Level 70 - Some 7* - when to Swap In Daka or Rey for Arena?

Current roster for Arena:

Phasma 7* (leader)
Sid 7*
Lumi 7*
Talia 6*
Dooku 5*

All Level VIII (and some IX) gear
Total Power 25,700

Daka is about to hit 5* and Rey is ready to activate. My question is at what point would you consider swapping Daka in (and for who?) I like the idea of dropping her in for Talia, but should I wait until Daka hits 6*?

My thinking is this:
With Phas's leadership bonus, Daka could proc on a Dooku or Sid attack (both have high speed) to add a stun. But at only 18%, is it worth it? My concern is that at 5*, she wont even see her actual turn (on defense - vs. the AI she might). Similar thinking to Rey. She can pack a powerful punch - and even nice if she gets a proc early - but at what * level does she become viable vs. just a "take me out with your first shot" toon?

The server is fairly mature (top 200 in arena are all level 70 - most running all purple gear, 7* teams with an occasional 5-6* throw in - Daka, Dooku, Rey, etc.) I usually land somewhere between 50-75 at reward time - sometimes able to snipe into the top 50, sometimes not.

I have come across a few 4/5* Rey teams and simply used Dooku and Sid to kill her before she even gets off a shot. Many teams are running either Sid/Dooku as well or QGJ + Sid. Either combo easily brings down Rey before she fires.

Thoughts are appreciated.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Daka + Phasma leadership is so synergistic that you will love daka just a little too much. There's something to be said about the chance to use her stun attack twice in one turn, if you're lucky you stun two, which is half a team, and pick apart the opponent. She has a heal you might use once a game, maybe revive someone once in three games, so don't base her in Arena on the secondary ability. I started using her at 6* in arenas and it felt right, but with her speed so high you will get at least one attack from her even if she is starred lower.

Now Rey is starting to become known in Arena and people fear her. I got crit by her for 12.5k damage this morning, plus a couple 8k and 9k crits to take out half my team. Needless to say, she's good, but she has low health at any star. But I would say 5* would be a good starting point if you have Poe to taunt for her, or stun correctly with dooku
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Dakkon88 wrote: »
    Daka + Phasma leadership is so synergistic that you will love daka just a little too much. There's something to be said about the chance to use her stun attack twice in one turn, if you're lucky you stun two, which is half a team, and pick apart the opponent. She has a heal you might use once a game, maybe revive someone once in three games, so don't base her in Arena on the secondary ability. I started using her at 6* in arenas and it felt right, but with her speed so high you will get at least one attack from her even if she is starred lower.

Now Rey is starting to become known in Arena and people fear her. I got crit by her for 12.5k damage this morning, plus a couple 8k and 9k crits to take out half my team. Needless to say, she's good, but she has low health at any star. But I would say 5* would be a good starting point if you have Poe to taunt for her, or stun correctly with dooku

No Poe. I resisted the dark side ;) But thank you very much for the input.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*