Territory battles - Platoon deployment, epic fail

Prev1
GloriousFool
103 posts Member
edited November 2017
Recently they made changes to platoon deployment, so that you would not be able to deploy units that are a requirement for combat missions or special missions, which is very good.

But why on earth, would they add han solo (raid han) to the platoon deployments?!

We are talking about a raid exclusive character, the last person you would expect to see in platoon deploys and for phase 5 as i was doing platoon deploys, i saw 1 spot for han solo...

No mistake or portrait error/bug, raid han needed for platoon deploys, that is insane! Do they really expect everyone, to have a raid exclusive character ready for platoon deploys?

Replies

• many have 7* raid han, so this is not a problem for many guilds. the hardest platoon deployment is paploo, logray, and lobot.
  • ^ we had 2 raid hans today, 3 paploos and a logray. Thankfully we filled them but tomorrow with the 7* ewok requirements we are probably dead in the water..no telling what platoons hold but raid han shouldn't be that much if a surprise. He compliments everyone's team comps but hopefully thenguild can squeeze one or two out as a whole for the common good :)
  • Id add rex's ARC to the hard to fill platoon group.

My guild seems to have 1 or 2
  • My guild needed 11 lobots today
  • All valid points, except raid han, the point is that he is an exclusive character, meaning there is only one way whatsoever to get him, he is not farmable in the way that other characters can be farmed. It can take up to a year or more to get him to 5*, depending on how active your guild is concearning raids (personal experience).

I think it is unreasonable, to expect us to use him in platoon deploys, for many he is one of few characters, that can help you through combat missions, not many people have a vast and developed roster.

Many players, myself included, have focused on about 5 teams for raids and use toons among those teams for arena, as well as galactic war. They do not have the most optimal teams or any viable kind of meta team, so after grinding, patience and time, we finally have raid han... finally! YAY!

BOOM, we gotta use him for platoon deploys!

No matter what you say, "take one for the team", "someone else whom does not need him can deploy him", it is unreasonable.

Next thing they will do, is make hermit yoda a platoon deploy... funderful. >:(
  • Next thing they will do, is make hermit yoda a platoon deploy... funderful. >:(

No but he will be needed to unlock Jedi Luke - count on it.
  • No matter what you say, "take one for the team", "someone else whom does not need him can deploy him", it is unreasonable.

I think you are extrapolating too much. General Kenobi is not currently required for TB platoons, and he is a raid exclusive character. There is no reason to think Hermit Yoda will be a platoon character.
  • I am curious when the vets get added to platoons though, possibly when they hit a farming locations other that shipments.
  • I think you are extrapolating too much. General Kenobi is not currently required for TB platoons, and he is a raid exclusive character. There is no reason to think Hermit Yoda will be a platoon character.

Extrapolate? That implies that i am deriving a conclusion from my view of TB, some kind of intent or motive out of something that is harmless or neutral, am i right in that is what you mean by that comment?

In which case, what in the world are you talking about? Of course they will add both of those toons to platoon deploys at some point, they added raid han to it. And still, as i have said before, it is unreasonable. It is actually easier to get CLS, than to get raid han, i have CLS in my roster and i still do not have raid han at 7*, i have played this game for more than a year.

They are EXCLUSIVE, completely unique, even legendary event toons could be considered farmable, but not raid han, gen. kenobi or hermit yoda. There is no normal way to get them, or pay for them.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    All valid points, except raid han, the point is that he is an exclusive character, meaning there is only one way whatsoever to get him, he is not farmable in the way that other characters can be farmed. It can take up to a year or more to get him to 5*, depending on how active your guild is concearning raids (personal experience).

I think it is unreasonable, to expect us to use him in platoon deploys, for many he is one of few characters, that can help you through combat missions, not many people have a vast and developed roster.

Many players, myself included, have focused on about 5 teams for raids and use toons among those teams for arena, as well as galactic war. They do not have the most optimal teams or any viable kind of meta team, so after grinding, patience and time, we finally have raid han... finally! YAY!

BOOM, we gotta use him for platoon deploys!

No matter what you say, "take one for the team", "someone else whom does not need him can deploy him", it is unreasonable.

