Any plans for fix for iOS 11 restarts?

Mods, you’ll likely move this, but maybe you can point the base in the right direction with hopefully any knowledgs of EA/CG fixing the issues with all the iOS 11 restarts. Thx!
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• BinBetter
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't believe this is a SWGOH unique issue in my experience. I'm using an iPad 5th gen and I have Discord dump itself and restart along with other apps.

Currently running 11.0.3
  • I agree it’s not swgoh issue, all apps seem to do it
  • An update just came out for 11.1, installing it now; with any luck it addresses the issue.
    Release notes below:

Accessibility
    • Improves braille support for Grade 2 input
    • Improves VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs
    • Improves VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications
    • Improves VoiceOver rotor actions menu when removing an app from the App Switcher
    • Fixes an issue for some users where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing
    • Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would always return to default action in Mail
    • Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would not delete messages

Other improvements and fixes
    • Adds back support for accessing the app switcher by pressing on edge of display with 3D Touch
    • Fixes an issue that caused cleared Mail notifications to reappear on Lock screen
    • Fixes an issue in enterprise environments that prevented data from being moved between managed apps
    • Fixes an issue with some 3rd-party GPS accessories that caused inaccuracies in location data
    • Resolves an issue where settings for Heart Rate notifications were appearing in Apple Watch app (1st generation)
    • Fixes an issue where app icons were not appearing in notifications on Apple Watch

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: <https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222&gt;
  • I agree it’s not swgoh issue, all apps seem to do it

I’m not having those issues here, besides swgoh and Discord. Both appear to struggle on iOS 11, and really have done since the betas (Discord having got marginally better).
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree it’s not swgoh issue, all apps seem to do it

Reality is, it is a SWGOH issue, just like it’s a Discord issue. They haven’t adapted their apps to run seemlessly with the new OS. That’s why Apple has beta programs for months on end, with toolkits, so app developers can update their apps to work without issue. Discord has released a couple updates to help, but has admitted the issue lies in their code.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Its an swgoh issue, it was never a problem before ios 11. And other games/app i run dont have this problem. Ye discord, but that also has this issue in ios 9 and 10. So please fix this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report all bugs and issues here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

As per Kozi's post about the move to EA Help
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/136649/bugs-and-issues-has-moved-to-answers-hq#latest

Any discussion here really doesn't help the issue, it needs to go the correct path for this to be logged.