I haven’t spent money on SWGOH since the monthly sub left

Atlas1
1713 posts Member
**Im not discouraging spending in any way**

I used to buy the monthly crystal sub for what was it, $7.99? Or $11.99? Almost monthly. It was the best value in the game. It was removed a few months ago and I’m basically F2P again. Will it ever come back? Will we get a viable alternative? An update from the team would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    ok good to know
  • Options
    I used to buy it too, then fleet arena started giving crystals. I dont miss it anymore
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Okay.
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    ok good to know

Great contribution. Did either of you ever spend? Why remove an option that tons of players spent money on?
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Okay.
    ok good to know

Great contribution. Did either of you ever spend? Why remove an option that tons of players spent money on?

they are working on an alternative and they cant tell us exactly why they took ot away. This was adressed in a dev post way back when this happened.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    It seems that they were losing money from it, only thing that would make them remove it due to their greed?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    #MeToo
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Ral wrote: »
    It seems that they were losing money from it, only thing that would make them remove it due to their greed?

How can you lose money? I was supporting them for 15$/month and now I am at 0.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

+1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to better sub forum for dev visibility.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Okay.
    ok good to know

they are working on an alternative and they cant tell us exactly why they took ot away. This was adressed in a dev post way back when this happened.

Still don’t know what the alt will be or when it will return.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    The crystals were roughly around 2k? for a month's login right?. They want people to spend the $20 instead maybe?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    The crystals were roughly around 2k? for a month's login right?. They want people to spend the $20 instead maybe?

That’s the thing. I’m not going to pay that. I prefer the sub and logging in daily for my crystals
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Options
    That’s the thing. I’m not going to pay that. I prefer the sub and logging in daily for my crystals[/quote]

Yup, it's a psychological approach to get people to spend that much for crystals.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

This. The subscription didn't "cost them money" - but taking out does. Sure, there might be a handful of people who have bought one-time crystal packs since they discontinued the sub. I would guess not nearly as many of those of us who bought it regularly and are now not spending at all.

"The more they try to tighten their grip, the more customers slip through their fingers."

ETA: The combination of dropping the crystal sub, the new "2+ year" farm for new releases, lower value packs ($10 for 25 Talzin shards versus the $10 for 40 CHS shards just a few weeks ago), the new crazy high refresh costs, etc. has me more concerned about the long-term prospects of this game than I have been in the (almost) two years since I've started. There's a lot of "straws" lately. We'll see what Rey's Hero Journey brings - but if it's "pay to play" - or at least "pay to 7*" that might be the last one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*