Machine learning on Auto and Arena Defense

I am at a conference at Google right now, and it's amazing. One thing they are talking about a lot about machine learning. In short, the computer searches for patterns and learns and adapts thereby.
I know it's rather intense, but I'm wondering if there would ever be machine learning integrated for auto battles, whether we select Auto or if our Arena teams are on defense. It would be SO amazing if my teams still acted like me when I'm not active.

Replies

• Semi
    133 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Most of your fights might end in draw after 5 mins.....
  • Did you ever get the daylights saving time ever straightened out? I lost energy two days in a row because of the time difference.
  • The game doesn't change for daylight saving time - never has.
  • Weaver9000
    202 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Thay would be super cool. I could see that if EA gave them a massive boost in infastructutre and tools funding.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The problem is what systems like that storing data for all players to "learn" how you fight is a little crazy to think about. This would also be a little out there due to the permutations of teams you could make over time and the permutations of teams you will face over that same amount of time. not really sure how all that would work.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If it happened (and it won't for this game, but maybe some future game down the line) it wouldn't be specific to you. The AI would adapt based on a conglomeration of how all players across the board play in those situations.
  • EA already uses it for the business side of their games, which requires aggregating the telemetry data collected from all their players anyway, so it's not like collecting and storing data is an issue. Effective ML on a large scale is an expensive venture, and I don't see EA being the ground breakers on that front, or any front, for that matter.