So are you mad that he's not farmable or that he's important to your team? Lots of characters that are important to people's teams are required for platoons. TB is end game content and heroic rancor no longer is. Many people would have a harder time getting Baze than Han.
  • Liath wrote: »
    So are you mad that he's not farmable or that he's important to your team? Lots of characters that are important to people's teams are required for platoons. TB is end game content and heroic rancor no longer is. Many people would have a harder time getting Baze than Han.

Not at all the point, it is the principle of the matter. Exclusive is not possible to get in any way other than one, such toons should not be platoon deploy.

Baze? He is farmable completely f2p, sure it takes time and patience, but still much easier than both CLS and raid han.

Baze and CLS are not exclusive, they are f2p and p2p (the toons needed for CLS that is), raid han, gen. Kenobi and hermit yoda are not, only way to get them is massive guild coordinated grinding.
  • Q: I just started keeping track of each platoon requirements and I noticed that they changed from the previous week. Did anyone else notice or did i just miss something in the fine print??
  • Phase 6: Imperial Flank has a Rebels only mission, but platoons need a lot of Rebels, especially Phoenix Squad.. WTH?!?

(Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Kanan are good to use because they counter strike, dispell, and double up attacks...especially with NO pure rebel healers.)

• Recently they made changes to platoon deployment, so that you would not be able to deploy units that are a requirement for combat missions or special missions, which is very good.

But why on earth, would they add han solo (raid han) to the platoon deployments?!

We are talking about a raid exclusive character, the last person you would expect to see in platoon deploys and for phase 5 as i was doing platoon deploys, i saw 1 spot for han solo...

No mistake or portrait error/bug, raid han needed for platoon deploys, that is insane! Do they really expect everyone, to have a raid exclusive character ready for platoon deploys?

Saw a lot of platoon spots for Rebels in Phase 6 that a Rebels only mission.. They still things to fix..
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    They never said they were going to exclude all rebels when there's a rebel mission (btw there's always a rebel mission). They only excluded specific characters and sub-factions (Phoenix and rogue 1) when those are specifically required. The vast majority of platoon spots are rebels and that has been the case since the beginning.
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    Q: I just started keeping track of each platoon requirements and I noticed that they changed from the previous week. Did anyone else notice or did i just miss something in the fine print??

Platoon requirements are always different each time. Apparently you have been paying no attention at all.
    Liath wrote: »

Not at all the point, it is the principle of the matter. Exclusive is not possible to get in any way other than one, such toons should not be platoon deploy.

Baze? He is farmable completely f2p, sure it takes time and patience, but still much easier than both CLS and raid han.

Baze and CLS are not exclusive, they are f2p and p2p (the toons needed for CLS that is), raid han, gen. Kenobi and hermit yoda are not, only way to get them is massive guild coordinated grinding.

This is a matter of opinion (that it's wrong to include exclusive characters). My opinion is that including p2p characters is far far far worse than including raid characters.
  • GloriousFool
    103 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Q: I just started keeping track of each platoon requirements and I noticed that they changed from the previous week. Did anyone else notice or did i just miss something in the fine print??

Well the platoon deploys are pretty much random, some platoons need 11 lobot or 8 pao, so yeah, pray to RNGesus.
    Phase 6: Imperial Flank has a Rebels only mission, but platoons need a lot of Rebels, especially Phoenix Squad.. WTH?!?

(Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Kanan are good to use because they counter strike, dispell, and double up attacks...especially with NO pure rebel healers.)

But about phoenix squad, i get why they are deploys, they are not exclusive, they are f2p farmable. I do not know about you guys, but i do not have a problem with the current state of platoon deploys, except raid han being added to it, as well as gen. kenobi and hermit yoda if they add them to it later.
  • GloriousFool
    103 posts Member
    edited November 2017

The platoon deploys are pretty much random, some platoons need 11 lobot or 8 pao, so yeah, pray to RNGesus.
    Phase 6: Imperial Flank has a Rebels only mission, but platoons need a lot of Rebels, especially Phoenix Squad.. WTH?!?

Well phoenix squad are f2p farmable, TB is massive guild coordinated event, some have to "take one for the team", i do not know about you guys, but i am ok with that.

Just not raid han, or gen. kenobi and hermit yoda for that matter, they are not at all f2p or p2p, should not be expected to use them for platoon deploys.
    Post edited by GloriousFool on
  • Even though it hasn’t been a problem for my guild, I find it ridiculous that General Kenobi is exempt from platoons but Han Solo isn’t. Either both of them should be fair game or none.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Even though it hasn’t been a problem for my guild, I find it ridiculous that General Kenobi is exempt from platoons but Han Solo isn’t. Either both of them should be fair game or none.

