Rex Lead Team

Delvorin
139 posts Member
edited November 2017
I just 7 starred Rex today and been slowly getting up his abilities and modding him. I was wondering if a Rex led team with Sun Fac, Kylo Ren, Boba Fett, Emperor would still be good today. I saw teams and videos from March and before and seemed like a lot of fun. Currently running Wiggs with Lando, Old Ben, Boba but wanted to try something different from other people on my arena server. Still trying to get Wedge to 7 stars and then was going to switch to Kylo after that. Also have 7 star Barriss if a healer would be better. I'm going to assume many will want to suggest Chaze, but don't have Baze yet. What do you guys think and any suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    This is a debuff based team and you will have a lot of trouble with Chirrut, Rex, GK and even R2, since they remove your debuffs pretty quickly. Imagine Rex or Chirrut puts tenacity up before you go. You will not be able to use Palp or Boba the first 2 turns, since you can not remove that buffs.

If you face those characters a lot, I guess you will have a hard time.
  • Options
    This is a debuff based team and you will have a lot of trouble with Chirrut, Rex, GK and even R2, since they remove your debuffs pretty quickly. Imagine Rex or Chirrut puts tenacity up before you go. You will not be able to use Palp or Boba the first 2 turns, since you can not remove that buffs.

If you face those characters a lot, I guess you will have a hard time.

Thanks for the reply. I've been facing mostly wiggs and sith teams. The higher ranked wiggs teams seem to all have chaze so yeah, would have a tough time there. Do you think rex lead with wiggs might be good against them?
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I ran a Rex, Boba, Kylo combo forever. You really need another dispeller, since you don't want to use Boba's execute just for that. I originally used Qui Gon, then DN. DN cool down increase and Boba 2 turn ability block can really mess with a squad's game plan. It's pretty vulnerable on defense though. Boba is soft, and Kylo's AI is still poor.
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    I ran a Rex, Boba, Kylo combo forever. You really need another dispeller, since you don't want to use Boba's execute just for that. I originally used Qui Gon, then DN. DN cool down increase and Boba 2 turn ability block can really mess with a squad's game plan. It's pretty vulnerable on defense though. Boba is soft, and Kylo's AI is still poor.

That's why I was thinking Sun Fac. Can taunt, has chance to counter, and his basic dispels. DN would be awesome but thinking I'll use crystals to get him later on. At the rate I get crystals, Probably would get 8 DN shards a week so think I'll finish up wedge and kylo and maybe go for B2 after for another dispeller and buff immunity. So many characters I want to work on.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    I used to run Rex, zKylo, Boba, EP, B2 for a long time with great results, before GK, DN, Thrawn, R2 and CLS replaced them. I have tried SF in place of B2 there. He's not bad, but B2 works better against Chaze/zMaul teams. With decent mods, this squad might get you to top 50. For top 20 and above, you will probably need those OP toons with good mods.

If you can share your collection (.gg account), it'll be a lot easier to help.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The toughest Rex teams i have faced include r2, chaze, dn.
    Thrawn somewhere in there can be tough too.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Well, I'll be working on chaze and dn sometime. I did try out Rex lead with old ben, boba, and wiggs and beat few teams today. But I'm not high rank at all, staying around 300-500 for the last months or so. But was fun as the opponent's boba started and crit on 3 of my guys with Death from Above and all my guys went before his after that. Just made a gg account and synced my goh account with it so should have that link for you guys soon.