zVader arena viable?

Prev13
The weakness for zVader to apply DoTs is tenacity up. What do you guys do to make him more viable in arena? I can think of speed (of course) and perhaps potency increases. Is that it? Perhaps use speed and potency mods that concentrate on those as primary and secondaries?

Replies

• Or a aoe cleanse to remove the tenacity up. But honestly zvader in arena isnt viable in the end game right now. It may work for you for a while based on how your arena shard is but I havent seen a vader in arena in months
  • who provides an AOE cleanse that can remove tenacity up? I am seeing what you're seeing. Wiggs/Chaze w/R2 seems very viable still. I have all but Baze and would need to gear them up.

The other thing is if I speed up EP to stun them but even he has a maxed out speed that won't rival Leia, Dooku, Chirrut at top tier arena. I am just trying to stay relevant in top 200. Perhaps from dark side, use TFP's ability debuff?
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    who provides an AOE cleanse that can remove tenacity up? I am seeing what you're seeing. Wiggs/Chaze w/R2 seems very viable still. I have all but Baze and would need to gear them up.

The other thing is if I speed up EP to stun them but even he has a maxed out speed that won't rival Leia, Dooku, Chirrut at top tier arena. I am just trying to stay relevant in top 200. Perhaps from dark side, use TFP's ability debuff?

Baze, Ventress or B2.

To the OP, Vader isn't viable in arena right now. He's too slow and doesn't hit hard enough.
  • thanks to both replies. I get it on Vader's non-viability. sigh...just trying to make my zeta work. Oh well, he should still be good in P2 AAT (maybe HAAT) and GW.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    who provides an AOE cleanse that can remove tenacity up? I am seeing what you're seeing. Wiggs/Chaze w/R2 seems very viable still. I have all but Baze and would need to gear them up.

Baze, Ventress or B2.

To the OP, Vader isn't viable in arena right now. He's too slow and doesn't hit hard enough.
    DT has an AOE dispell as well.
  • Cool. I only have Ventress for now but she's a ways from arena.

Re: Baze, for my server I see 5* and know that it's a toss-up. >5* is difficult with Chirrut's tenacity up. If my Boba (185) can apply ability block, it's a good thing but if not, Chirrut puts up a roadblock. If I can withstand the initial onslaught, I can get to 2nd/3rd wave, I'm in good shape as Vader has tank health/protection and Boba can revive.
  • In top end arena, zVader is not viable at all.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The weakness for zVader to apply DoTs is tenacity up. What do you guys do to make him more viable in arena? I can think of speed (of course) and perhaps potency increases. Is that it? Perhaps use speed and potency mods that concentrate on those as primary and secondaries?

Use TFP to remove enemy TM, use Thrawn's speed to give Vader 100% TM/to stun everybody with Palps lightning/to use DT Grenade and increase the cooldowns on Rex/Chirrut
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

Use TFP to remove enemy TM, use Thrawn's speed to give Vader 100% TM/to stun everybody with Palps lightning/to use DT Grenade and increase the cooldowns on Rex/Chirrut

This. Also, not every ones arena is the same - if you need to run Vader for now, then run him while you work on a better team. If you feel you need to stay with him then @ElleMadara as your current future.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • kevsmart wrote: »

Baze, Ventress or B2.

DT has an AOE dispell as well.

Logray is an interesting option too, 3 turns dispell CD and confuse does wonder against CLS leads.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ElleMadara wrote: »

This. Also, not every ones arena is the same - if you need to run Vader for now, then run him while you work on a better team. If you feel you need to stay with him then @ElleMadara as your current future.

Thanks pal, my team may not be the best, but l love it, l am top 60 on Arena, l run zVader lead g12, Thrawn g12, Palpatine g11, Death Trooper g11 and Shoretrooper g11 (sometimes l swap Shore for TFP), l am the ONLY player on my shard that uses zVader and stays on the Top 100 every place is flooded by CLS, Han, R2 teams but l dont like Rebels, l stay with the Empire.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    T-up and rebel counter metas are too good for zVader.
  • Everything is arena viable if you don't care about rank.
  • Ntz
    15 posts Member
    Background: I'm f2p and been playing for 11 months. I place between 90-110 each day with Zader. Usually fall to 120-160 over night. Try to avoid CLS if ican.

