Shard Shuffle from the latest update?

I've been trying to go through the latest megathread, but it is all about KRU. However, I'm more concerned about the little blurb about "Shard Shuffle."

Has there been any clarification on this?

If it means: change location of character shards as many stores are quite stale now... awesome!

If it means: changing/merging arena shards... I think I'll take up sailing in my free time!

Replies

• I'm currently saving up across the stores in anticipation of this. The game desperately needs a reshuffle of sorts in this area.
  • I read that they are going to mix it up and update it with the next update. Maybe it becomes a reoccurring thing of updating it. That's why it's at that part of the update because it'll be there going forward?
  • So it's the "change location of character shards" option?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It means neither of those things. It's just a subtopic about character placement. eg logray has been placed in the guild store etc.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Hhm. In my shard lots of new guys showed up 1-2 weeks ago and they were definitely not in the top 100 before. I doubt they all changed their names or improved their squads significantly.

No idea if this has something to do with shard shuffle.
  • leef wrote: »
    It means neither of those things. It's just a subtopic about character placement. eg logray has been placed in the guild store etc.

this
  • Peer wrote: »
    Hhm. In my shard lots of new guys showed up 1-2 weeks ago and they were definitely not in the top 100 before. I doubt they all changed their names or improved their squads significantly.

Perhaps they got R2?
  • Previous update has shard shuffle as well.

I'll back away from the ledge now.
  • They do a shard shuffle about once per month. New character gets released. Wait 4-6 weeks. Then that character moves to shipments and chromium. Wait 4-6 more weeks. Then that character is placed in a f2p farmable location.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

This^^

Shard shuffle is the toons that move into or out of (to the next step in the release cadence ):
    - chromium
    - cantina/LS/DS node
    - GW/Arena/Fleet.... ext. Store
    - main shipment
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Peer wrote: »

It has nothing whatever to do with arena shards. The devs don't even call them shards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'd also like to note that the devs never refer to "leaderboards" as shards or servers. Somehow the entire playerbase calls leaderboards arena shards or arena servers for as long as i can remember. The devs always called those things "leaderboards" to avoid confusion. I guess it didn't work ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!