How Are You Preparing for the next Panic Farm?

Because we all know they are gonna drop the requirements for Rey's Hero Journey on us 10 days in advance and most likely release Veteran Han and Chewie the same day as 2 of the 5 required characters.

And you have to know at least one of them is getting a cantina node, even though it's been quite some time since anything was added to the GW or Arena stores.

Replies

• I'm stockpiling gw,arena,cantina currency and finishing FOST and Kylo for BB8, i won't spend crystals on vets
  • Szelenas wrote: »
    I'm stockpiling gw,arena,cantina currency and finishing FOST and Kylo for BB8, i won't spend crystals on vets

Think we will have time to farm one off of a cantina node if one toon drops there? I have enough currency saved in every store to max a toon in any of them, I'm just worried about finishing a toon in time there. I barely finished OB for the CLS event.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I am hoarding the currencies and buy their shards up to 5* to avoid the RNG on panic farm. It is an insurance at 12800 crystals (around 20 days daily income of 650 crystal with both arena) but the cost of missing LightSaber Rey would be much higher for my fun.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    The biggest issue is if the Millenium Falcon is required and if the veterans appear in hard nodes, in those case I am owned and the forum will riot.
  • I have my Resistence (including BB-8) and First Order toons all at 7 stars, and also strong (Z Finn, Z Phasma, Z G12 Kylo). So in my mind I have the idea that I'm prepared....
    But....
    If they will be so perfidious to make the two Veterans necessary to unlock a new game-changing Rey, probably a panic farming will not be enough without spending money....
    So I've decided to remain calm, and wait and see....
  • My Rey is ready. BB8 is missing his last star (FOST almost there for next event). Currently farming Finn with 3 cantina refreshes per day. And besides that I'm stacking crystals and different store currency to be able to farm the veterans as quick as possible in hop they put them to a store which is not Guild of Fleet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hoard until i know more. If it's reasonably doable i'll go all in. I enjoy a good panic farm =)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Im farming:
    Full First Order for BB8
    Scavanger Rey
    Finn
    Poe
    and Millenium Falcon, just to be sure ;) Vet Han and Vet Chewie as well when they are put on farm..
  • Once I finish FOO from Cantina I’m stocking up on currency. Currently spending my 200 crystals a day to finish Finn then I need to get Kylo done. Will pick up FoTP from the fleet store and daily logins. I’m 30/100 on Finn. 10/100 on kylo. 0/100 on FOST. That’s gonna be my problem area I think.
  • I don't feed €A any more money, since we are only able to obtain these event toons if we buy them. I don't even try to get them at the first time.
  • Why are people talking about ships?
    Was there a ship needed for cls that I don't know about?
    I'm stockpiling gw,arena,cantina currency and finishing FOST and Kylo for BB8, i won't spend crystals on vets

exactly this :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Fatzke wrote: »
    I don't feed €A any more money, since we are only able to obtain these event toons if we buy them. I don't even try to get them at the first time.

What makes you say that? Has there ever been a "hero's journey" event character that you couldn't get without spending money?
  • I've learned my lesson. I'm not panic farming, and I'll either get Lightsaber Rey or I'll be fine with not having her. I'm not anywhere near the top in my arena right now, and there's no reason to think I'll move much once she hits. The same people that farmed for Luke will farm for Rey, and they're all ahead of me right now anyway. No point in this farm, for me.

That said, I already have Rey, Finn, and Poe. I'm working on First Order for BB-8 anyway, and I'll get the veterans at a reasonable pace when they're farmable. If that gets me Rey, awesome.
  • Already have, bb8, rey, finn at 7* got a 6* vs han and 5* vs chewie. Using arena's crystals for shards from shipments when I can. Hopefully won't be much of a panic farm.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Why are people talking about ships?
    Was there a ship needed for cls that I don't know about?
    There was no ship needed but CLS because he didn't Pilot a X-wing until after he left Hoth. Rey on the other hand, flew the Millennium Falcon with Finn for their escape on Jakku. We're likely to meet up with Vet Chewy and Han, fight off a few FO Stormtroopers with FN-2199 (the baton storm trooper) and finish it off with fighting against Kylo with a lightsaber. But that's all speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

This. If they make the vets required without making them viably farmable despite well saved resources of every kind, they are basically announcing "kitten f2p and guppies - this is now a p2w game" in which case my decision about Rey (and this game) will become clearer.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Stacking all currency. The vets are the hardest part. Where are they going? Also saving gear and zetas.
  • I'm not going to worry. I have Rey, I have BB8 and Finn (and resistance), I'm currently passively farming the Falcon.

If I need Veterans then I just won;'t unlock Rey. I can live with that - I will just wait for the next time she comes around. I didn't get Thrawn the first time, I'm not going to plough money into the game to get a character as soon as they're released.

Gives me time to see if they're worth it.

Besides I'm focusing on DS at the moment for when the DS TB is released.

I'm playing the long game - don't need every new shiny thing here and now... just like tech. I don't always need to be an early adopter.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Szelenas wrote: »

This. If they make the vets required without making them viably farmable despite well saved resources of every kind, they are basically announcing "kitten f2p and guppies - this is now a p2w game" in which case my decision about Rey (and this game) will become clearer.
    I'm not too worried that will happen tbh. Recent events did however lower the bar of what is reasonable to expect. Especially the chimeara event, but i'm not entirely sure if it was reasonable to expect to be able to get a 7 star chimeara in the first place since all other capital ships were also max 6* at the time. bb8 was probably the most difficult legendary event to date and also the most recent. One could interpret this as a trend that all events increase in difficulty, making it less and less likely even for well prepared f2p players to get max rewards.
    We will just have to wait and see. I certainly won't become a p2p player just to get Rey, that's for sure.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Szelenas wrote: »

Think we will have time to farm one off of a cantina node if one toon drops there?

Sure, if you're willing to spend enough crystals on refreshes. If one is a cantina node, there will likely be double drops for a couple of days. It might require doing the 200 crystal refreshes as well as the 100.
  • Spending the crystals I get from arena and ship arena on the Veterans. I’ve almost got Han at 5* and Chewie is on his way.
  • I am Smaug accumulating a huge hoard of treasure
  • I’m going to contently farm for CLS and other known characters. I refuse to “panic” which is what the developers want. I’d prefer to excel at the game of real life and keep as much money in my own pocket.

This
  • By canceling my credit card. No need to spend money if it's impossible to catch up