I run Zader, 5* Sith Assassin, 5* Nihlus, Zavage, and D. Maul

As stated, Tenacity up is the key. If I can drop Zader's debuffs before Tenacity up, I almost always win. If Tenacity up goes up on all the toons, I'm in big trouble. I do the following:

Sith Assassin goes first and pumps my teams TM
    Maul goes next and does his AEO. This gives me to 2 chances. Zader TM reduction or if daze sticks churrit wont give tenacity
    nihlus aoe goes giving me one more shot at TM reduction
    if churrit goes next.... big trouble.
    if Zader goes next im likely to win

not going to get me top 50, but easy 75 to 100 crystals a day
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

Thanks pal, my team may not be the best, but l love it, l am top 60 on Arena, l run zVader lead g12, Thrawn g12, Palpatine g11, Death Trooper g11 and Shoretrooper g11 (sometimes l swap Shore for TFP), l am the ONLY player on my shard that uses zVader and stays on the Top 100 every place is flooded by CLS, Han, R2 teams but l dont like Rebels, l stay with the Empire.

I too an only non-CLS/Rex/GK lead (much less DS) in a very early shard's top 50. Love seeing Vader still represent. Vader was my first zeta, and I ran his lead nonstop from that day until Thrawn's first event. He still gets constant use in AAT, Pit & GW though.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

Good team. I would replace Palp by Sith Assassin. In a usual CLS team, Han starts first and he will stun Thrawn (on defense). Adding SA allows you to have a second source of TM gain for Vader, allowing you to apply those DoTs before CLS applies buff immunity on ShT.

You either swap TM using Thrawn on Vader or use Dark Shroud of SA to increase Vader's TM of 24%.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

Good team. I would replace Palp by Sith Assassin. In a usual CLS team, Han starts first and he will stun Thrawn (on defense). Adding SA allows you to have a second source of TM gain for Vader, allowing you to apply those DoTs before CLS applies buff immunity on ShT.

You either swap TM using Thrawn on Vader or use Dark Shroud of SA to increase Vader's TM of 24%.

That is a cool idea, l might add my 7* g11 Nihilus to that squad
  • Faa
    123 posts Member

BulYwif wrote: »

That is a cool idea, l might add my 7* g11 Nihilus to that squad

It's important to have Thrawn slightly faster than SA against non-Rex teams. If facing Rex SA should be faster, as Fracture gives them up to 4x 7.5%/15% TM and Tenacity up will go off.
  • I would not try to make Zader work again, there are other much easier comps to try to work on instead I think.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    If you want AoE buff removal, deathtrooper is the obvious choice for an Empire team.
  • Grommit
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I run Zader, Zavage, Zid, EP, TFP and stick around 200 each day. OLD shard, everyone below 200 is G12 with Rex/CLS/GK etc etc. typically whale meta.
    I know its not great, but they are my better geared toons (other than clones, useless in arena) so I make do.

I love my Zader, him and Zavage were my first Zeta's. Now I'm just building a Resistance squad to tak over for my zader arena team.
    I use the kitten out of my zader team to solo P1 HAAT and teebotine P3, and zader squad P2 etc etc though so Im still super happy with his zeta.
  • I used to run Thrawn (L), Vader, DT, ShT and DN. I could still take #1 when I switched to Vader lead. That was before CLS came out though.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I used to play zVader as a lead in Arena. Top150 that was the best what I could do. I switched to Thrawn lead. Same team. I got 37 rank today. So zVader is not so good in Arena right now.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I swapped from zVader, boba, death (triple execute strat), zSolo, STH a couple months ago because I just could not outspeed the Tenacity up from the gazillion Rex and chirrut in my shard. I would be in the 180-120 range.

I moved to zThrawn, Shore, Death, zSolo, TFP since then and have been much better. Helps prevent stealthers (zMaul, R2), block GK auto taunts, wipe T-up and other buffs, put out heal blocks for zBarriss.... I built this team to be versatile off of theory. Anyways, have been arena 95-51 (all time best) last month. I get wrecked by speed mostly now not from mechanics when I was using zVader. Unfortunately the counter mechanic every person with CLS/rebels is my greatest weakness when I don't have crit immunity out.

