Zeta Elites in Cantina / LS-DS story mode

Why am I facing Zeta Elite characters in Cantina battles? Who is making these decisions at EA/CG? At what point was the decision made that players who could reach content be slapped in the face with Zeta Elites when as a new player I don’t have any zeta characters and only have Defense, Health, and Tenacity Mods maxed out. What team can fight HK, Old Daka, Boba Fett, Jawa Engineer, and Ewok Elder? That 2 self res, 2 heals, a fracture, and their health and protection bars are beyond a normal buffed tank with 5* maxed mods. Their protection bars barely move and I had GS 9 Omega team.

If Resistance and/or Rogue One easy mode Cantina 8 without Zeta or an Empire/Sith Team is the way to go, please tell me. This seems like a ridiculous wall to keep players from developing ships, Death Trooper and other high end characters.

Replies

• Wait till you get to LS 9B. Cantina and DS is sooo easy ;)
  • Get better characters, gear and mods
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Everyone had to deal with it at some point and when that level first came out there was no where near the over powered toons/teams that there are now.
  • Ok, so this is a since release thing. I made an assumption it was a recent development decision made since high end characters, ships and gear are there.

So, in two years I should be able to unlock it unless I decide to use all my fleet tokens to buy Zetas and stop developing my fleets for the next 9 months.

I don’t mind facing a challenge, but Old End Game content is not End game anymore. These barriers make it impossible for new players to catch up. It’s amazing to me that the same people who made catch up easy for new players in Old Republic MMO are the same people making the wrong decisions in this game.

You can close the thread. I understand what I am facing now.
  • I know you said close thread but just a note, make sure you have some maxed cls,gk,thrawn etc in your ally list. That will help a ton with those
  • We all face the same thing deal with it like everyone else. Now if the up the difficulty via stealth patch that a different story
  • Don’t laugh but I am new and hear about zetas and omegas on the forums and no guides in the guide forum talk about this. What are they?
  • CapSix, they are the ability materials needed for the max levels of abilities
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    CapSix wrote: »
    Don’t laugh but I am new and hear about zetas and omegas on the forums and no guides in the guide forum talk about this. What are they?

They are the ability materials to open new skills. Farmboy Luke has a skill called draw a bead. It costs blue and green ability markers to level him to skill 3. Then you use pink ability chips to level him to skill 6 or 7. The next level at 7 is Omega Gold ability chips. The Zeta ability is a major feat requiring 40 pink chips, 20 gold chips and 20 zeta chips.

Omega are fairly easy to come by at 85. Zeta are rare. You can see a zeta in Fleet Store. Perstige chips(ship Omega)are in PvP Store.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Not important but you might want to get your eyes checked on those "pink chips" because everyone else seems to agree that they're purple.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    TVF wrote: »
    Not important but you might want to get your eyes checked on those "pink chips" because everyone else seems to agree that they're purple.

The toons ability 3 are solid pink. The ship ability 3 are solid purple. I guess it could be purple but you can compare them on the ship ability challenge. Regardless it is ability 3 chip
  • TVF wrote: »

You just diagnosed his colour blindness lolol