You think CG gets movie spoilers?

They've got to, right? Like, if they're going to release a new Rey, they have to know something about the next movie.

Got to wonder if that's an occupational hazard or a bonus. Like, they've got to know some key character details for development, but they've also got to keep their mouths shut until the movie comes out. I'm sure there's a helluvan NDA they're under. Don't think I could handle it.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Don't think so, and I think we'll get Rey (Starkiller base) for the first reward of her heros journey
  • They don’t even give most of the actors the full script in filming, so I highly doubt CG gets any more info than the basic design graphics toy makers get.
  • Funny you should mention the toys. The Rey that was released before TFA just had her big stick packaged with it. The day the movie came out they sold the exact same figure, but now with Luke’s lightsabre packaged, too.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I don't think so. Some of the characters they have released in the past were on pure speculation.

Bistan for example, they hyped him up in the game.
  • Didnt the force awakens people come out before the movie at the very beginning? I remember going to see TFA I think the day it came out and I already knew the names poe finn rey cause of this game. Im sure those things were in trailers but I dont think I watched any lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Didnt the force awakens people come out before the movie at the very beginning? I remember going to see TFA I think the day it came out and I already knew the names poe finn rey cause of this game. Im sure those things were in trailers but I dont think I watched any lol
    Character names are public knowledge for months preceding the film’s release
  • Here CG, you can have the material/characters we are going to cut from the movie.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I don't think they get spoilers. I'm about 99% on this. They get told stuff about what characters they can and can't release and what they can and can't look like or do. But actual storyline info? Nope. Not kittening likely.
  • You guys dont think the devs get early screenings ? If your making a toon based on one in a movie and making aan ability kit for it wouldnt need to see them and come up with the design of the kit ?
  • Nope. Finns kit? He’s a super strong leader who gives advantage and cleanses but he spent most of the movie trying to figure out how to run away. Phasma was in the movie for three seconds and she gets shoved in a trash chute, in game she has a leader zeta, and her AoE makes sense because shes, well, a captain who commands. Poe’s taunt makes sense but all they had to do is look at a picture of him to realize he’s jus Han in an x-wing. So no, I don’t think they build ability kits from actually watching the movies...but the toon design is probably sent to some gaming department advisor in the mouse house for approval and suggestions...
  • GudOLGYn wrote: »
    You guys dont think the devs get early screenings ? If your making a toon based on one in a movie and making aan ability kit for it wouldnt need to see them and come up with the design of the kit ?

Nope. Most likely, Disney employs one or a handful of liaisons who tell the developers of various games what they need to know to design a character. I can see it in my mind... One guy who was in on the film production process has a binder with pictures of some new characters, a list of his/her attributes, and suggested ability names. Maybe a 10 second highlight reel of their screen time. No spoilers needed
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Info has already come out on some of Rey's powers in the new movie so I am sure they could make a character based on that.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?