With max gearing and better mods (my biggest issue for arena right now), this is a top 10 team IMO. even in current meta.
  • Don't listen to this. Zadar is definitely a viable leader. I finish first in my shard every day and crush the CLS meta. I run Zadar lead, DN, Thrawn, Kenobi and R2. Im probably the only person on my shard that runs it and I have for quite some time. I am certainly not F2P, and have good mods which maybe make this more viable than a FTP but its definitely doable.

Go heavy protection on GK.. Make thrawn the fastest, fracture whoever (normally Zolo), Smoke screen to GK, Dots from Zadar (put him ahead of DN), DN steal, the rest goes from there.

Potency doesn't matter because almost everyone runs CLS lead now instead of Rex.

As someone above stated, SA works really well with Zadar lead to speed him up but for me to finish at the top there is no spot for him when fighting CLS leads as you have to have R2 in there for the smokescreen or you will get destroyed due to the AOE retaliation.
  • Don't listen to this. Zadar is definitely a viable leader. I finish first in my shard every day and crush the CLS meta. I run Zadar lead, DN, Thrawn, Kenobi and R2. Im probably the only person on my shard that runs it and I have for quite some time. I am certainly not F2P, and have good mods which maybe make this more viable than a FTP but its definitely doable.

Go heavy protection on GK.. Make thrawn the fastest, fracture whoever (normally Zolo), Smoke screen to GK, Dots from Zadar (put him ahead of DN), DN steal, the rest goes from there.

Potency doesn't matter because almost everyone runs CLS lead now instead of Rex.

As someone above stated, SA works really well with Zadar lead to speed him up but for me to finish at the top there is no spot for him when fighting CLS leads as you have to have R2 in there for the smokescreen or you will get destroyed due to the AOE retaliation.

All things being equal (mods), same team under CLS lead is much stronger.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Vader's natural speed is too low. You won't be able to make him faster than the enemy Rex, Chirrut, GM Yoda etc. Instead you need to make sure, that your TFP moves first. Ability block on enemy Rex with buff immunity on the rest is your best bet.

...or deathtrooper obviously.
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    As stated above, ZVader is still very much viable he just cant be the meta. It all depends who you are against example against CLS, not that much, BUT against GK, Zariss, R2, Nihilus (and who else) YES. TFP, Zid, SA, Thrawn any of those to gain or make enemy lose TM and watch them melt. TFP+Zid is nice combo since they are one of the fastest toons to let you start first to apply debuffs and remove TM. Of course if RNG totaly rekts you then bye bye.
  • Thanks for all the helpful and great answers. I am f2p and don't expect to be meta so extending zVader's arena viability is what I'm looking for. My team seems viable for now to be 175-275 ranking. My easiest path from above is to add TFP (halfway to 7*) to arena. Right now, it's zVader (g10), Tarkin (11), Boba (10), Biggs (10, included for damage/assist), EP (6*, 10). I like that TFP can be added and makes sense due to speed on buff immunity. May remove Biggs to further the empire synergy. I have a 5* Thrawn but would have to improve Phoenix to get 7* Thrawn which also seems to be another bridge for viable arena team. At that point, it's probably Boba or EP out. I also expect to 7* EP so maybe Boba, though I like his damage and ability block. From this, then interim step is zVader, Tarkin, Boba, EP, TFP. Eventually work in Thrawn and remove Boba?
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Don't sweat a 5 star thrawn. I'd knock that EP outta there immediately though especially if you already have Thrawn. He's a MUCH better toon even at 5 star and lower gear. You'd probably be better off moving your best toon to lead (tarkin) despite vader's Zeta as you're going to get more control from Tarkin and the potency boosts than your chance at TM removal and the dots from zVader.

And worth considering reorganizing like this:
    Tarkin (L), GAT, DV, Boba, TFP

@GulSkiVader

Edit: don't drop boba until you've got really several REALLY GOOD toons. Like thrawn, DN, GK, R2, CLS good (or a top notch synergized squad). He's the best mid level standalone toon in game.