Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• The Falcon was present for Luke's entire movie journey. The falcon was present in at least one stage of Luke's journey in-game. Yet, it was not required. In fact, no ship has ever been required to unlock any toon in Galaxy of Heroes. Can we please move on from the assumption that the Falcon will be required to unlock the next Rey.

Interestingly enough the dev's posted in regards to rumors, and they themselves suggested farming falcon with at least 1 refresh daily... For all our sakes I hope you're right, buy I fear otherwise.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Please sell old man han and old chew bundle packs starting now!

Will panic farm the last ~100 shards each for sure if you give me an easy 160 shards for $39.98 USD and you confirm that they are both needed for the event.

Otherwise I will just hope 5* old chew and old han will do.

4-5* Millenium Falcon is reasonable if you have that in the plan. 7*? No deal.

Thank you. :#
  • For everyone saying 7 star veteran Han you clearly aren't thinking about it. He dies before the fight with kylo so they won't use him or they will use someone else. Or they will and he won't be needed at 7 star

Old ben only was used for 6* phase but you couldnt participate unless he was 7*
  • Varlie wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    For everyone saying 7 star veteran Han you clearly aren't thinking about it. He dies before the fight with kylo so they won't use him or they will use someone else. Or they will and he won't be needed at 7 star

Or you could say that her seeing Kylo kill Han gave her that little push to fight harder and that means he will be needed

But what’s the battle? Do you use your Han to fight Kylo Ren? Do you lose if you do damage? They didn’t fight in the movie—Ren just killed him.

If you look at Luke's journey, Ben fought Vader until he could use his event special. I could see them doing something similar for Han vs Kylo.

Anyone else notice Old Han shards drop almost 50% of the time simming at 2x while Old Chew still about 25% ish?
  • The Falcon was present for Luke's entire movie journey. The falcon was present in at least one stage of Luke's journey in-game. Yet, it was not required. In fact, no ship has ever been required to unlock any toon in Galaxy of Heroes. Can we please move on from the assumption that the Falcon will be required to unlock the next Rey.

Interestingly enough the dev's posted in regards to rumors, and they themselves suggested farming falcon with at least 1 refresh daily... For all our sakes I hope you're right, buy I fear otherwise.

Where did they post that?
  • Winstar wrote: »
    For everyone saying 7 star veteran Han you clearly aren't thinking about it. He dies before the fight with kylo so they won't use him or they will use someone else. Or they will and he won't be needed at 7 star

Or you could say that her seeing Kylo kill Han gave her that little push to fight harder and that means he will be needed

But what’s the battle? Do you use your Han to fight Kylo Ren? Do you lose if you do damage? They didn’t fight in the movie—Ren just killed him.

If you look at Luke's journey, Ben fought Vader until he could use his event special. I could see them doing something similar for Han vs Kylo.

Anyone else notice Old Han shards drop almost 50% of the time simming at 2x while Old Chew still about 25% ish?

Just your luck, I have alternating days on who drops better, and so far Chewie is the easier to farm
  • This whole thing just makes my head hurt. Very short window to farm vets, and BB8 isn't even unlocked for most of us due to FO trooper being such a grind to get 7 star. Besides that, I looked forward to seeing arena turned upside down.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Winstar wrote: »

Just your luck, I have alternating days on who drops better, and so far Chewie is the easier to farm

For me chewie has been the worst. ATM i have them both at 5 stars, with 5 refreshes a day. It's as slow as it gets
  • NicWester wrote: »
    cdhek wrote: »
    I would be really chapped if the millennium falcon is/was required for her event... **** drop rates, one node .. the vets certainly will be required and their drop rates are horrid at best.

I’m nearly to 5* already and haven’t ever done a refresh—although, to be fair, there were two days of double drops.

Point being it’s nowhere near as onerous as people want to make it seem.

Yeah, I was going to say that I've been farming both the Falcon and Kylo's shuttle at the same time as my 3DS/3LS+5 Hard battles for my dailies and I've definitely had better drop rates from the Falcon node. I unlocked the Falcon at least a week and a half before the Shuttle and even now I'm nearly halfway towards 5* Falcon and just hit above 10 shards of the Shuttle today, and that's including double drops.
  • Not really in a big hurry to get her, even if she turns out to be another game breaking OP character. I've had CLS since day one, and I'm only just now gearing him up. I'm not much of a meta chaser so... it's kinda just w/e. Will prioritize once what is actually needed is divulged, and probably get her the next time, or the third go around. In the meantime, just leisurely farming on speculation. Not going to frantically rush shards or break my wallet over her.
  • Rey Finn BB8 VetHan VetChewie
  • Im pretty sure Falcon will be required. Just for one reason: EA never lets us farming required toons weeks before the start of the event.

Because, in the current case, it's not really panic farm. Ok it's still hard to get them 7*, but it's doable without buying anything.

So, where is the panic farm for jedi Rey event, which is so juicy for EA? Falcon! And will be annonced 1-2 days before start of the event, as aaaallllwayyyyyss !

May the panic farm be with you !
  • Saladius wrote: »
    Im pretty sure Falcon will be required. Just for one reason: EA never lets us farming required toons weeks before the start of the event.

Because, in the current case, it's not really panic farm. Ok it's still hard to get them 7*, but it's doable without buying anything.

