Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    She’s free. People who pay will get her early—hopefully a few of us that have been trying to prepare in asvance, too—but we’ll get her free the second time around 100%.

So by your logic there is no p2p character that has ever been in this game? because eventually they are all free?

Flawed logic my friend. It is exactly this way of thinking is what EA wants so people are fooled into buying these packs.

Just accept this new Rey for now is p2p and get her next time f2p. Its that simple. - which is what you kind of ended up saying in the end.
    Timewall isnt a paywall.

That’s a remarkably succinct and perfect way to say it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    DBane wrote: »
    drago6 wrote: »
    u got 3 weeks max to farm vet Han, vet chewy, and Finn. (bb8 event will be back again prior to rays journey since he will be needed) maybe Poe dameron will be needed as well. lukes hero's journey gave us around 2 weeks to farm the required toons. which they received back lash from it. so now u get 3 weeks. LET THE PANIC FARMING BEGIN

For CLS we knew the full requirements 2 weeks before they dropped the event. Currently its 2,5 weeks until Dec 15th and if they do as announced the event will run in parallel with the movie.

Until now there is now official statement that vets + BB + Finn would be needed for her, so your point with 3 weeks is unfortunately not valid. It will most probably be the same like for CLS meaning that we have 2 weeks of preparation
    Haha you know it’s bad when people are flipping out about BB8 and we have no other info. Just because we all just assume the worst.

Honestly I assume that the outrage of CLS-Event requiring old ben and R2 was nothing compared to what we will face if BB8 and Vets will be needed. Even the nesissity of BB8 alone won't be equal to CLS needing Old ben and R2
  • Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    They have said that all you need to "participate" is Scavenger Rey. So more than likely BB8 will not be in tier 1. He'll probably be introduced in tier 2.
    That’s a really good point! Makes a lot of sense x
  • Options
    u got 3 weeks max to farm vet Han, vet chewy, and Finn. (bb8 event will be back again prior to rays journey since he will be needed) maybe Poe dameron will be needed as well. lukes hero's journey gave us around 2 weeks to farm the required toons. which they received back lash from it. so now u get 3 weeks. LET THE PANIC FARMING BEGIN

For CLS we knew the full requirements 2 weeks before they dropped the event. Currently its 2,5 weeks until Dec 15th and if they do as announced the event will run in parallel with the movie.

Until now there is now official statement that vets + BB + Finn would be needed for her, so your point with 3 weeks is unfortunately not valid. It will most probably be the same like for CLS meaning that we have 2 weeks of preparation
    Haha you know it’s bad when people are flipping out about BB8 and we have no other info. Just because we all just assume the worst.

Honestly I assume that the outrage of CLS-Event requiring old ben and R2 was nothing compared to what we will face if BB8 and Vets will be needed. Even the nesissity of BB8 alone won't be equal to CLS needing Old ben and R2

Here here.

giphy.gif
    Its what we do.

And complain. ‘‘‘Tis our right!
  • Options
    For everyone saying 7 star veteran Han you clearly aren't thinking about it. He dies before the fight with kylo so they won't use him or they will use someone else. Or they will and he won't be needed at 7 star
  • Options
    How many threads are we going to have on this speculation?

• Options
    Phase 1: 4* Rey vs scrappers, Jakku
    Phase 2: 5* Rey, BB8, Finn vs FO, Jakku
    Phase 3: 6* Rey, BB8, Finn, vet Han, vet chewie vs FO at Maz's
    Phase 4: 7* vet Han and chewie vs Kylo, interior starkiller base
    Phase 5: 7* Finn and Rey vs unmasked Kylo exterior starkiller base
    Phase 6: 7* BB8 vs R2D2, resistance base, bb8 has to survive to get illuminated destiny
  • Options

giphy.gif
  • Options

giphy.gif

+10
  • Options
    For everyone saying 7 star veteran Han you clearly aren't thinking about it. He dies before the fight with kylo so they won't use him or they will use someone else. Or they will and he won't be needed at 7 star

Tell that to people who only got old Ben to 6*
  • Options

Did you do Lukes event?
  • Options
    The Falcon was present for Luke's entire movie journey. The falcon was present in at least one stage of Luke's journey in-game. Yet, it was not required. In fact, no ship has ever been required to unlock any toon in Galaxy of Heroes. Can we please move on from the assumption that the Falcon will be required to unlock the next Rey.

The devs keep doing new things we thought wasn’t possible over and over
  • Options
    If the new Rey is not a Rebel, she won't be as important as CLS

Unless of course she has no leader ability but her uniques are mega resistance boosts. In which case, rebel who?
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Excited about my progress.

zklovc.jpg

Nice... are they useful? (Serious question) if so, where?

