Content Update 11/8/2017 [MEGA]

1789101113Next

Replies

• Woah I've warped into another dimension
  • Edward wrote: »
    I have 4 Set in reserve, it’s easy to farm and you only need 20 per set, not 50 like Mk 3 Carbanti, plus you can buy from shard and guild event store, worst you can buy from Shipments with crystals.

I have 30 characters I need them for! Carbantis are easy, they come in challenges.

• Is it just me or can't you guys see the first order relentless IV I am level 60 and have won I, II and III but I can't see number IV
  • Skynibbler wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm definitely not impatient since I started playing this game a couple months after it launched :) so most people who spend a lot of money buy the full gear from shipments?

I've noticed that someone will have a gear 12 character a day after they are released. Is it safe to say that, assuming I have the credits and training droids, $300 will take me to gear 12?

Most folks that have g12 same day hoarde their gear. And if they do not have they refresh stores until the gear piece they need shows up. They also get gear from the raids and TB. With a little pre-planning you can do that too. The part where most cash comes into play is from buying the character shards in packs to get them to 7* to unlock g12.

Also be aware that you don't need to buy all full the pieces. You may have pieces for them already in in that case just buy the parts seperatley to save some crystals.

Good luck, hope this helps and may the force be with you! :wink:
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    I'm confused, Kylo's Outlash says it can't do critical damage, but it does bonus damage for 50% of Kylo's critical damage. So if his critical damage was like 180%, he would only do 90% damage or he would do 100% regular damage and then 90% bonus damage, just not a classified as a critical hit? Wouldn't that make it more powerful than a critical hit?
    Normal damage is the baseline. Critical damage is 150% of normal damage, which means a 50% bonus. Without any other bonuses from mods Kylo Ren would do 125% of normal damage as AoE (half the 50% bonus).

So you’re losing a little damage, but gaining that bonus all the time, ignoring crit immunity, and bypassing on-crit effects such as General Kenobi or Bariss Offee. So your mileage may vary, but to me it’s a good tradeoff.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Arcaver wrote: »
    I'm confused, Kylo's Outlash says it can't do critical damage, but it does bonus damage for 50% of Kylo's critical damage. So if his critical damage was like 180%, he would only do 90% damage or he would do 100% regular damage and then 90% bonus damage, just not a classified as a critical hit? Wouldn't that make it more powerful than a critical hit?
    Normal damage is the baseline. Critical damage is 150% of normal damage, which means a 50% bonus. Without any other bonuses from mods Kylo Ren would do 125% of normal damage as AoE (half the 50% bonus).

So you’re losing a little damage, but gaining that bonus all the time, ignoring crit immunity, and bypassing on-crit effects such as General Kenobi or Bariss Offee. So your mileage may vary, but to me it’s a good tradeoff.

I guess it depends how you interpret the stat "Critical Damage : 150%".
    If you read it literally it'd mean that Kylo should get 50% of 150% as a bonus to his regular damage : 75% + 100%.

• I don't see the beef on the regular Kyle change. The steady damage is a vast improvement over RNG and he can navigate the Meta better. CG found a potential exploit before it went out and answered it in a pretty decent way. Plenty of things to come down on them for -- like the 2* marquee release... - but regular kyle is better.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • @CG_Kozispoon what's with the stealth adjustment to BB8 escape in haat? Expose damage no longer reduces the cooldown on his escape function, but this change was not in the update notes. I am ok with things being changed because they are not WAI, but to change things and not let the player base know is very uncool. Especially in cases like this where it can have a very significant effect on a player's ability to run various haat teams.
  • They said when they changed Escape to not reset with Kylo Ren taking damage that they don’t want cooldown reductions to affect Escape. If there was a bug where zeta Finn’s leader ability was reducing tge cooldown, it’s been fixed.

If you were using it while it was bugged you’re at least a little bit exploiting a bug.
  • Again, I have no problem with them fixing a bug, but they need to tell us.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Jaxom wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon what's with the stealth adjustment to BB8 escape in haat? Expose damage no longer reduces the cooldown on his escape function, but this change was not in the update notes. I am ok with things being changed because they are not WAI, but to change things and not let the player base know is very uncool. Especially in cases like this where it can have a very significant effect on a player's ability to run various haat teams.

Hiya!
    Seems in all the Update hubbub, this bug note wasn't listed. The following has been added to the main content update
    • BB-8:"Secret Intel" will no longer reduce cooldown of granted abilities.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Anyone else super disappointed? Why nerf Kylo to give us a weaker version of a toon that was already under powered ? Unmasked kylo hit's as hard as zarris . His blade is made from wet egg noodles.
    100 bucks well spent. Thanks Devs !
  • Well dont spend money before seeing if he's any good ?
  • You bought him for attack power? Did you read the kit or look at his tags before you spent?
  • He has one of best leader abilities in the game with an unavoidable stun. He's fine.
  • no not for attack power but i did not expect a 3500 damage basic attack
  • He's a tank. It's not his job to do damage. And, according to swgoh.gg, his basic does more base damage than 35 other toons. Not too bad for a tank. Still not worth spending money on though, but you should have known what you were getting into.

Amusingly, the original Kylo does less damage on his basic than the one you're complaining about.
  • Well, he's a tank, and you only spent $100 USD, so you have him at 4-5*?
  • Anyone else super disappointed? Why nerf Kylo to give us a weaker version of a toon that was already under powered ? Unmasked kylo hit's as hard as zarris . His blade is made from wet egg noodles.
    Yeah, why can't characters with enormous health and protection pools, near-permanent taunt, and 100% counterattacks while taunting ALSO have 10k damage? Huh? IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Anyone else super disappointed? Why nerf Kylo to give us a weaker version of a toon that was already under powered ? Unmasked kylo hit's as hard as zarris . His blade is made from wet egg noodles.
    Yeah, why can't characters with enormous health and protection pools, near-permanent taunt, and 100% counterattacks while taunting ALSO have 10k damage? Huh? IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?

Lol. Nicely played, sir.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Deathtrooper's deathmark is not unrresistable whatever the description states. It almost never works for mine even with an almost 90% potency.
  • What's up with the game updates dying on November 8th? Every month has about 4 or 5 every so often, this month's last one was 11/08.
  • fascizio wrote: »
    ZatyraJinn wrote: »
    Now, Ill first state that unmasked kylo looks amazing. Very well executed. But the question here is.. why? Im pulling my hair out over this. I understand they want to realease with the new movies and star wars content which is great. Cool. But its literally the SAME person. Force awakens had him masked and unmasked multiple times.. Adding more if the same is getting dull. Expand on the variety of the game. You can't hit every character in the star wars universe but get all the big ones. When are we ever going to get jango fett? Just as one example.

All the doubles are the same person, sure, but they've had significant character development that's changed who they are. Look at Han in the beginning of Ep. 4 and then Han in the final confrontation with Kylo/Ben. It's the same person... but he's completely different than he was. Until we see the movie there's no way of knowing if that's the case here. Maybe smashing the helmet is a key point in his character progression. Maybe (100% speculation) he ends up turning to the light again and that scene is the tipping point. Maybe he comes to the realization that he's not Vader and will never be Vader and this is the moment he truly begins to come into his own as his own person. Again, until the movie there's no way of knowing, so getting worked up over a free character at this point is jumping the gun a bit.

Its not me getting worked up over a free character its me geting worked up over the time theyve spent on something we already have
  • Holy moly. 11/21 update... Prepping Version Update. Is this the big one?
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    Holy moly. 11/21 update... Prepping Version Update. Is this the big one?

Just a money grab to get whales to buy the new Rey.