BB-8 Team Requirements?

I would've posted this under Guild and Player events but there's no sub-forum for it.
How hard should it be to get BB-8 to 7* if I have all at g8 and level 85? I assume the event isn't as hard as thrawn, but I'm curious if there's something else I need to make sure I have to be ready. I know BB-8 coming back hasn't been announced yet, but since Hero's Journey Rey is coming in December/January (whenever they actually do it)I'm preparing for BB-8 since he'll likely be needed (and he's useful for resistance). Responses are appreciated.
Ally code: 357613281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/

Replies

• Put a zeta on Kylo and you’ll win eventually, regardless of gear level—spam Outrage. The more gear your folks have the easier and less RNG-dependent it becomes, but a zeta is all you need (and will help you in HAAT after).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Looking into this recently seems gear 8 is fine. Use Kylo special (and FOO tm ability) to keep bb8 stunned best you can.
  • All of these are the same, idk why people keep asking this....

Simple answer for all events gear to mods ratio, better mods means less gear gVIII is fine if you have good or better mods
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Put a zeta on Kylo and you’ll win eventually, regardless of gear level—spam Outrage. The more gear your folks have the easier and less RNG-dependent it becomes, but a zeta is all you need (and will help you in HAAT after).

Is it possible to do without the zeta? I'm not super able to farm zeta mats right now, and I wanted to save what I have for Finn. If not, I can still get the zeta on him, I'm just curious if you can do it without any zetas, just omegas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to strategy section

This is a question about the BB8 event. Why would you move it to arena strategy instead of events?
    Put a zeta on Kylo and you’ll win eventually, regardless of gear level—spam Outrage. The more gear your folks have the easier and less RNG-dependent it becomes, but a zeta is all you need (and will help you in HAAT after).

Is it possible to do without the zeta? I'm not super able to farm zeta mats right now, and I wanted to save what I have for Finn. If not, I can still get the zeta on him, I'm just curious if you can do it without any zetas, just omegas.

Don't use the zeta. Try to do it without it, eventually you'll get it. I didn't have th zeta, but my pilot was gear 11

Don't use the zeta. Try to do it without it, eventually you'll get it. I didn't have th zeta, but my pilot was gear 11

Thanks! I know its a bit ahead of time, but I'd rather be prepared months in advance and get him, he's useful for hAAT considering how well resistance does on that.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    NicWester wrote: »

Probably. Unfortunately I don't know what you can get away with because I had Kylo Ren at g11, which made the event pretty trivial. The rest of my characters were g8 (Phasma MIGHT have been g9, she's definitely 9 now, but I can't remember if I bumped her up before or after the event) and my mods weren't good at all, but all abilities were omega'd. (Phasma wasn't zeta'd).

I can say that I lost a couple folks in the final stage and thought I was going to lose, but then was able to Onslaught spam and keep healing.

Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • T7.
    Foo: lv80, g8, 234 speed, both specials omega.
    Kylo: lv72, g8, 195 speed, basic/outrage/unique lv7.
    Fotfp: lv72, g8, 179 speed, 216% cd, basic lv7.
    Phasma: lv72, g7, 176 speed, leader lv7.
    Fost: lv72, g7, 114 speed, special/unique lv7 (didnt help me at all).
    Eveeyother skill not listed were at lv3-5.
    Kill order: rey, han, chewie, finn, bb8.
    Stun bb8 when possible until rey, han and chewie are dead, then stun either finn or bb8
    Use marching orders on fotfp to obliterate everybody with his basic, if fotfp is dead give it to kylo

this is what i used
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194