hint.

But I can be mistaken of course
  • Falcon was made f2p and then just went to shipments same time the Vetren brothers went f2p. If I were one to take hints based on speculation I would assume it's required just as much Id assume the Vetren brothers are required. If I was going to drop 30k crystals on the game to be ready for something, I'd make **** sure I was ready.

Yeah man, as soon as I saw that I chucked a few crystals at the falcon in the store. I've also refreshed the node a few times today for the double drops (didn't go well sadly) and will do again tomorrow.

Not only did the Falcon drop at the same time as the Vets, but I remembered this line from the Hero Rey post...

Coming soon to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, you’ll be able to live Rey’s adventures through the Hero’s Journey special event. Experience some of her most thrilling moments as she progresses from a humble scavenger to making new allies to finding the legendary Luke Skywalker

One of her most thrilling moments from the movie easily = when she and Finn took the Falcon for a joy ride through a bust up Star Destroyer & took out a few Tie Fighters while there were at it.

To get both Vets AND the Falcon is definitely going to require me to spend some more money. It's a bit of a gamble, it still might not end up being required, but I'd hate to have already spent this amount of money to then NOT get Rey. At the same time I would hate to have spent even more money on the Falcon only not to require it.

Could REALLY do with confirmation on what is required ASAP but I can't see them doing that, they can just sit back now and laugh at panic farmers like me, as the rest of you can. Laugh away people, laugh away :)

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Heh, ok. I can see the idea of her finally leaving Jakku as significant as she fears leaving as missing the return of “family” or whatever left her, but not books or covers. Have The Falcon opened, if needed at 7*, meh, I’ll wait.

Edit for using letters for MFalcon was redacted
  • HardPill2Swallow
    108 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    People should realize by now to farm as soon and I mean as "soon" as something is made avaible to farm. I'm 77/80 on the falcon so needing that for the event isn't gonna be a problem for me. The very same day the falcon was put on a hard node I started farming it. never skipping a single day.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    People should realize by now to farm as soon and I mean as "soon" as something is made avaible to farm. I'm 77/80 on the falcon so needing that for the event isn't gonna be a problem for me. The very same day the falcon was put on a hard node I started farming it. never skipping a single day.

Me too and I unlocked the Falcon late last night. But it is not 7* if it is required and required at 7* - I'm done - no new Rey for me.

I have been farming the Vets when I can up to today and wasted 4000 worth of crystals on refreshes etc. for today's double drops only to get about 16 shards each. So I have them now at 4*, but again, if they are required at 7* - I'm done - no new Rey for me again.

I may have to face the fact (and probably many other players have to as well) that they are gonna not get Rey 1st time around.

EA/CG should face the fact that how much they would **** off the playerbase if this is the case and re-look at how they are releasing things (like the dreaded 1st Thrawn event with Phoenix panic farming).

Of course this is all just speculation until we finally get the sought after confirmation details of the event requirements. Fingers crossed for a miracle (it is the getting to the time of year for one anyways)
  • Lets say I have 33days can I 7*
    These toons? Maths hurt my head

Kylo 4* 165/65 shards needed 85

Finn locked 49/80 shards needed 281

Vets 4* 30/65 shards needed 220
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    You still need bb8 so if you don’t have 5 7*Star first order then you won’t get it the first time around
  • If there’s even time to farm the vets which it doesn’t look like even with 5 refreshes a day
  • There’s always next time...
  • If all of them were available in different areas of the game. All from cantina? Don't see it happening.

That's over 800 shards in 33 days. That's roughly 25 shards per day at a drop rate of 33%. 75 goes a day, even if it works out to 14 energy per go you'll need over 1000 cantina energy a day and that's IF you get the average drop rate.

*maths was not exact, but I would say even with 5 refreshes the answer is no.

• Kylo Ren shows up in Guild shipments now. I heard someone say Finn shows up there, too, but I don't think I've seen him yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I gotta top off Kylo and Finn (about 80 shards total, hopefully all from guild shop) and Vets are almost 5* from double drops, doing 5 refreshes a day and I still don't think I'll make it without money, and I've been strictly FTP up to this point. Had 6k crystals saved up and get about 600-700 a day free
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Kylo Ren shows up in Guild shipments now. I heard someone say Finn shows up there, too, but I don't think I've seen him yet.

He's there. Bought 15 of his shards from there already. Kylo and Finn are both in the guild store now. Maybe refresh there for Kylo/Finn and do VSs in CBs?
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    There’s always next time...

But I want it NOW!!!! /sarcasm :wink:
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    If Jedi Rey Kenobi is a game changer it will be the end of the world if you don't have her at first release.

