Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Who's running EA? They took away the daily crystal packs but said they were going to replace it with something better but still nothing. They rush DSTB and many hated it, many in my guild aren't impressed with TW either plus we caught cheaters during both TW. Now when is LSTB coming back? PS: WE WANT A DAILY CRYSTAL PACK AGAIN which they said they'd being something better! Well where is it!!!
  • @CG_Kozispoon Hellooooo? Is someone there? No words from the devs guys, I think they're all dead.
  • They released all sorts of abilities in the Battlefront game so idk why SWGOH couldn't do the same ones
  • Why is everyone arguing about whether The Last Jedi is singular or plural? This whole megathread is meant to be about Rey's Hero Journey. @NewCaprica yeah, the devs have been silent lately; and as we all know, that means something big and expensive is coming. Because of that, I have 100 emergency dollars saved up for whatever it is we're getting...
  • Delay problem is CG doesn't know whether to make her light side Jedi or dark side sith.
  • Why is everyone arguing about whether The Last Jedi is singular or plural? This whole megathread is meant to be about Rey's Hero Journey. @NewCaprica yeah, the devs have been silent lately; and as we all know, that means something big and expensive is coming. Because of that, I have 100 emergency dollars saved up for whatever it is we're getting...

Me too, hammer in hand ready to break piggy bank.
    Just waiting maybe 2 more days and this thread will be on fire
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Who's running EA? They took away the daily crystal packs but said they were going to replace it with something better but still nothing. They rush DSTB and many hated it, many in my guild aren't impressed with TW either plus we caught cheaters during both TW. Now when is LSTB coming back? PS: WE WANT A DAILY CRYSTAL PACK AGAIN which they said they'd being something better! Well where is it!!!

They only said they would consider a replacement for the crystal booster in the future.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you prepare for the worst, you'll be ready for the Rey event no matter what. Worst case scenario is all 7* Rey, Finn, BB8, Smuggler Han and Chewie.
  • Keep it up and I'll turn this Jedi around and go straight home!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    If you prepare for the worst, you'll be ready for the Rey event no matter what. Worst case scenario is all 7* Rey, Finn, BB8, Smuggler Han and Chewie.

Nah, worst case scenario is that plus 7* Falcon.
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    If you prepare for the worst, you'll be ready for the Rey event no matter what. Worst case scenario is all 7* Rey, Finn, BB8, Smuggler Han and Chewie.

well, if you're talking worst case, then add in millenium falcon
  • It's 11am in the office....
  • I'm guessing the title is actually meant to be ambiguous as to number, but many languages other than English can't keep the ambiguity without singificantly changing the title. I'm guessing it's "Luke Skywalker, the last Jedi" as mentioned in the opening crawl for TFA, singular. I'm guessing it's also the (plural) last Jedi who Luke was training when Kylo did whatever bad thing he did. It's also about whether the Jedi should end (Luke's initial opinion based on the trailers) or not, and whether Rey should become one (I suspect Luke will require some convincing, but will give in, and then something with drive Rey to leave early--ie just like Luke+Yoda in ESB and every other hero's journey style tale). So when presented with the question, I think Rian can honestly say that when he started writing and titled the movie, he was thinking singular, but I don't think LucasFilm/Disney/Kathleen Kennedy are going to be sloppy about how the title is translated, and so the fact that it's plural in languages that indicate as much is probably significant to the plot. But in what way, we can't really know.
  • DojiBrian
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon could you please just tell us "not today", so I can get other things done besides Stare at my phone?
  • Let's try that again, but with English ^
  • Do you really need to check each hour? Just be patient, geez... Even if they announce today (they won’t) the event won’t start for a number of days. So how does knowing now help?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Omega_S021 wrote: »
    Let's try that again, but with English ^

Lol, please forgive my dumb smartphone!
  • Haha I've been checking the forum like every 20 mins. Way to eager for more details :)
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    DojiBrian wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon could you please just tell us "not today", so I can get other things done besides Stare at my phone?

i feel bad for you.
  • DojiBrian wrote: »
    Omega_S021 wrote: »
    Let's try that again, but with English ^

Lol, please forgive my dumb smartphone!

