Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    wait and see the forums erupt if it’s only 6* star requirements

All those people that could’ve gotten them to 6* in time but didn’t bother because of the assumption that it would be a 7* neeeded.

Same goes with BB8, logically he’d be only needed at 5 star since he wasn’t with Rey on starkiller
  • DBane
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yusef wrote: »
    In my opinon Rey is not going to become a Jedi. In swgoh Rey's hero version will probably be Rey lightsaber version, similair yo battlefront 2. The reason I doubt Rey will become a jedi is because star wars 8 title is the LastJedi. Therwfore Rey might start a new group of warriors using the lightsabers.

It has already been confirmed, that "the last jedi" is meant to be plural.

For Example the official german title is "Die letzten Jedi", which is clear to be the plural.

Actually the director confirmed ages ago that it's singular:

“It’s so funny when people started asking that when the title was announced because I had never even pondered that question,” Johnson said in an interview with Good Morning America. “That seems like, to me, the most, like — uninteresting, I guess. In my mind, it’s singular.”

So its an offical confirmation if a director says "in my mind..".

The title is meant to be plural and multiple translations in different languages are confirming this.
  • Options
    DBane wrote: »
    In my opinon Rey is not going to become a Jedi. In swgoh Rey's hero version will probably be Rey lightsaber version, similair yo battlefront 2. The reason I doubt Rey will become a jedi is because star wars 8 title is the LastJedi. Therwfore Rey might start a new group of warriors using the lightsabers.

For Example the official german title is "Die letzten Jedi", which is clear to be the plural.

Actually the director confirmed ages ago that it's singular:

“It’s so funny when people started asking that when the title was announced because I had never even pondered that question,” Johnson said in an interview with Good Morning America. “That seems like, to me, the most, like — uninteresting, I guess. In my mind, it’s singular.”

So its an offical confirmation if a director says "in my mind..".

The title is meant to be plural and multiple translations in different languages are confirming this.

He wrote and directed the movie, came up with the title. He said it again on Jimmy Kimmel a couple of days ago.

He didn’t fathom people asking that question, in his mind it’s the Last Jedi (singular) and Luke is that Last Jedi

• Options
    PhoenixRvX wrote: »

All those people that could’ve gotten them to 6* in time but didn’t bother because of the assumption that it would be a 7* neeeded.

Same goes with BB8, logically he’d be only needed at 5 star since he wasn’t with Rey on starkiller

look at Cls event, 7* will be the last battle.
    Only one that maybe would be less than 7* would be vet Han but that's doubtful. Old ben needed7*
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »

Only one that maybe would be less than 7* would be vet Han but that's doubtful. Old ben needed7*
    I give creedance to it because it would balance the amount of time we had for CLS. I know I know we all view this certain corporation as money hungry but a lot of the time we had enough time to farm toons and had great hints before hand. Imo thrawn was the real panic farm.
  • Options
    Also every time I see this thread come up on my notifications I keep singing billy Joel. It’s 9 o’clock on a Saturday
  • Options
    Yoda tells Luke in RotJ that Luke is the last Jedi. Then, in TFA, Snoke tells Kylo that Luke is the last Jedi. I'm pretty sure we don't need to be twisting ourselves in knots asking who the last Jedi is.
  • Options
    Do you guys not know the the vets han and chewy are farmable right now in the cantania battles on the last two nodes in lvl 8.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Do you guys not know the the vets han and chewy are farmable right now in the cantania battles on the last two nodes in lvl 8.

Hmmmmm
  • Options
    Once light saber Rey arrives will Scavenger Rey still have a resistance tag? Prior to the light saber Rey had not actually come into contact with anyone in the resistance. If the Scavenger version of Rey maintains the resistance tag, then logically both vets should have it also. They were atleast part of the resistance in a previous point in time.

Regarding the vets, they are a real nothing connects pairing. Hopefully light saber Rey, or maybe a future General Organa will have a leadership (specific to them or General lightside) that would make them relevant.

The only comparable character is wompa and he is clearly designed to work under Vader leadership.

Fingers crossed these favourites characters get some love.

P.s. veteran chewie is definitely in th resistance (watch the trailers)
  • Options
    Yep, Vet Han And Vet Chewie flew a mission to get Rey and lower the shields for the Resistance so they should have the Resistance tag.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Those of us that are ready don't care when u announce requirements.
    Just want to see her kit
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone else see this potential spoiler problem?

Luke Skywalker (farmboy) --> Episode IV
    Commander Luke Skywalker --> Episode V

Rey (scavenger) --> Episode VII
    Rey (Padawan?) --> Episode ??