I can't imagine not having CLS all this time since he had been introduced. Everyone in my shard arena that doesn't have him is an easy target, and I can tell they are trying to compensate by using GK/Zbarris or Rex concoction. And, ff you don't have him for Territory Battles you're kinda baggage.

Good luck.
  • So Kylo is needed now? People have been saying Scavenger Rey, Finn, BB, and vet Han and Chewie.

Now Kylo too?
  • Is it confirmed that the line-up you reference is the one to unlock Rey?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Presaria wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that the line-up you reference is the one to unlock Rey?

There is no official confirmation of any character but scavenger Rey. But it’s very likely that her event will mirror Luke’s, which makes it pretty obvious which characters will be needed based on who she interacted with in Force Awakens.

I am expecting Scavenger Rey, BB-8, Finn, Veteran Han Solo, and Veteran Chewbacca.

Not Kylo, because he’s a villain. You will probably have to fight Kylo, not have him on your team.
  • I can see why people would be upset about the Falcon being a requirement along with the veterans. Like others, I’ve been farming the Falcon since it appeared and I was able to unlock it without spending any money. If it needs to be 7*, I’m out of luck.
  • Kind of a bummer because I’m level 77 and can’t access the cantina level yet to get the vets. While most of the shard is around my level, there are several 85s who would get even farther ahead
  • So Kylo is needed now? People have been saying Scavenger Rey, Finn, BB, and vet Han and Chewie.

Now Kylo too?

You need kylo to get BB8
  • You need Kylo to get bb8. Unless you somehow 7starred Matt or the FOSFTFPLGBQTAA.
  • Lets say I have 33days can I 7*
    These toons? Maths hurt my head

Kylo 4* 165/65 shards needed 85

Finn locked 49/80 shards needed 281

Vets 4* 30/65 shards needed 220

Kylo, Finn, and vets?
    I'm just trying to get vets to 7* and I'm worried.
    I wish u the best of luck.
    You are going to need it.
  • So has it been confirmed when the event is coming?
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Yeah you can't farm everything they drop simultaneously. How do you get anywhere if you keep dropping your current farm and go for the newest thing?

As far as the Falcon goes, it didn't belong to Rey and Finn. So who's to say if it is part of the event it has to belong to us? It could be an event unit requiring Rey and Finn.
  • You need Kylo to get bb8. Unless you somehow 7starred Matt or the FOSFTFPLGBQTAA.

Hahahahahaha

No offense towards the rest of the abbreviations. I just think the name of the new FO toon is ridiculous. Should have just called him special forces tie pilot and left him with a FO tag.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Having looked at the CLS event again; I think we will NOT need both Vets at 7* (just Chewie) but WILL need the Falcon unlocked.

CLS event was 5 tiers (3*-7* requirements), with a 6* Old Ben needed for the 4th Phase.

If you transfer this to Rey's journey, and have it as 5 tiers (3*-7* requirements); the event should go like this:

Prelude (Flash Events)
    Rey - scavenging on Jakku

P1 (3*)
    Rey, Finn, Bb8 - Jakku

P2 (4*)
    Millennium Falcon (escape from Jakku)

P3 (5*)
    Rey, Finn, Bb8, Vet Han, Vet Chewie (Maz's Castle)

P4 (6*)
    Vet Han Solo (Starkiller Base v Kylo)

P5 (7*)
    Rey, Finn, Vet Chewie, Bb8 (Starkiller Base Vs unmasked Kylo)
    Or
    Rey & Finn (Starkiller Base Vs Unmasked Kylo)
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Having looked at the CLS event again; I think we will NOT need both Vets at 7* (just Chewie) but WILL need the Falcon unlocked.

CLS event was 5 tiers (3*-7* requirements), with a 6* Old Ben needed for the 4th Phase.

If you transfer this to Rey's journey, and have it as 5 tiers (3*-7* requirements); the event should go like this:

Prelude (Flash Events)
    Rey - scavenging on Jakku

P1 (3*)
    Rey, Finn, Bb8 - Jakku

P2 (4*)
    Millennium Falcon (escape from Jakku)

P3 (5*)
    Rey, Finn, Bb8, Vet Han, Vet Chewie (Maz's Castle)

P4 (6*)
    Vet Han Solo (Starkiller Base v Kylo)

P5 (7*)
    Rey, Finn, Vet Chewie, Bb8 (Starkiller Base Vs unmasked Kylo)
    Or
    Rey & Finn (Starkiller Base Vs Unmasked Kylo)

No the tier before last required a 7* Old Ben. Every single toon required for the CLS event was required at 7*.
This discussion has been closed.