So, where is the panic farm for jedi Rey event, which is so juicy for EA? Falcon! And will be annonced 1-2 days before start of the event, as aaaallllwayyyyyss !

Not true. CLS provided a great hint at what’s to come. The truest panic farm we had was thrawn where it was possible to 5* unlock him totally ftp. Anything more with out resources stacked ya had to buck up. Maybe rey will be the same way? 5* unlock?
    Again there is a lot of new structuring with the game so maybe comparing is bad in this case. Or maybe it’s not.

Side note - if the falcon is needed I will sigh with relief because I’m not close at all haha. The vets are a great duo and from people that have them all starred up saying they are only missing a leader to bring them to the next level. Maybe light saber rey will provide that. But I plan on using vets in ls Tb non rebel and non resistance battles.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    If the Falcon is needed, I can't see it being needed at 7 star as it should be used early on in the Journey. So possibly 4-5 star only.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    If the Falcon is needed, I can't see it being needed at 7 star as it should be used early on in the Journey. So possibly 4-5 star only.

Mayhaps and that would be cool. Well cool to have a lower star level if needed but much cooler if not needed.
  • Saladius wrote: »
    Im pretty sure Falcon will be required. Just for one reason: EA never lets us farming required toons weeks before the start of the event.

Not true. CLS provided a great hint at what’s to come. The truest panic farm we had was thrawn where it was possible to 5* unlock him totally ftp. Anything more with out resources stacked ya had to buck up. Maybe rey will be the same way? 5* unlock?
    Again there is a lot of new structuring with the game so maybe comparing is bad in this case. Or maybe it’s not.

Side note - if the falcon is needed I will sigh with relief because I’m not close at all haha. The vets are a great duo and from people that have them all starred up saying they are only missing a leader to bring them to the next level. Maybe light saber rey will provide that. But I plan on using vets in ls Tb non rebel and non resistance battles.
    Thrawn was possible 6* without resources stored up, maybe even 7*, but nobody started farming them when they came out. They waited until they announced we needed them a week or two after they came out, which was still 2 weeks before the event (they were out for 3-4 weeks before Thrawn even the first time).

• Woodroward wrote: »
    Saladius wrote: »

Thrawn was possible 6* without resources stored up, maybe even 7*, but nobody started farming them when they came out. They waited until they announced we needed them a week or two after they came out, which was still 2 weeks before the event (they were out for 3-4 weeks before Thrawn even the first time).

Yes, you are correct. 15/30 is where peeps had them if they didn’t spend once thrawn was announced and the devs broke cadence to make Phx farmable. And the nodes were easier even with Hera and Ezra in the same spot

Please post your source
  • Drops got real bad today.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Drops got real bad today.

Mine too, was decent before today
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    She’s free. People who pay will get her early—hopefully a few of us that have been trying to prepare in asvance, too—but we’ll get her free the second time around 100%.

So by your logic there is no p2p character that has ever been in this game? because eventually they are all free?

Flawed logic my friend. It is exactly this way of thinking is what EA wants so people are fooled into buying these packs.

Just accept this new Rey for now is p2p and get her next time f2p. Its that simple. - which is what you kind of ended up saying in the end.

I think the only time there was ever a truly p2p toon was when we had aurodium packs. Yes they became farmable but at the time we didnt know they would. Now we do know that all toons eventually become farmable or that events will come back. Timewall isnt a payway. Just how i look at it.

Timewall is not a paywall? that is the definition of p2p - every toon that was ever released was never going to be p2p forever. P2p players pay to get stuff with little effort and early - that is what p2p is. The get miles ahead where f2p get further behind trying to farm andf unlock everything through time and patience.

This new Rey, as well as these VS are essentially p2p for the purpose of obtaining this new Ry 1st time - just because they have the f2p tag because every requirement is technically farmable - it is not possible in the time to get them in a f2p fashion - therefore it is p2p.

So timewall does equal paywall - its that simple.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Yes, but Vader and Obi Wan actually fought. It was a scene shot in 1977 with a geriatric actor (a geriactor, if you will) so it was slow as hell, but it was a battle. Han and Kylo didn’t even have that.

But, more to the point, that’s a key scene in Kylo Ren’s character development, not Rey’s.

This is a video game and can take poetic licence of that scene for interest in a video game point of view - a small battle that will end with Kylo killing Han - it is possible.

AND yes, Han's death was a factor for Rey. He became a father figure for Rey - to which Kylo stated she would be disappointed. She was affected by his death and it formed part of her Journey.

Think what you will, but you are wrong saying these things are not possible, because they are until we get clarification from the Devs.
  • Mysteriously went 9/10 for falcon drops today...I suspect it will be needed.
  • Anyone who thinks the Falcon might be needed, please keep it to themselves.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the plans, but if enough people say they expect it, I'm sure they will add it in.
  • requiring a 7* falcon would be insane
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    @Woodroward I think the cat might be out of the bag.
  • Boo wrote: »
    @Woodroward I think the cat might be out of the bag.

lol. What I am saying is, there is no cat and/or bag, let's not will one into existence.

• OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I actually have the suspicion that the whole speculation thing is a troll move by the devs, and only Rey will be needed.
  • I actually have the suspicion that the whole speculation thing is a troll move by the devs, and only Rey will be needed.

Lol, I would accept that. Maybe if we 0romise not to complain so much it will happen :D
  • Has anyone linked where the devs said to farm the Falcon?
This discussion has been closed.