whats ahead......Make mine a double

Replies

• Also - from Kathleen Kennedy, (president of Luacfilm I think) : the new trilogy will be all new characters

seriously, if Johnson decided to give the fans what they ask for, and he has total control, don't you think an Old Republic trilogy is at the very least, possible?

No, theyve shown zero interest in straight adaptaions of previous works. They just cherry pick things here and there from legends materials and usually change them to fit the new cannon.
  • My guess it is a double QoL update.

• Jamesm wrote: »
    Also - from Kathleen Kennedy, (president of Luacfilm I think) : the new trilogy will be all new characters

seriously, if Johnson decided to give the fans what they ask for, and he has total control, don't you think an Old Republic trilogy is at the very least, possible?

No, theyve shown zero interest in straight adaptaions of previous works. They just cherry pick things here and there from legends materials and usually change them to fit the new cannon.

giphy.gif
  • NicWester wrote: »
    That's because, aside from Leef, you're all awful.

lol
  • Maybe it could be Guild vs Guild.
  • Guys, Revan won't be a player character. Everything about Revan--from appearance to skillset to even gender--was player choice. By putting Revan into the game you're wiping all that choice and removing any player agency from them.

It'd be like if there was a Mass Effect phone game and they put Shepard in there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • how many separate "make mine a double" threads are we allowed to have?

Double the amount. except for August.
    Guys, Revan won't be a player character. Everything about Revan--from appearance to skillset to even gender--was player choice. By putting Revan into the game you're wiping all that choice and removing any player agency from them.

It'd be like if there was a Mass Effect phone game and they put Shepard in there.

Except pre Disney he was canonicaly male anf light side. And if he gets in the game id bet the mask would be on so the only question would be light or dark
  • It could be another FO REWORK
    Guys, Revan won't be a player character. Everything about Revan--from appearance to skillset to even gender--was player choice. By putting Revan into the game you're wiping all that choice and removing any player agency from them.

you could just put him in ambiguous robes with his signature mask... just like they did in KOTOR before you knew who revan really is
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Not true at all. He was in SWTOR MMO and had a book (now legends) written by Drew Karpyshyn.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Double drops seems the most likely, but these “hints” usually refer to a new character being introduced. I like the Hando thought, but never saw reference to that particular quote. Make mine a double could refer to double weapons? Lightsabers? Blasters? Double agent perhaps? Jango, Pong Krell, or even Kallus aren’t too far fetched but they seem unlikely right before TLJ. A TLJ character seems like the best bet, and double agents Finn and Rose in FO disguise seem probable.
    Imagine being someone who can manage to find a way to complain about two heists.

There weren't "two heists". There was one credit heist - released within its normal time frame relative to the previous heist. And an extra droid smuggling event.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Our guild has been having a chat about this.

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" relates to the film "A Christmas Story" in which a cipher (which may be a clue to an obscure charcater) was transmitted on a radio show called "Little orphan Annie" which could be a lot less obscure......

Make of that what you will.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    Our guild has been having a chat about this.

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" relates to the film "A Christmas Story" in which a cipher (which may be a clue to an obscure charcater) was transmitted on a radio show called "Little orphan Annie" which could be a lot less obscure......

1*vkTAHjwjUWoBYadsFNp1ZA.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA__2tKoIU&sns=em

It means free drinks from kozi, free 7 star DJ
  • Double BT adding the dark side BT ^^

You’re overthinking the joke. She’s just saying we’re all like little Ralphie trying to decode the hint.
    thomssi wrote: »

You’re overthinking the joke. She’s just saying we’re all like little Ralphie trying to decode the hint.

Maybe but a dev posted a something from a film that referred to "orphan Annie". Yeah, maybe reading too much into it but hey, everyone is speculating and that could fit rather well. The decipher bit (ciphas) may be a red herring but another Anakin (nicknamed Ani/Annie who ended up an orphan)? Anyway, we shall see soon enough.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Maybe but a dev posted a something from a film that referred to "orphan Annie". Yeah, maybe reading too much into it but hey, everyone is speculating and that could fit rather well. The decipher bit (ciphas) may be a red herring but another Anakin (nicknamed Ani/Annie who ended up an orphan)? Anyway, we shall see soon enough.

I got it, padawan Ani and padme. Ani has the basic attack "teen angst" which applies daze to himself + 2 random allies or enemies. Padme has the ability "clunky dialogue" which causes the target to attack self in effort to end it all. They have a synergy passive (like with vet smugglers) "why lucas?! Why?!" That causes all allies and enemies to loose 50% TM at the end of padme or Ani's turn and each gain 50% of the lost total TM.

Their specials are called "never ending hell" and only do 1k damage on a crit and apply heal over time to target enemy

*I would actually like an awesome padme released but it was just too much fun to think up an absurd ability setup that pokes fun at the bad aspects of the pt
  • just when i think you guys can't kiss any more meme-****, this thread appears.
  • Jar.....

Make it a double

Jar Jar

Make it happen!
  • Could be Luke Heroe's journey coming for a second time
  • Jamesm wrote: »

Except pre Disney he was canonicaly male anf light side. And if he gets in the game id bet the mask would be on so the only question would be light or dark

Fully agreed - while you could go down the DS route his canon was focused on his redemption.

Why is it not possible to release a LS AND DS Revan though? That would certainly be interesting
  • Two Revans....Light side and Dark Side
  • We just need ONE Revan, that has both a Sith and Jedi tag, both Light and Dark side tag.

Then his leader and uniques can say "All jedi get +75% defense....all Sith get +75% offense" or whatever. Just different abilities for each faction.

This is easy, don't see why people are thinking it can't be done like this.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Man, I better not hear any of the Revan fans call Rey a Mary Sue disparagingly...
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    We just need ONE Revan, that has both a Sith and Jedi tag, both Light and Dark side tag.

Then his leader and uniques can say "All jedi get +75% defense....all Sith get +75% offense" or whatever. Just different abilities for each faction.

Exactly. One character, multiple tags and abilities that benefit each side differently. Like a swiss army knife.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    We just need ONE Revan, that has both a Sith and Jedi tag, both Light and Dark side tag.

I can't agree with this, as there was no way at any point Revan could have been balanced like this.

I know you could keep him 'neutral' but in the end you were forced either to choose a LS or DS ending. Also, it's not like any decision he made could be considered both light and dark.

I know this because, no matter how hard I tried to stay good, I always ended up down the dark path. Because it is more fun.