Full droid team vs mostly droid team

I currently run a mini droid team with Sid, 86, 88, Poggle, and Lumi. They're all 7 stars and maxed gear and I normally place 5-10 in Arena each day. I started farming GS and 46 to go full droid team but I noticed 46 is slow and can't get his AOE off before 86 does his. 86 does crazy damage when an enemy is suffering a negative effect so it's not utuliing his full potential if I use his AOE when none of the enemy has a negative effect. This is part of the reason I still run Sid because his speed allows him to go first and he can give a negative effect to everybody.

Any ideas? Am I better off going mostly droid va full droid? Are there any other quick attacking players that can give negative effects to everybody in a short manner? Has anybody tired a mostly droid team with Obi as the 5th?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sid can set up a better 88 AOE, but it also makes your team more dependant on 88, who is the squisiest target. HK88 gives a huge hidden damage outpout with the 30% turn meter on crits.
    I use 88 AOE all the time even if there are not enemy debuffs. The reasons being: he can ability block people, which is huge in AOE, and if he crits 3+ times, he gets a free extra shot from HK leadership. Droids' ability to act again after doing damage is their defining feature, in my opinion. It's what moves them from "aggro" type of team to "combo" type of team, if that terminology makes any sense for you. With 86, and Geonosian ability to call an assist, and huge crit chances, the assisting character gets another turn inmediatly, meaning you get a 3x1 (86 assisting shot, 88 being the assister, then 88 himself if he has crit with the assist)

Poggle as leader has also good things to offer. If you still want to set up a big 88 AOE, I would swap Luminara for Geo Soldier, and then use Poggle (L), Sid, 88, 86, Geo soldier. It would be even bigger, as Poggle's buff is stronger than Sid's leadership of extra damage on crits.
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think you need HK and GS to really make this work with the current meta. GS call in a droid who crits, then your droids all get to go immediately.

I haven't tried it, but I think a droid/Ben team would just result in a bunch of droid bodies laying around an old man by the time Ben got to go.
  • I have tested the offensive output of my team with Sid or Poggle as leaders. It is higher and more constant with Poggle and your droids are faster. Additionally, Sid's AOE sucks quite often due to the lack of potency.
    You can and should vary the 5th position. Dooku is now often back on court, but also Ren, Poe, Han, Anakin are viable options next to other fast damage dealers like QGJ, Rey ...
    Winning games is easy at the moment but this does account for all ...
  • Scinful wrote: »
    I think you need HK and GS to really make this work with the current meta. GS call in a droid who crits, then your droids all get to go immediately.

I haven't tried it, but I think a droid/Ben team would just result in a bunch of droid bodies laying around an old man by the time Ben got to go.

lol well put, and yes I agree
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hopefully I'm not hijacking this thread, but since we are on the topic of droid hybrid teams, does anybody have thoughts on: HK (lead), 86, 88, Yoda, Poe? (Triqui I'm looking at you, you usually have good ideas *wink*).

My thoughts are: Turn meter goodness from HK+droids, Yoda w/ 151 speed goes pretty quick and can nuke moves of the biggest threat w/ speed between 142<=151 (eg GS, Rey, Poggle, or even another Poe) and also do damage, then Poe does his Poe thing. Droids continue to destroy. First round should be pretty controllable at least 65% of the time, and this team should have an upper hand against any other Droid team b/c of Yoda+Poe. I'm sure I'm sure there are some holes though.

The real weakness is of course QGJ led team, but that's a weakness of lots of teams anyways.

• Hopefully I'm not hijacking this thread, but since we are on the topic of droid hybrid teams, does anybody have thoughts on: HK (lead), 86, 88, Yoda, Poe? (Triqui I'm looking at you, you usually have good ideas *wink*).

My thoughts are: Turn meter goodness from HK+droids, Yoda w/ 151 speed goes pretty quick and can nuke moves of the biggest threat w/ speed between 142<=151 (eg GS, Rey, Poggle, or even another Poe) and also do damage, then Poe does his Poe thing. Droids continue to destroy.

The real weakness is of course QGJ led team, but that's a weakness of lots of teams anyways.