I agree with the none part.
  • TB is end game content. Why wouldn't Han Solo be included? If you have the 150million TB needed for 45 stars this won't be a problem. 9 Lobots + 2 Han Solos is essentially the same as 11 Lobots or 11 Han Solos for most guilds under 25 stars. As your guild builds GP you'll have more 7* Hans and more options to replace him in combat missions when you need him for platoons.

With that said, General Kenobi should absolutely be added.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    TB is end game content. Why wouldn't Han Solo be included? If you have the 150million TB needed for 45 stars this won't be a problem. 9 Lobots + 2 Han Solos is essentially the same as 11 Lobots or 11 Han Solos for most guilds under 25 stars. As your guild builds GP you'll have more 7* Hans and more options to replace him in combat missions when you need him for platoons.

With that said, General Kenobi should absolutely be added.

The "TB is end game content", or "taking one for the team" arguments, are not valid. So what if it is end game content? That does not mean, that raid han and kenobi are easier to obtain, or that a new and old player alike, will not want them in their roster.

And again because they are exclusive, even if me or the rest of my guild have no problem with using raid han for platoon deploys (which we honestly do not, we "take one for the team"), that does not mean that we should, because he is not in any way obtainable like other characters in the whole game are, that is the point of this.
  • I don't understand why it's not valid. TB is end game content. End game players I've interacted with, and it's quite a few, aren't concerned about him being included. Can you explain to me why this isn't valid? I'm not understanding this, 'we can only get him one way so it's not fair' argument. You can only get Logray in the guild store so you have to complete raids to get him to 7*. A lot of raids. Why isn't he included in your argument?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I don't understand why it's not valid. TB is end game content. End game players I've interacted with, and it's quite a few, aren't concerned about him being included. Can you explain to me why this isn't valid? I'm not understanding this, 'we can only get him one way so it's not fair' argument. You can only get Logray in the guild store so you have to complete raids to get him to 7*. A lot of raids. Why isn't he included in your argument?

Because he can just pay for Logray instead. Characters you have to pay for are just fine to him, only characters that you can't pay for are a problem. How dare they include something in end game content that you can't just whale for!?!?!?
    I don't understand why it's not valid. TB is end game content. End game players I've interacted with, and it's quite a few, aren't concerned about him being included. Can you explain to me why this isn't valid? I'm not understanding this, 'we can only get him one way so it's not fair' argument. You can only get Logray in the guild store so you have to complete raids to get him to 7*. A lot of raids. Why isn't he included in your argument?

1) TB is end game content, because raids are not they are not difficult or important, is what i am guessing you are trying to say there. TB requires massive guild coordination, obtaining several characters and developing them, deciding which characters to be used for what, or which players focus on certain parts of the phase.

It is the same in raids, require massive guild coordination, if some players have trouble in a phase, then other stronger players deal with that phase, while you are obtaining and developing characters that will help you in raids, particularly HAAT.

Raids are as difficult as TB, TB is the next tier of difficult game mode, that is all. Both game modes reward you, with gear and shards that are exclusive to those modes.

2) Logray? As you yourself have pointed out, he can be obtained in the guild store, just like you can obtain shards of characters in shipments, packs, cantina store, arena store, galactic war store, fleet store and TB store. You generate currency for almost all of these stores every day, all characters can be obtained through either farming nodes or currency for the stores, or through real life money via crystals which you use in the shipments or the chromium packs.

But not raid han, general kenobi and hermit yoda, they are exclusive, not at all farmable or can not be bought, can only be obtained through massive guild coordinated grinding.

ALL other characters are easily obtainable, just takes time and patience, the 3 aforementioned are very difficult and time-consuming to obtain.

Lower lvl guilds struggle too much in TB, to the point where members quit the game, on account of the fact that TB takes too much of their time and focus, the game is no longer fun for them, raid han and kenobi can alleviate the pressure. Plus, as i have said before they are exclusive, because of these reasons, your argument is not valid.

1) TB is end game content, because raids are not they are not difficult or important, is what i am guessing you are trying to say there. TB requires massive guild coordination, obtaining several characters and developing them, deciding which characters to be used for what, or which players focus on certain parts of the phase.