Luke's Hero's Journey was a walkthrough of Episode IV, but the character itself is rooted in Episode V. The devs have even said that "Call to Action" is supposed to evoke him leaving Dagobah and going to Cloud City. While there's technically no Episode V spoilers (no fights or cutscenes), it still gives us a sense of him in Episode V.

If Rey were to match, then the upcoming event will be a walkthrough of Episode VII, but the unlocked character will be rooted in Episode VIII. While abilities and ability-names aren't as spoiler-ey as a full blown cutscene, isn't this still somewhat of a problem? As great (and profitable) as this game is, a multi-million dollar game can't spoil a multi-billion dollar blockbuster.

And if you don't think an ability name can be spoiler-ey: "If You Strike Me Down", "Shoots First", "It Binds All Things", "Learn Control". Even the faction tags are a bit spoiler-ey; I'm pretty convinced that Kylo will never be labeled a Sith, which has huge implications in the lore, so thanks for ruining that. Rey is supposed to be the next iconic, central character, so her abilities won't (hopefully) be named "Hit Super Hard" and "Do Awesome Stuff". It'll be quote and callbacks to Episode VIII, just like CLS.

The point is that, imo, the Rey event can't coincide with opening night, or even opening weekend. Episode VIII isn't going to be a 2-3 weekend movie. Is Disney/Lucasfilm really going to let a mobile game (however awesome) potentially spoil things for folks who can't make it to the theater in the first 2 weeks? My assumption is that their well-run, multi-billion dollar juggernaut has considered this and planned accordingly. I'm posting on the off-chance that they haven't, and that this will buy us an extra 2-3 weeks to farm : )
  • Options
    wishful thinking?
  • Options
    Calx wrote: »
    Does anyone else see this potential spoiler problem?

Luke Skywalker (farmboy) --> Episode IV
    Commander Luke Skywalker --> Episode V

Rey (scavenger) --> Episode VII
    Rey (Padawan?) --> Episode ??

Luke's Hero's Journey was a walkthrough of Episode IV, but the character itself is rooted in Episode V. The devs have even said that "Call to Action" is supposed to evoke him leaving Dagobah and going to Cloud City. While there's technically no Episode V spoilers (no fights or cutscenes), it still gives us a sense of him in Episode V.

If Rey were to match, then the upcoming event will be a walkthrough of Episode VII, but the unlocked character will be rooted in Episode VIII. While abilities and ability-names aren't as spoiler-ey as a full blown cutscene, isn't this still somewhat of a problem? As great (and profitable) as this game is, a multi-million dollar game can't spoil a multi-billion dollar blockbuster.

And if you don't think an ability name can be spoiler-ey: "If You Strike Me Down", "Shoots First", "It Binds All Things", "Learn Control". Even the faction tags are a bit spoiler-ey; I'm pretty convinced that Kylo will never be labeled a Sith, which has huge implications in the lore, so thanks for ruining that. Rey is supposed to be the next iconic, central character, so her abilities won't (hopefully) be named "Hit Super Hard" and "Do Awesome Stuff". It'll be quote and callbacks to Episode VIII, just like CLS.

The point is that, imo, the Rey event can't coincide with opening night, or even opening weekend. Episode VIII isn't going to be a 2-3 weekend movie. Is Disney/Lucasfilm really going to let a mobile game (however awesome) potentially spoil things for folks who can't make it to the theater in the first 2 weeks? My assumption is that their well-run, multi-billion dollar juggernaut has considered this and planned accordingly. I'm posting on the off-chance that they haven't, and that this will buy us an extra 2-3 weeks to farm : )

I just hope you are right about one thing.
    That she Will " do awesome stuff "
  • Options
    Just want to see her kit

I have both vets at 7* and i'm sick to see how EA/CG are acting about this. Frankly, I love the game but I would really enjoy to see EA have another backlash to deal with.
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Everyone seems to think she'll be available to unlock immediately when her 'event' starts.

There will be at least 2 weeks of flash events to gear scavenger Rey (like Farmboy Luke).

Rey unlock event will be week after the movie (I'm going to guess Monday 18th - Sunday 24th). Otherwise, it'll be 1st week in January.

Just lol.
  • Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Hiya and happy Monday folks,
    We're all chomping at the bit and excited for more from the "What's Ahead" teaser included in last weeks Hotfix. While there's unfortunately no announcement slated for today, we have a blog post and mirrored forum post in store for later in the week. Please stay tuned!

Perfect!
    This is exactly the kind of communication we were missing so it created a lot of frustration. More of this would be Welcome.

Thank you.

+1! No, + infinite!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Ships being required is unprecedented and there is actually no indication this event will require them. From panic farming to panic speculation.

