What gear crunch?

FYI if you feel there is a gear crunch just switch to a night sister team they are easy to gear and to get top 5 only requires a 2* gear 4 zombie...smh...devs really broke it this time the fact that acolyte and zombie are all you need to time out any team is absolutely ridiculous while iconic star wars toons like vader get swept under the rug and are trash imo the only good that will come of the night sisters is that everyone will run them #farmnightsisters

Replies

• 1 AOE character is all that is needed to beat nightsisters.
  • it's a good thing nobody has Baze, Deathtrooper, or B2 to take care of Acolyte.
  • All nightsisters do is make the arena more deverse. They beat cls single target squads. AOE squad's beat nightsisters. Cls single target beats AOE squad's. Nothing more.
  • Before this continues I know you only need 1 aoe my point is that a 2* gear 4 toon being top 10 viable is ridiculous!!!!!
  • Punctuation.
  • Tanbimb wrote: »
    Before this continues I know you only need 1 aoe my point is that a 2* gear 4 toon being top 10 viable is ridiculous!!!!!

What is ridiculous is that it took so long for a meta changing team. Why would you want 3 variations of the same team every....single....time. Repetitive and monotonous if you ask me. Baze can be put in a team at 3* and be viable, and when he first came out he was even better than he is now! You already got your answers for your problem..and they are infinitely easier than our solution to the Chaze combo.

Consider yourself lucky. SMH
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    You are right about zombie. It is just stupid mechanics that 2* toons with gear lvl 4 can be unbeatable tank in the game. Very stupid.
  • Personally, I think "Rock, Paper, Scissors" is a lot more interesting than "Heads or Tails".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gawejn wrote: »
    You are right about zombie. It is just **** mechanics that 2* toons with gear lvl 4 can be unbeatable tank in the game. Very ****.

Unbeatable is a stretch.... AOE, debuff, buff immunity and CLS can ignore taunt. That's just some basics to get around his mechanics.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    You are right about zombie. It is just **** mechanics that 2* toons with gear lvl 4 can be unbeatable tank in the game. Very ****.

Unbeatable is a stretch.... AOE, debuff, buff immunity and CLS can ignore taunt. That's just some basics to get around his mechanics.

But You need an aoe, most of the teams right now dont use it. I mean Rebels. Baze could be good for this plus R2, but I has be in the team. I saw just now a vid where acolyte plus zombie won against cls team with wigs r2 and thrawn. This is absurd. Zombie gear 6.
  • This works because the AI doesn't handle Zombie well (especially at such low power), so on offense it's easy to pick and choose teams that will do poorly. This sort of meta infiltration is a good thing, as it will force new comps to be devised that counter it, which will further shake up the status quo at the top of arena. But as noted, this is not a difficult strategy to counter, so don't expect those teams to last long. It won't be sustainable if they have to climb up from rank 200+ every day.
  • Its not that the NS team can beat current meta teams, its that the gear and star req is so weak, that any scrub can get top 10 while people who invested a lot of time and $$ are getting screwed. I dont mind if a 5*+/G10+ Zombie and Spirit can beat my team, but I have a problem that a free marquee event character at 2*/G4 scrub team can beat it.

~D
  • the gear crunch is HUGE, and if you think that NS can bring you that far, good luck. instead of gear crunch you'll have crystals crunch, wasting 150 crystals in order to get 500 is acceptable but not recommended.

gotta admit, even as a freaking crybaby that i am, that EA did really good job with giving us crystals in ships. that made me breath with crystals, getting 1000 a day while wasting 450-500 a day is great deal for me.
    but just like they understood that our crystals spending went to the roof with all the updates, they should understand that mass toons requires mass gear, and give us more gear, like they did with crystals.
    balance things out.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Barriss came back because of CLS, maybe B2 will come back because of NS. But for now, I don't see any Zombie on my shard. Still the usual CLS teams.
  • Tanbimb wrote: »
    FYI if you feel there is a gear crunch just switch to a night sister team they are easy to gear and to get top 5 only requires a 2* gear 4 zombie...smh...devs really broke it this time the fact that acolyte and zombie are all you need to time out any team is absolutely ridiculous while iconic star wars toons like vader get swept under the rug and are trash imo the only good that will come of the night sisters is that everyone will run them #farmnightsisters

One Zader will destroy your zombie/acolyte combo, so not sure what you're talking about them breaking the game and Vader being trash. smh.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    They beat the current meta that's it. A small change to your squad will beat them. I think it's funny how everyone is mad because there squad would need to sub in in a character. I know aoes are bad against cls lead squads so yes it's inconvenient. Mabe everyone should be mad that cls recks aoe squads instead of getting mad about nightsisters. Nightsisters just got there rework and are far from being meta. In 3 months they will be forgotten.
  • Maybe I'm missing it, but can't you use your NS team to climb the ladder but before you use your last attack for the day, switch out your team to a better defensive team? Isn't the last team you used the one that people have to attack? Seems like people forget that fact
  • HoodieDM wrote: »
    Its not that the NS team can beat current meta teams, its that the gear and star req is so weak, that any scrub can get top 10 while people who invested a lot of time and $$ are getting screwed. I dont mind if a 5*+/G10+ Zombie and Spirit can beat my team, but I have a problem that a free marquee event character at 2*/G4 scrub team can beat it.

~D

Any scrub? Like I got Ventress and Daka to gear 12 overnight, or 3 zetas on Ventress and Talzin. No, this team took a lot of investment. Investment in characters that for the past 2 years were terrible characters. All these meta chasers who only use the most broken overpowered characters they can find are now sore about NS character loyalist having some success... smh