Phasma or unmasked Kylo better for FO leader?

With the release of the new FO toons, i am starting to level my FO squad

But which do you think is the better leader now?
Unmasked Kylo or Phasma

Replies

• Han(d)s down, Unmasked Kylo will be the better leader.
  • unmasked kylo have probably the best leader ability in the game.
    the main problem is that the FO faction isnt that strong...
    if you'd see this leader ability on Rebel faciton / Empire / Sith / Jedi, this forum would go absolutely mad.
  • Kylo. He solves the First Order speed issue they have. Though Phasma's is more fun
  • UMKylo, hands down. You cannot beat the speed, zeta heal, advantage spread, and THE TM GAIN (facilitated by tons of advantage spread). Phasma is but a distant memory.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Kylo. He solves the First Order speed issue they have. Though Phasma's is more fun

Yup that hits it on the dot. If you want to be competitive and in arena and stuff then go with unmasked kylo. But if you want to have fun in PvE and watch so many assists take place in good destructive fun then phasma easily
  • Unmasked kylo without a doubt but phasma should still be a key part of the team for victory march can't go wrong with spreding advantage more and the tm
  • ^not sure the loss in dps is worth the 3 CD advantage spread though. FOSFTP will spread defense down better and the crit synergies will spread advantage between the rest of the team automatically. I think they essentially eliminated phasma from any FO team except for non-competitive lead.
  • RogueOfTime
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Looking at them side by side you have:
    Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
    - 30 Speed
    - First Order Ally Critically Hits they gain 20% Turn Meter and have +40% Critical Damage
    - First Order Ally gains a status effect they regain 5% Health and 5% Protection
    Captain Phasma
    - When an ally attacks they have 20% to call an Assist, 60% chance to call an Assist if First Order
    - If the assisting ally had Advantage, they regain it for 2 turns.
    - First Order allies with Advantage can't be Critically Hit.
    - First Order allies gain Advantage at the start of an encounter for 2 turns.

Here's the thing. Kylo Ren (Unmasked) will let First Order teams go first more reliably which, when combined with the "when a First Order Ally crits they gain 20% Turn Meter", allows the team to take turns constantly until they burn someone down. Given that the First Order Team under Kylo Ren (Unmasked) will probably still be gaining Advantage and Speed Up buffs (as well as Taunt and/or Defense Up) they'll constantly be healing up all the while, and if Kylo Ren (Masked) is there he'll also be able to keep putting DoTs on himself which will proc the heal / protection boost as well. So as far as most content goes, Kylo Ren (Unmasked) is really, REALLY good.

((EDITED THIS SECTION)) Captain Phasma partially counters Kylo Ren (Unmasked) lead because she gives Advantage at the start which prevents Critical Hits, which means Kylo Ren's leader skill becomes "+30 Speed, First Order Allies recover 5% Health / Protection when they gain a status effect." So they won't be as Turn Meter abusive, but they'll still have the +30 Speed so... yeah. It could stop SOME of the momentum Kylo Ren (Unmasked) brings to the team, but that additional speed really skews things in Kylo Ren (Unmasked)'s favor. The Assist chance Phasma brings might give more DPS, but yeah. You have to take a turn first before it can be taken advantage of.

So all in all, if you're expecting a longer fight (such as higher tier Arena or Raids) use Kylo Ren (Unmasked). If you're doing something where you're expecting the battle to need to be shorter (or want it to be shorter) use Captain Phasma. This would likely be for lower tier Galactic War and farming Dark Side / Cantina Battles that are easy for you when you don't want to use tickets. So yeah. Captain Phasma is a farmer now and Kylo Ren (Unmasked) will be used for the most challenging content, so in the end Kylo Ren (Unmasked) is the better one I believe.
    Post edited by RogueOfTime on
  • KRU's leader zeta addresses FO's biggest problem: no team healing. And it addresses it in a big way. Whether or not this turns things around in arena, FO will now be entirely viable in DS TB, much more viable in raids, and fully capable of full GW runs.
  • No question, Kylo Ren
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ^not sure the loss in dps is worth the 3 CD advantage spread though. FOSFTP will spread defense down better and the crit synergies will spread advantage between the rest of the team automatically. I think they essentially eliminated phasma from any FO team except for non-competitive lead.

Possibly, but under UMKR's lead, Phasma's ability will give everyone Advantage and Tm, healing them up and allowing them to score more critical hits and thus gain more TM. FOSFTP will only incur mad counter-attacks through his AOE, since CLS is ubiquitous in the meta. A slight caveat to Phasma is that she also has an AOE, but at least her AI makes her prioritize using Victory March first. Honestly, they could just remove her AOE and she'd become a much better toon. Nevertheless, I think Victory March is worth it.

I'd like to see how Phasma fits, I think she'll be giving a nice boost to both Kylos. If everything works out, I'm planning on running a UMKR lead with Zylo, Phasma, CLS, and zFOTP. Be reminded that zFOTP will constantly be gaining Health and Protection back through Foresight and Advantage.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    KRU's leader zeta addresses FO's biggest problem: no team healing. And it addresses it in a big way. Whether or not this turns things around in arena, FO will now be entirely viable in DS TB, much more viable in raids, and fully capable of full GW runs.

i think u got carried away with gw comment - highly unlikely they would be able to clear on consistent basis 4 or 5 cls teams that often come up in such numbers in a single gw

• If you really do a breakdown, a zUK will benefit a FO team far more than Phasma. That being said, Phasma may not have to take the bench, she can still be a stellar support with advantage/TM boost (guaranteed crits for TM gain under UK lead) as well as the application of speed DOWN while FOSFTP applies speed UP.

The new FO is going to be a menace, and I can't wait. But to shortly and concisely answer your question, Unmasked Kylo will take lead best.