Multiple Rancour Solos

So about 10-12 of my guild mates have got to the point where we can solo Rancour, including myself. Now I've been told by my guildmates that since everyone registeres the same damage the placing is randomized. However, suspiciously, some of the top hitters and most experienced members seem to always come near the top. Is there some trick I'm missing where you time out when you register the damage that gives you an edge as far as where you place. I've noticed that the first to register goes no. 1 of course but they get pushed down by the subsequent registers to a point. Then after enough people have posted their score, the last to register get randomly placed within the pack at the top. How long do you wait to post your damage, those of you in guilds like this? Am I overthinking it, or just unlucky?

Replies

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    100% random in my experience. Sorry.
  • Options
    MPac wrote: »
    100% random in my experience. Sorry.

But once you post damage, you can only go down in place never up.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Very true. Still, there is no rhyme or reason as to whether you go #1 or #20 at the moment you post.. very interesting theory though. Perhaps I'll try waiting and collect some statistics. (Although I accidentally posted 24 hrs in advance on the last one so im sitting out awhile... Bad communication on part of our leader)