Yoda normally gets nuked once Poe wears off, but I do like the Poe/Yoda combo with tenacity and Poe gains health. I haven't really seen a very successful Yoda team yet, and the ones I face in Arena aren't very good.
  • I run Poggle lead with Sid/Lumi/86/GS right now and I can make #1 every day. Not the best on defense, but capable of beating any team on offense more often than not.
  • I have been thinking of running a team based all around IG-88 with Sid, Vader, Phasma, IG-88, and Poe or Poggle. Its not even really a droid team but hopefully they buff AoE and make DOTs kill again.
  • BnBTobacconist
    665 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have been thinking of running a team based all around IG-88 with Sid, Vader, Phasma, IG-88, and Poe or Poggle. Its not even really a droid team but hopefully they buff AoE and make DOTs kill again.

are vaders negatives greater then Poggles buffs? I tend to doubt it and would replace Vader with Poggle with your lineup and keep Poe
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Sid can set up a better 88 AOE, but it also makes your team more dependant on 88, who is the squisiest target. HK88 gives a huge hidden damage outpout with the 30% turn meter on crits.
    I use 88 AOE all the time even if there are not enemy debuffs. The reasons being: he can ability block people, which is huge in AOE, and if he crits 3+ times, he gets a free extra shot from HK leadership. Droids' ability to act again after doing damage is their defining feature, in my opinion. It's what moves them from "aggro" type of team to "combo" type of team, if that terminology makes any sense for you. With 86, and Geonosian ability to call an assist, and huge crit chances, the assisting character gets another turn inmediatly, meaning you get a 3x1 (86 assisting shot, 88 being the assister, then 88 himself if he has crit with the assist)

Poggle as leader has also good things to offer. If you still want to set up a big 88 AOE, I would swap Luminara for Geo Soldier, and then use Poggle (L), Sid, 88, 86, Geo soldier. It would be even bigger, as Poggle's buff is stronger than Sid's leadership of extra damage on crits.

Thanks Triqui, I will try using HK as leader again. It really does increase droid speed by manipulating turn meter.

Your input for Sid preparing the stage for 88 is also valid.

Ty, ty, ty
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Triqui I'm currently running HK (lead), IG88, IG86, Poe, and GS. I'm farming Poggle from GW at the moment so I would be able to use him in the squad. Considering the speed meta are droid teams still viable?

And also if u had to choose, which team would be better-
    HK (lead), IG88, IG86, Poe, GS
    Poggle (lead), IG88, IG86, Poe, GS
    Poggle (lead), IG88, IG86, HK47, GS
    HK (lead), IG88, IG86, Poggle, GS

I find that QGJ in enemy team moves first and immediately kill one of my droid usually IG88 before I can move.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    @Triqui I'm currently running HK (lead), IG88, IG86, Poe, and GS. I'm farming Poggle from GW at the moment so I would be able to use him in the squad. Considering the speed meta are droid teams still viable?

I find that QGJ in enemy team moves first and immediately kill one of my droid usually IG88 before I can move.

This is a very difficult question. To begin with, "meta" is not the same in all servers and all brackets. Maybe in the top 10 of november 2015 servers is not, I can't tell as I dont play there. But even if it is not, I find hard to assess that a team is not viable because it only beats 95% of the teams abd dont work vs a very small sample of teams in a very small sample of servers.

I got #2 yesterday. #1 the day before. I'm sitting #1 now, 10h before the paytime. In my servers I fight full 70s teams of 7*, which include QGJ lead teams, Sid lead teams, other droids, and some Phasma lead teams. My typical enemies hsve some combinations of QGJ, Sid, Dooku, Rey, Leia, Geo, Poggle, Poe, Kylo, Lumi, Daka, Yoda and the droids. The top 10 is fluid, depending the timezone, but right now we have FOUR droids in the top10 (3 HK-Lead and 1 Poggle, all but be with Poe), plus 2 phasma, 3 Sid and 1 QGJ). At different hours it is Sid-dominant. In the top 25 we have 7 QGJ(L), 7 Sid(L), 6 Phasma, 3 HK47 and 2 Poggle. Any of them is seen in the top5 at some point of the day.bñ Most are 7*, with some 5-6* seen in Dooku, QGJ, Poe, Poggle or Rey

It is important to notice that I only have 6*, on purpose for GW reasons. Yet I'm able to get my spot with 1 arena refresh per day.

When I face QGJ(L) teams, I lose 88 about 20% of the time. The rest of time AI target anyone else. I dont mind losing him, and I preffer that than losing any other DPS. Most old droid PoPo teams were designed to unload a huge 88 AOE and win with that, but that is not my case. i use the AOE to ability block and get a few crits and such. In my team he is the 4th threat, and the 5th in importance in general.

Currently I'm runnning HK47(L), 88, 86, QGJ and Geonosian Soldier. Sometimes I swap QGJ for Poggle. I have 4 dangerous 1HKO myself, and losing 88 is not the end of the war. I'm slightly slower than QGJ (L) teams, but Geo is not slow, QGJ is decent, and they can call assistance. HK47 turn meter gain means I'm actually faster up to 2nd round.

Tope that helps, @Reyia
  • Triqui wrote: »

Currently I'm runnning HK47(L), 88, 86, QGJ and Geonosian Soldier. Sometimes I swap QGJ for Poggle. I have 4 dangerous 1HKO myself, and losing 88 is not the end of the war. I'm slightly slower than QGJ (L) teams, but Geo is not slow, QGJ is decent, and they can call assistance. HK47 turn meter gain means I'm actually faster up to 2nd round.