Rey
    Finn
    BB8
    Vets
    That's unconfirmed, but the 99% accurate educated guess

I agree, one ship does not fit into the event mechanism. Would be a very weird battle with only 1 ship.
    They can't put a ship on same battle screen as toons so how could that even work?

It was a weird battle with only Old Ben v Darth Vader in the CLS event.

Why not have a ship battle with the Falcon against FO Tie fighters - having to complete 3 tiers like GW - better make the one ship you have strong - I could see this happening (I actually wish that it wouldn't) but it would certainly make Rey's Hero Journey different from Luke's.
  • Options

I know, I’m saying that this might not be a carbon copy of CLS

BB8 wasn’t involved in any action after maz’s Castle. Which I’m assuming will be tier 5.

I can’t see there being a smuggler Han sacrifice tier. He and Kylo never had any sort of fight. Old Ben and Vader dueled at least.

My farming is going well and I reckon I’ll have them both 7* star.

I can just imagine a massive backlash coming if they say, bb8 5* required, people will complain that they weren’t farming fost because he was only 4* and didn’t believe they could get him to 7* in time etc.
  • Options
    Once light saber Rey arrives will Scavenger Rey still have a resistance tag? Prior to the light saber Rey had not actually come into contact with anyone in the resistance. If the Scavenger version of Rey maintains the resistance tag, then logically both vets should have it also. They were atleast part of the resistance in a previous point in time.

Regarding the vets, they are a real nothing connects pairing. Hopefully light saber Rey, or maybe a future General Organa will have a leadership (specific to them or General lightside) that would make them relevant.

The only comparable character is wompa and he is clearly designed to work under Vader leadership.

Fingers crossed these favourites characters get some love.

P.s. veteran chewie is definitely in th resistance (watch the trailers)

This bugs me too. She literally did nothing in terms of being Reistance. The Vets did.

It bugs me too that clone wars Chewie is a scoundrel. He wasn’t scoundreling about back then. He was in the Wookie army or whatever
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Its a translation issue nothing more - jedi can be singular as well as plural - like "sheep"

Luke made it quite clear that it is time for the Jedi (as a whole) to end - why train Rey as a Jedi? Rey is going to be trained as a new type of force user - utilizing both dark & light as per the Wills. Luke is the last Jedi.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Yep, Vet Han And Vet Chewie flew a mission to get Rey and lower the shields for the Resistance so they should have the Resistance tag.

100% VS should both get resistance tags - they lack any kind of substance in a faction, other than just boring old scoundrel - which is a faction better suited to Bounty Hunters and the like.

Han & Chewie avoided joining the resistance but clearly did so before the end of TFA and therefore require their resistance tags.

This is similar to why Old Ben never used to have his Rebel tag - yet people were adamant that he was not a rebel - poor fools. "Who is the more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him?"

He got his rightful and appropriate Rebel tag - Han & Chewie need their resistance tags.
  • Options
    O just hope its not bb8 and vets on 7 stars req. but looks like its gonna be... Off course!

Anyway the events on Rey journey could help us to frag up the other characters that Will be required for It, not Just her.

And If bb8 is required se need another evento Aldo pleasure!

Nothing that everyone didnt sayed before right?

Sorry by my English fellas!
  • Options
    The version that we're likely to get is already in the game "Rey (Starkiller Base) on Cantina node 7-F. She has a light saber in this node...

If true, her event will probably be opening weekend of The Last Jedi release...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    NewCaprica wrote: »
    Just want to see her kit

I have both vets at 7* and i'm sick to see how EA/CG are acting about this. Frankly, I love the game but I would really enjoy to see EA have another backlash to deal with.

Meh. I’m at 5* for Han and 4* for Chewbacca and I’m not sick about it. Don’t be offended on my behalf.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    If I’m going full conspiracy mode, then I would say they left the tags off in order to not give it away that they’ll be required, and they’ll add the tags when they make the Rey announcement: sort of following the formula from CLS:
    - announce the character
    - Start the droid event
    - Fix the tags

On the other hand, maybe they’ll do something different: they’re not robots and do have some free will
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    The requirements were leaked weeks ago and won't change.

Just like the time the requirements were leaked for Mother Talzin.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    So is "Die Rückkehr des Jedi" plural as well? because I'm pretty sure there was only 1 Jedi returning.
  • Options
    docmorbius wrote: »
    So is "Die Rückkehr des Jedi" plural as well? because I'm pretty sure there was only 1 Jedi returning.

Your point could be argued, but, I won't because I don't care about the wording of the title that much.
This discussion has been closed.