Tb! And I hear they are really just missing a good leader for them.

Yeah, too bad they don't have their resistance tags yet ;)

Edit: @Skywopper, Har!

I honestly don’t see them working well with Finn and I don’t think light saber rey will either. I think the best res comp is zinn poe rt ro and BB8.

resistance need stealth (R2)

No... just no.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options

Or you could say that her seeing Kylo kill Han gave her that little push to fight harder and that means he will be needed
  • Options
    I highly doubt MFe8 is gonna be needed. Where do they work in having a ship into this? The falcon is part of luke's journey too but it was nowhere in the event.
  • Options
    The Falcon has a big neon sign pointing at it. They have been dropping hints for ages:
    - They made it farmable early enough.
    - They confirmed Rey will be a requirement. Guess what drops on one of Rey's nodes? Exactly, the Falcon.
    - One of November's daily login rewards is a ship, for the first time. Message here is "you'll need a ship for the first time soon enough". That's the Falcon.
    - After people in the forum expressed concerns or doubts about getting it in time, they've suddenly added the Falcon to shipments. What a coincidence!
    Don't farm it if you don't want to, but don't complain when the event starts. I haven't farmed it because I'm farming other stuff on hard nodes, and because I won't have the veteran smugglers anyway, and I'm in no hurry to get her on the first appearance of the event. But I know I'll have to farm it at some point.
  • Options

1700 23000 856 4567 of them
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Or you could say that her seeing Kylo kill Han gave her that little push to fight harder and that means he will be needed

But what’s the battle? Do you use your Han to fight Kylo Ren? Do you lose if you do damage? They didn’t fight in the movie—Ren just killed him.
  • Options

1700 23000 856 4567 of them

Never tell me the odds!
  • Options
    I highly doubt MFe8 is gonna be needed. Where do they work in having a ship into this? The falcon is part of luke's journey too but it was nowhere in the event.

The Episode IV Falcon is not in the game.
  • Options
    I think it would look more like this:
    Tier I
    Requirements (3-star):
    Rey
    BB-8

Fight Pirates on Jakku
    Tier II
    Requirements (4-star):
    Rey
    BB-8
    Finn

Fight First Order troops on Jakku
    Tier III
    Requirements (5-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca
    BB-8

Fight Smugglers and Rathtars on Han’s Freighter
    Tier IV
    Requirements (6-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca

Fight First Order at Maz’s Castle
    Tier V
    Requirements (7-star)
    Finn
    Rey

Fight Kylo Ren in phase one and Kylo Unmasked in phase two

Tier V would be the part when Kylo's kills Han. Then, Tier VI would be Finn and Rey fighting Kylo.
  • Options

But what’s the battle? Do you use your Han to fight Kylo Ren? Do you lose if you do damage? They didn’t fight in the movie—Ren just killed him.

If you look at Luke's journey, Ben fought Vader until he could use his event special. I could see them doing something similar for Han vs Kylo.
  • Options

If you look at Luke's journey, Ben fought Vader until he could use his event special. I could see them doing something similar for Han vs Kylo.

Strike me down son
  • Options

12 Parsecs worth
  • Options

Yes, but Vader and Obi Wan actually fought. It was a scene shot in 1977 with a geriatric actor (a geriactor, if you will) so it was slow as hell, but it was a battle. Han and Kylo didn’t even have that.

But, more to the point, that’s a key scene in Kylo Ren’s character development, not Rey’s.
  • Options

The devs will find a way to make us panic farm the vets to 7 stars, even if it means that there's going to be a special ability you use called "Convince" and it's where Han and Kylo say their lines from that seen in TFA, leading up to a cutscene where Kylo's kills Han. If they did do this, the panic farming might actually be worth it.
  • Options
    I would be really chapped if the millennium falcon is/was required for her event... crappy drop rates, one node .. the vets certainly will be required and their drop rates are horrid at best.
  • Options
    Event will require
    Rey
    Bb8
    Vet Han
    Vet chewy
    Finn
    If you want 7* new rey then have all of those at 7*
  • Options
    cdhek wrote: »
    I would be really chapped if the millennium falcon is/was required for her event... **** drop rates, one node .. the vets certainly will be required and their drop rates are horrid at best.

I’m nearly to 5* already and haven’t ever done a refresh—although, to be fair, there were two days of double drops.

Point being it’s nowhere near as onerous as people want to make it seem.
This discussion has been closed.