Really hope this comes back before CLS

Prev1
I've spent the last 2 months building my Empire team to 7* and getting them geared and modded. Everyone has tier 5 mods maxed out and all are at least gear 8. I see several teams with lower gear and stuff having earned 7* R2. I played the event probably close to a dozen times a day, to no avail. Nothing has made me more annoyed at this game, just by the sheer time and effort I put in for it.
Mostly, though, I just hope we get another go at it. The difficulty jump from 6* to 7* is so huge and unexpected, especially with the nullification of Vader's lead, Tarkin's AOE, and Magma's AOE.
It's a difficult event, so I can't really complain against the difficulty. Mostly, I just really really hope Daring Droid comes back before the CLS event again. Now that I've seen how crazy difficult tier 7 is I'm gonna keep pumping my Empire team, I just hope it's not in vain.

Replies

• MK61
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Completely agreed. I didn't know about the inability to remove turn meter when I started farming Magmatrooper for the event, I hadn't looked into it, so my fault, but I also hope we get another shot at this before CLS round 2. Got 6*, and many times got down to three dudes left to kill, with two being OB and Chewie, and just couldn't clutch it out.

Here's to "A new hope" of seeing the event again in time.
  • Options
    MK61 wrote: »
    Completely agreed. I didn't know about the inability to remove turn meter when I started farming Magmatrooper for the event, I hadn't looked into it, so my fault, but I also hope we get another shot at this before CLS round 2. Got 6*, and many times got down to three dudes left to kill, with two being OB and Chewie, and just couldn't clutch it out.

Here's to "A new hope" of seeing the event again in time.

I actually got so far as to get down to just Chewie and R2 and both almost dead... that was 15 minutes before the event closed and never got that close again. The wording was also difficult for the TM because it says "immune to turn meter delay" which I don't think we've seen as wording before. It's difficult to know if that means TM cannot be removed (great, Vader and Tarkin lose their bonuses), if Speed Down doesn't actually affect them, or both.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I've spent the last 2 months building my Empire team to 7* and getting them geared and modded. Everyone has tier 5 mods maxed out and all are at least gear 8. I see several teams with lower gear and stuff having earned 7* R2. I played the event probably close to a dozen times a day, to no avail. Nothing has made me more annoyed at this game, just by the sheer time and effort I put in for it.
    Mostly, though, I just hope we get another go at it. The difficulty jump from 6* to 7* is so huge and unexpected, especially with the nullification of Vader's lead, Tarkin's AOE, and Magma's AOE.
    It's a difficult event, so I can't really complain against the difficulty. Mostly, I just really really hope Daring Droid comes back before the CLS event again. Now that I've seen how crazy difficult tier 7 is I'm gonna keep pumping my Empire team, I just hope it's not in vain.

Dude R2 has come like 1000 times. How don't you have R2 yet?
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Dude R2 has come like 1000 times. How don't you have R2 yet?

Considering this was only the third time the R2 event came out, I have to believe this is sarcasm.
  • Options
    I had the same situation! So close, yet so far. I've got my Empire team fully ready now, as well as my CLS team, but I really need the R2 event to come back before the CLS event, because I only have him at six stars. I wonder if the information is posted anywhere? I know that the CLS event is coming back on the 5th of December, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Likely you need to increase the speed of your squad, it sounds like your a little too slow , cuz you should be able to beat it with what you have.
  • Options
    @Dralkyr
    I can only see 3 out of 5 toons you have. I went with same 3, but palpatine lead and veers.
    Had to gear Vador and palpatine up to g10, veers and magma up to g9. Still like that and after some 25 tries/day still was not able to go further than chewie ben and r2 remaining.
    The final push 8h before the end pf the event, Got the tip to speed upalpatine. Sso I did pushing him to 198 speed and that's what finally made the difference
  • Options
    I did the event with Magmatrooper and Tarkin, with both their TM attacks sucking balls.
    Minimum lvl 10 on EP. And potency mods with speed on him.

My team was
    EP (L) lvl 81, g10
    Magmatrooper, lvl 81, g9
    Snowtrooper, lvl 81, g8
    Tarkin, lvl 81, g8
    RG, lvl 81, g8

All abilities at lvl 7
    Ep had omegas on his stun and offense up ability

Is doable but it took ages, the one condition you have to meet is that:
    EP has no debuffs on him after Rebels took their turns.
    Stun, Offense down, Burn, Ability Block is an instant reload.
    And you take everyone and hit R2D2 only, forget the minions, they will die eventually from mass attacks.
  • Options
    The first time the R2 event was here, I tried it with EP (L) G9, Vader G9, TFP G8, Tarkin G8 and RG G8 all around lvl 76-80. Didn't work. At all. Did more than 200 tries and didn't even come close. Please do not underestimate gearing and modding!

Disappointed that so many others had managed to unlock R2 7* with a similar team, I decided to just grind gear, credits, mats and mods to get them stronger. Along the way I picked up Thrawn as well, which I don't regret one bit. He is seriously strong! And his abilities are extremely handy in the R2-event.

The second R2 came around I did the last tier first try with:
    Thrawn (L) G9 lvl85
    EP G10 lvl85
    Vader G10 lvl85
    TFP G8 lvl 80
    Tarkin G8 lvl 80

Abilities: Everything at 7. EP, Vader and Thrawn full of omegas. TFP omega on basic.

