Anyone using Ackbar, is he worth farming?

I am currently thinking of running a team with Ackbar, poogle, gs, sid and lumi. I am currently trying to farm Ackbar shards, but is it worth doing?

Interested to hear from anyone who runs him and any advice.

Replies

• Options
    I am predominantly F2P, if that matters, no 7* yoda here.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    IMO, not unless you are doing a rebel team and have Leia. I am not seeing what he adds to that team.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I do not have him but whenever I have gone up against him outside of a Rebel team I was not very impressed.
  • Options
    I've never used him myself , but I've seen people use him against me . He is good for turn meter advantage. If that's what you are looking for then I would say yes (sorry, I've never had personal experience)
  • Options
    Ok, so who should I farm from Sq, who will compliment above characters? I am currently level 62, with decent sid and lumi, average gs and poogle and Dooku that needs work!
  • Options
    I would skip Ackbar, I have him, if your talking about arena, he is not that much help in this go round, even with a rebel team. On paper with the speed he seems great but it does not pan out well. But if you already have some invested in him, he does help in GW as good back up. Maybe some others have success with him, but he sure is not even close to seeing a lot of action in the top 20 or so teams of arena, and as matter of fact when I tried him, and lost, I had to wait until people stopped attacking me until I could change team line up back to the cookie cutters ;-) didn't want to fall out of top 10, to chop at keeping 1 or 2.
  • Options
    So who should I farm in SA then Rockneee? To be honest up until 2 days ago, I was just playing with zero tactics, was using sid, vader, maul, chewie and lumi. Now been using sid, poogle, gs, daka and lumi, but still not sure what I am doing to be honest.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am confused at the minute.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't see anyone you like, one option is simply to save your tokens. Personally I am sitting on 22,000 of them at the moment. :)
    However if I may suggest.. you already have Poggle and GS. Getting IG-88 from Arena shipments and IG-86 from GW shipments (and other places, plus freebies this month) gives you a solid start on a droid team. Some folks also like Savage Opress, though I am not convinced quite yet of his effectiveness.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I have 86, no 88, as I read he is slow, see, I am confused, have maybe read to much and understood to Little! Will post my characters, if someone is willing to give me a point in the right direction?
  • Options
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-04-45-55.png
  • Options
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-04-46-04.png
  • Options
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-04-46-14.png
  • Nik_Zirlos
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I use Ackbar whenever I'm in GW and run across Vader. Nothing made me smile more in this game than watching all my characters get down to almost zero with tons of debuffs, then removing them all, getting everyone to full health, and completely negating the work the AI did :smile:
  • Options
    Darth Sid isn't bad (if he is not 7 starred for you yet) he is used quite a lot, not by me, but others have some success with him. This is of course talking about picks out of SA. You have some good ones, with what you been using now. To be honest, it's not good to always switch up unless what you have is awful, but rather slowly work them up, meaning gear, stars, level and specials, especially with F2P.
  • Options
    Thanks Rockneee, what I want to do is concentrate on 5 characters that compliment each other and am trying to ascertain, which to use and which can be levelled up F2P. I am also farming Barriss, as before coming on here, I thought she was Tip top?
  • Options
    Good for a rebel team, not much else right now

I'm farming him as we speak, but don't have him leveled.

One quick piece of advice based on your team, I would start to focus on just a couple (6-8) toons as you get to and above 60.

Not enough cash and resources to bring everyone along (I was in the same boat) I have a ton of heroes around 50 and regretted it when i realized I'd rather have the credits and training droids back as I went from 62-70 with no heroes within 2 levels of my team level because of lack of funds
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Toons?
  • Options
    Toons?

There are some terms interchangeable for characters, heroes, toons,

I didn't quite get it either, but it's used all over the place in the forums
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Rockneee wrote: »
    Darth Sid isn't bad (if he is not 7 starred for you yet) he is used quite a lot, not by me, but others have some success with him. This is of course talking about picks out of SA. You have some good ones, with what you been using now. To be honest, it's not good to always switch up unless what you have is awful, but rather slowly work them up, meaning gear, stars, level and specials, especially with F2P.

Problem about Sidious is everyone uses him. Its like everyone driving a Honda Accord. Not exciting anymore. I don't have Ackbar but I have seen him parred with Leia and he seems to do pretty well. IF your in the middle of farming him Id finish him
  • Options
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-04-45-55.png

I have never seen a 7* with blue gear. nice work on getting 7* :) im also jealous you have Darth Maul and Obi Wan. I wish F2P can get them and not just P2P
  • Options
    Barris is nice, but for very high arena, I just don't think so. You have Lum, and I would concentrate on her. Barris has her place, but for you, it would be a total recomp of char to work with her to me.
  • Options
    If u'r planning to build a rebel team, then it's worth it, but out of it it's not that good. Upgrande ur toon gears asap and since you have old ben, even if he s only 4 stars, if u wanna build a jedi team i'd suggest u to go for qgj in cantina shipments and put him as ur leader, so ur jedis get the 23+ speed up. If u wanna build a rebel team, then i'd suggest u to go hoth rebel scout in cantina ship, leia if u can earn her shards, and Han of course, so u can try Ackbar (L), Han, Hoth rebel scout, GS and Poggle, they re all fast toons even if u r not having high dps team for arena.
  • Options
    What is toons!
  • Options
    What is toons!

Tromedlov13 tried to answer this already. Toons is a term used to refer to a character in the game. I'm guessing it is short for cartoon.

It is interchangeable with character, or hero.
  • Options
    What is toons!

Toons=characters