It is the same in raids, require massive guild coordination, if some players have trouble in a phase, then other stronger players deal with that phase, while you are obtaining and developing characters that will help you in raids, particularly HAAT.

Raids are as difficult as TB, TB is the next tier of difficult game mode, that is all. Both game modes reward you, with gear and shards that are exclusive to those modes.

2) Logray? As you yourself have pointed out, he can be obtained in the guild store, just like you can obtain shards of characters in shipments, packs, cantina store, arena store, galactic war store, fleet store and TB store. You generate currency for almost all of these stores every day, all characters can be obtained through either farming nodes or currency for the stores, or through real life money via crystals which you use in the shipments or the chromium packs.

But not raid han, general kenobi and hermit yoda, they are exclusive, not at all farmable or can not be bought, can only be obtained through massive guild coordinated grinding.

ALL other characters are easily obtainable, just takes time and patience, the 3 aforementioned are very difficult and time-consuming to obtain.

Lower lvl guilds struggle too much in TB, to the point where members quit the game, on account of the fact that TB takes too much of their time and focus, the game is no longer fun for them, raid han and kenobi can alleviate the pressure. Plus, as i have said before they are exclusive, because of these reasons, your argument is not valid.

If you say you have cls, you should be able to solo the heroic rancor, hence get a lot of shards. If you're playing for a year and still don't have Han, I'd suggest you find yourself a better guild
  • The Pit Raid is not end game content. I think that's the flaw in your argument. Tier 7 was designed and released when level 80 was the cap. Many people can solo it. Many people can solo it on auto. Many people can even solo it with less than 5 toons. The Tank Takedown Raid is also no longer end game content. It was designed and released when gear tier XI was the max. Several people have shown that with a strong roster it can be run by one person (using several teams). Both of these have been made substantially easier by the release of toons like Thrawn, BB-8, and CLS. TB is replaced them as end game so it is perfectly reasonable to expect that completion of these mid game raids is a prerequisite for mastery of TB. It's not meant for lower level guilds. This is why it doesn't unlock until level 65.

I'm not following your Logray reasoning either since without raids you only produce a couple hundred raid credits put day making Logray a multi year farm but I think continuing this half of the conversation might be a tangent.
  • If you say you have cls, you should be able to solo the heroic rancor, hence get a lot of shards. If you're playing for a year and still don't have Han, I'd suggest you find yourself a better guild

Fair enough, and i have done that (finally got him to 6*, 7* no longer a dream).
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    The Pit Raid is not end game content. I think that's the flaw in your argument. Tier 7 was designed and released when level 80 was the cap. Many people can solo it. Many people can solo it on auto. Many people can even solo it with less than 5 toons. The Tank Takedown Raid is also no longer end game content. It was designed and released when gear tier XI was the max. Several people have shown that with a strong roster it can be run by one person (using several teams). Both of these have been made substantially easier by the release of toons like Thrawn, BB-8, and CLS. TB is replaced them as end game so it is perfectly reasonable to expect that completion of these mid game raids is a prerequisite for mastery of TB. It's not meant for lower level guilds. This is why it doesn't unlock until level 65.

You are like a broken record, TB is end game content, raids are not, so what? Does not mean that, raids are not as difficult. Let´s look at refuting santa claus: You explain to a child that santa can not be real, while the child argues for magic, you then explain every logical reason, the time it would take to travel around the world, chimneys, how many children in the world and so on and so forth.

The child adds flying reindeer and a magical sack... You see, the child has not picked apart your arguments, but simply added more magic to the argument, the child is essentially saying the same thing as before.

You have not added a new perspective or conclusion or whatever to the argument, you have essentially said the same thing as before... And about lower lvl guild thing, sure i forgot that low lvl guilds can not access TB, but guilds that can get fx 25 - 30 stars, many of them are struggling too much, as i mentioned many of those players have stopped playing, or are considering it, because of too much time and focus required. Again, raid han and kenobi can alleviate the pressure.

Not every player has a vast and developed roster.
  • Raids are not difficult. You're in the wrong guild. Han Solo in platoons is not a problem. Good luck with your crusade though Don Quixote.
  • Yes sure, and the world is flat, and lizzard people rule the world. Good luck with your quest to ignore real facts and sticking to your own alternative facts, cause there is not enough of that going around.
  • Han is the easiest farm in the game. Find a guild that raids every other day and you don’t have to spend a single resource to get him. He’s literally free.