Arena Help

So a few weeks ago I was solid 120 -80 in the arena, and was taking #1 or top 5 in fleet. Right around the time I made gave my Thrawns unique a zeta, I started dropping. At first I thought it was because I tried a new empire team but even after switching to my old arena team, I'm still stuck. Last two days I've had to struggle just to stay in top 200 arena, and top 20 fleet. Only thing I can think of is people on my ladder must finally be getting their guys to G12. Of course I'm working diligently on that, but I'm only close to getting Wedge G12, and no clue about the rest. I was hoping to hear some advice. Link to my profile is in this post.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ponce104/

Replies

• Options
    I have a couple tips for you. I don't run empire but I do run Thrawn. He needs to be lightning fast. Mine is a pathetic 238 and I'm working on that. You don't even have a speed arrow on him. Try and get him above 210-220.
    Your tank is g8. Royal Guard might be empire but he is useless at G8. Also, you have a 3.88% health arrow on him? All RG needs is protection for arrow, triangle, cross, and circle. I would use st Han instead though personally.
    I would recommend you start farming death Trooper. He is a must-have in an empire squad these days. Death mark melts toons
    In reality you just need better mods and more gear. Hanging top 80-120 with a G9 Thrawn and a G8 tank is not possible. Try out my advice and let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    What mod set up do you recommend for Thrawn? I have a speed arrow I can take from Old Ben and give to him, but it's potency.
  • Options
    Put a speed arrow on all your toons, even many tanks, no matter if they are the wrong kind
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to run empire change kylo ren to second tank. Stormtrooper is very good. Max his skills and you will climb higher. Gear should be 10.
  • Options
    @ponce104 honestly the mod sets don't really matter as much as the primaries do. Optimally you would have a speed set on Thrawn but I'm not sure if you have 5 dot speed mods unlocked. Just make sure you have him at 210-220. The sets doesn't matter as much.

The faster you can fracture someone, the faster you can make the game a 5v4. First kill is very important
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I can farm speed mods, and did so today. Got a few decent ones, but none with good enough speed secondaries for Thrawn. I need to keep focusing on TFP though for fleet arena. I'm top 20 there and I was #1 for a couple of weeks, so I feel my efforts need to start keeping me viable there, so I'll keep farming him to 7*. After that, I might try and farm Death Trooper.

I did switch around my mods though and gave Thrawn a CC speed primary mod. His speed is 208 now. Seems to be helping. Also using my Gear 10 STH in place of RG now too. Thanks for the advice guys.
  • Options
    @Wearesyke just wanted to say thanks. My team has been doing alot better since I switched to STH and got Thrawns speed up. I've actually been getting around rank 80-60, which is better then before. Although my fleet arena is still hurting, I've got some things in the works to improve that. Thanks for the advice though.
  • Options
    Awesome @ponce104 glad to hear things are working out better for you! I got my Thrawn to 251 and it's making things very easy. I stay top 20 almost all day without fighting before my climb.