Mods: As much speed as I could muster. Thrawn at 240. TFP and EP above 200. Vader close to 200. Tarkin something lower. EP and Vader modded for potency to land debuffs. TFP for damage. Thrawn for health. Tarking for expendability.
  • Options
    New players join the game all the time and those players should get the same benefits of the older players who had much more time to prepare for the event. The devs set a precedent of bringing back R2 before CLS the first time and haven't given any indication that it will be broken. All that considered, it's only fair for them to bring back R2 with CLS.

I barely missed getting R2 to 7* last time, dumped money into the game in preparation for R2 (apparently not enough) and CLS. If they don't bring back R2 with CLS (and with all the recent TB problems), I'm probably going to quit the game and take my money with me.
  • MajorP
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    +1

I also just missed getting R2 to 7 star the last time so if he (it?) doesn't return before CLS I will be kittened as the older players got that chance.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Yeah, my 6* R2 needs to be 7* before CLS. Please Daring Droid beforehand!
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon please hear our prayers (i.e. reasonable request) on this one!
  • Options
    Im sorry....this event was way easier than thrawn. I do not hope he comes out before cls...hes been out 3 times you had ample time to prepare. Manual play instead of auto battle
  • MajorP
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fittro wrote: »
    Im sorry....this event was way easier than thrawn. I do not hope he comes out before cls...hes been out 3 times you had ample time to prepare. Manual play instead of auto battle

@Fittro Did you really think this through before you posted this? If you started playing the second half of this year have you really had "ample time" or played his event 3 times? NO, you have had his event once, just as the older players had when CLS launched. Hence, they got a second run of R2 before right before CLS launched.
    Post edited by MajorP on
  • Options
    We need R2D2 event back this month! Please!!!
  • Options

@Fittro You really think I did this on auto? This was manual play a dozen times every day for the entire event. The difficulty jump was so huge as to be prohibitive and impossible to expect. 7* gear 8-10 with maxed 5* mods. Lots and lots of bad RNG. But even still, newer players should get another round at it.
  • Options

@Fittro You really think I did this on auto? This was manual play a dozen times every day for the entire event. The difficulty jump was so huge as to be prohibitive and impossible to expect. 7* gear 8-10 with maxed 5* mods. Lots and lots of bad RNG. But even still, newer players should get another round at it.

Its way easier than thrawn...i wasnt even 5 *modded for r2. Maybe its your team
  • Options

Its way easier than thrawn...i wasnt even 5 *modded for r2. Maybe its your team

Which is why I've spent a lot of time working more on my Empire team, which is why I hope the event comes back before CLS. There really was no way to know just HOW difficult tier 7 was going to be. I haven't had a chance to even attempt Thrawn yet.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

just move on if you have it
    you show no respect for newcomers/those who dont have it
  • Options
    Since I do not see/foresee CLS returning this month (schedule is already too crowded plus the emphasis is on Rey), it gives me great hope that the R2 event will return before CLS. Considering the candence of the previous R2 events, we should be able to expect R2 to return sometime next month. At this point, should the devs bring back CLS, i would like to imagine they would hold off until R2 comes around one more time. Also considering that with the first CLS event they had R2 literally right before it, and with the new Rey event they are having the BB8 event right before as well.

Bottom line, I believe there is hope for us :)
  • Options
    Since I do not see/foresee CLS returning this month (schedule is already too crowded plus the emphasis is on Rey), it gives me great hope that the R2 event will return before CLS. Considering the candence of the previous R2 events, we should be able to expect R2 to return sometime next month. At this point, should the devs bring back CLS, i would like to imagine they would hold off until R2 comes around one more time. Also considering that with the first CLS event they had R2 literally right before it, and with the new Rey event they are having the BB8 event right before as well.

Bottom line, I believe there is hope for us :)

Thus my hope :)
  • Options
    I hope they gives us another shot at R2 before CLS. My team is finally ready to 7* R2.
  • Options
    R2 has to come back before CLS. I have a feeling that the "recurring event" on the 23rd is the R2 Mythic event, meaning he would launch on the 20th-21st and CLS would come just before new years!
  • Options
    Chiming in.

I have 20+ g12 characters but no 7* R2 (though I do have a 7* g11 Krennic and Shoretrooper, which I hope can pull the rest through the event). Please bring R2 back before CLS.
  • Options
    This should be the #1 priority for the Devs to make it happen!
  • Options
    I hope they bring him back too because I was really only able to attempt him the once on the last go around and got him to 6* and based on the timing it be cruel to offer up cls for the holidays and leave the r2 event out. I only say this because there is no other way to get the shards for r2
  • Options
    If they put it off every time someone is finally ready we'll never get a CLS event. R2 has been around a few times already. Time to bring CLS back asap.
  • Options

+1
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm with you guys, I've just finished getting my Imperials ready for Daring Droid event. I've started playing the game back in July, and since the first CLS event in August, I've been farming my Empire hardcore everyday, this week I've just got them to 7* and geared, my Empire is as currently:

Palpatine: Gear IX
    Vader: Gear IX (missing 1 golden piece to X)
    Royal Guard: IX
    Stormtrooper: IX
    Tarkin: IX
    MagmaTrooper: VIII

I think I'm ready to go?

Please guys bring R2-D2 back for Holidays.