Nice, I'm running the same setup at the moment. I feel 4 attackers one support might be the way to go - you can loose one in the first round and still win. I feel Poggle is stronger in this lineup then QGJ, although that might be because my Poggle is 7 stars, and QGJ just 5.

It's just so awesome if Geo starts a chain reaction of assists with turn meter gain. I can get to rank 1 most days with just one reset, but I loose to often for my taste, because enemy teams keep getting faster. Everybody has Geo now, many run GQJ lead, Sid or Doku - that's sometimes three attacks from the enemy before my turn. Running Poe here would be quite pointless - by the time he gets his turn, things are to late.
    I really want to add Dooku, to stun enemy QGJ and get a big first turn advantage. I'm just not sure who to drop for him.

In the end I think a team will have to be tailor-made for each enemy setup. Add Dooku if the enemy has QGJ lead, maybe run QGJ lead with Luminara added when you really want to go first. Even Poe still has a place against some lineups.

• My Dooku is just 4* but when I develop him I'd use him to stun QGJ. I'd use him in Poggle/QGJ/Poe spot
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

This is a very difficult question. To begin with, "meta" is not the same in all servers and all brackets. Maybe in the top 10 of november 2015 servers is not, I can't tell as I dont play there. But even if it is not, I find hard to assess that a team is not viable because it only beats 95% of the teams abd dont work vs a very small sample of teams in a very small sample of servers.

I got #2 yesterday. #1 the day before. I'm sitting #1 now, 10h before the paytime. In my servers I fight full 70s teams of 7*, which include QGJ lead teams, Sid lead teams, other droids, and some Phasma lead teams. My typical enemies hsve some combinations of QGJ, Sid, Dooku, Rey, Leia, Geo, Poggle, Poe, Kylo, Lumi, Daka, Yoda and the droids. The top 10 is fluid, depending the timezone, but right now we have FOUR droids in the top10 (3 HK-Lead and 1 Poggle, all but be with Poe), plus 2 phasma, 3 Sid and 1 QGJ). At different hours it is Sid-dominant. In the top 25 we have 7 QGJ(L), 7 Sid(L), 6 Phasma, 3 HK47 and 2 Poggle. Any of them is seen in the top5 at some point of the day.bñ Most are 7*, with some 5-6* seen in Dooku, QGJ, Poe, Poggle or Rey

It is important to notice that I only have 6*, on purpose for GW reasons. Yet I'm able to get my spot with 1 arena refresh per day.

When I face QGJ(L) teams, I lose 88 about 20% of the time. The rest of time AI target anyone else. I dont mind losing him, and I preffer that than losing any other DPS. Most old droid PoPo teams were designed to unload a huge 88 AOE and win with that, but that is not my case. i use the AOE to ability block and get a few crits and such. In my team he is the 4th threat, and the 5th in importance in general.

Tope that helps, @Reyia

Thanks @Triqui that helped a lot and now I can see what I would work towards. U mentioned 4 1HKO but I only see three, GS, QGJ, and 86. Who did I miss?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

Tope that helps, @Reyia

Thanks @Triqui that helped a lot and now I can see what I would work towards. U mentioned 4 1HKO but I only see three, GS, QGJ, and 86. Who did I miss?

88, if he crits in the AOE enough times to shoot again inmediately. It's a stretch definition of "one hit", but it is a single turn without any option for the enemy to act. Although is much more unreliable than the other 3
  • I have been thinking of running a team based all around IG-88 with Sid, Vader, Phasma, IG-88, and Poe or Poggle. Its not even really a droid team but hopefully they buff AoE and make DOTs kill again.

are vaders negatives greater then Poggles buffs? I tend to doubt it and would replace Vader with Poggle with your lineup and keep Poe

It goes back to the question of how much do you want to depend on IG-88. With Vader only being 4* he is basically only there to set up IG-88 or using culling blade. 4* Vader vs 7* Poggle yes I would probably give Poggle the edge due to his usefulness to everyone (not just 88) and the extra power to hopefully deter attacks. The AI is awful at using Vader though so for sure your last battle you better sub him out.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Tope that helps, @Reyia

88, if he crits in the AOE enough times to shoot again inmediately. It's a stretch definition of "one hit", but it is a single turn without any option for the enemy to act. Although is much more unreliable than the other 3

Thanks @Triqui for explaining that. I never had that option of immediately attacking after AOE. My IG88 is 7* but HK still 4* with leader skill at 6.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    You need 4 crits (120% TM) or 3 crits and nobody close in the TM list behind him (so it is 90%, and fill the 10% faster than anyone).

It's an unlikely kill with this setup, tho. Needs quite luck with RNG. Happens more with Poggle, because of the buff.