Sorry haha, I just like teasing people
  • SunTzu
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So many people make the reference that this event is for whales. But what makes someone a whale? me for instance. I started farming resistance and FO before last BB8 event. Figured with a new movie coming out, something should be coming, and just guess my surprise when Rey's event was announced. Then they offered crystals on sale to come with an additional 25%, on top of double cantina drop rates and releasing Vets in cantina.

So I did the math. Making a guess that rey's event wouldn't possibly come before the 7th of December since BB8 had to return. then I account for all crystals arena and daily activities would yield meant that to have them both at 7 star I needed to spend $120 on crystals.

I'm constantly watching out for any new info being released on event expectancy and it never comes. This also means that my timed farming is changing with that flow of being released later than that date of the planned 7th and I now forecast I will still have 5k crystals left after Vets are 7*.....

To sum it up, Rey event will cost me $80. While that may very well make me an dummy for spending money on a dumb game, that doesn't really make me a whale. They gotta make something and I don't feel that with all the hints and they way they released specials, farm nodes, and content that makes EA that unreasonable. my two cents
  • One of Rey (Starkiller Base) unique will be called: "Get the F-outa Here" - Any time Rey (Starkiller Base) takes damage, a random enemy unit is instantly defeated, granting all allies 100% turn meter, and resets all abilities on cooldown.

I don’t think they would update the game icon to TLJ Rey just to give us starkiller base Rey..
  • SunTzu wrote: »
    So many people make the reference that this event is for whales. But what makes someone a whale? me for instance. I started farming resistance and FO before last BB8 event. Figured with a new movie coming out, something should be coming, and just guess my surprise when Rey's event was announced. Then they offered crystals on sale to come with an additional 25%, on top of double cantina drop rates and releasing Vets in cantina.

So I did the math. Making a guess that rey's event wouldn't possibly come before the 7th of December since BB8 had to return. then I account for all crystals arena and daily activities would yield meant that to have them both at 7 star I needed to spend $120 on crystals.

I'm constantly watching out for any new info being released on event expectancy and it never comes. This also means that my timed farming is changing with that flow of being released later than that date of the planned 7th and I now forecast I will still have 5k crystals left after Vets are 7*.....

To sum it up, Rey event will cost me $80. While that may very well make me an dummy for spending money on a dumb game, that doesn't really make me a whale. They gotta make something and I don't feel that with all the hints and they way they released specials, farm nodes, and content that makes EA that unreasonable. my two cents

As your name suggests, you've successfully predicted the coming events and planned accordingly. People don't seem to understand that they can wait for it to come back and get it without spending any money. "It's for whales" is just an excuse for not preparing well enough.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Slayvoff wrote: »
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

well, if you're talking worst case, then add in millenium falcon

I think requiring 2 7* heroes farmed from 3* via 16e Cantina nodes which were put there a month before the event is pretty much as bad a situation as can be imagined.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Do you really need to check each hour? Just be patient, geez... Even if they announce today (they won’t) the event won’t start for a number of days. So how does knowing now help?

For one, I could use all my energy and refreshes for the day, instead of trying to hover near max for as long as possible.
  • @Gamorrean You're probably right, so there is no chance that Rey's Hero's Journey will be release until after a reasonable run at the box office for Last Jedi?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    DojiBrian wrote: »

Sorry, kinda busy!
    Hiya!
    This thread is a handy dandy resource to notify players of upcoming updates and if we experience any pesky technical difficulties that may result from a Game Update delay. Please note full Game Update details and breakdown can be reviewed via the link <<HERE>> (once they are released)
    Game Update Status: Prepping Content Update (12/6)

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Thanx, Kozi!
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Omega_S021 wrote: »
    SunTzu wrote: »

As your name suggests, you've successfully predicted the coming events and planned accordingly. People don't seem to understand that they can wait for it to come back and get it without spending any money. "It's for whales" is just an excuse for not preparing well enough.

some of that was luck I admit. I'd probably be whining like everyone else if I wasn't farming Falcon by accident getting Rey... LOL which just unlocked for me yesterday for free. just in case :smiley:
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Tfa was a remake of a new hope in soo many ways.
    Tlj will be remake of the return of the Jedi.
    After leaving luke for whatever reason, she goes to face kylo, he brings her to snook and kylo has a change of heart and teams up with Rey to defeat snook.
    Somewhere in plot luke dies, the untrained Rey is not a Jedi so kylo trains with her and together they become the new lightside faction for episode 9.
This discussion has been closed.