Galactic Wars & time consumed...

While I don't have any issue with the difficulty of GW I do have a problem with the unnecessary amount of time that they now take to complete. This game is just consuming far too much time for far too many of us these days.
Both arenas, if you're viable & near the top, take roughly 2 solid hrs. Back to back. Every single day. Add another 15 or 20 mins of general activity. Another, minimum, 15 or 20 mins of upgrading characters & mods daily. We're you to 2.5 hrs, minimum, every day. Then while the TB event is running that's at least another hr each day. It's arguable that one could shave that time down but I feel that's pretty realistic. That's 3.5 hrs each day. Then there's raids. Typically, at least in my guild, rancor takes 30 mins & tank takes an hr. So now we're up to 4 to 4.5 hrs on days that TB is running, 3 to 3.5 when it's not. Then you have Galactic War, daily, and these days I'm willing to bet that's another 30 mins added to the total amount of time. So, arguably, we're looking at 3.5 to 5 hrs of gameplay. Daily. For a phone game.

I think at a certain point EA needs to shave this number down and GW would be an easy place to start. I think for a lot of us this game is becoming a huge time suck. I love this game but it's certainly getting to that point. Maybe we could have the option of just simming an entire GW after a certain point. Maybe once you hit the broken node or something. Just an idea, and you could keep the option to play it out so ppl could still test teams and whatnot. But there is honestly no need for GW to consume so much time every day when it's virtuality the same battles over and over. Imo anyway...

Replies

• GW is the absolute worst part of this game and needs a complete rehaul
  • Same rewards with half the length. 6 nodes that scale in difficulty rather than 5 easy, 1 hard, 2 easy, 1 hard, 1 easy, 1 hard, and one broken like I have almost always had.
  • Akeron
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    In the beginning of this game there was much less content. We had less characters, less events, no TB, no raids, no shields (just HP), no ships and no mods. Even so, back then GW took a good while to complete.... But today, well today GW went completely INSANE!

They kept adding more and more stuff but they never thought how that extra stuff would impact the game in other areas; Today GW is hands down the worst part of game: painfully boring, tough and frustrating as hell.

It amazes me how the development team can be so deaf to the feedback section. I mean, this rant has been going on for ages!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Another, minimum, 15 or 20 mins of upgrading characters & mods daily.

Lol what?
  • I love GW and consider it one of the best parts of the game. Don’t touch it.
  • I like GW. You don't like it, don't do it.
  • I thought I was clear that I was not looking for them to ditch GW... but it has become a chore, and a pointless one at that... after a certain point its just a carbon copy of battles each day. There should be an option to sim these battles once you reach a certain level. If you have the time, and want to do so, you could still run GW normally. But that 1 area of the game should not be taking the time to complete that it requires. It's ridiculous. I'm glad ppl still enjoy it, and all the power to those ppl, but I am starting to lack the time this game now requires & this is an easy place to shave some of that time off
  • I love GW, one of the only few modes of the game that can’t be Sim or auto so you actually PLAY the game.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I love GW, one of the only few modes of the game that can’t be Sim or auto so you actually PLAY the game.

Which is why they should keep an option to do so... but for those of us with lives outside of the game, or jobs taking up 50+ hrs per week, 5 hrs of virtually mandatory gameplay for a cell phone game is obsurd... and unnecessary. And given the general mood of the players, and the number of players that seem to be quitting, I'd think everyone would want some sort of fix sooner than later.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Maybe this game just isn't for you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • With the time requirements this game isn't for a lot of ppl... that is a problem...
  • TVF wrote: »
    Maybe this game just isn't for you?

Ha... you're just starting, it's still a novelty to you... give it another year and see what you say then...
    I love GW, one of the only few modes of the game that can’t be Sim or auto so you actually PLAY the game.

Which is why they should keep an option to do so... but for those of us with lives outside of the game, or jobs taking up 50+ hrs per week, 5 hrs of virtually mandatory gameplay for a cell phone game is obsurd... and unnecessary. And given the general mood of the players, and the number of players that seem to be quitting, I'd think everyone would want some sort of fix sooner than later.

Not everyone takes up to 5 hours of game play daily. I run Squad Arena with Fleet concurrently since the timer in between fights is 10 mins. Rancor solos are allowed to drop score after 20 mins. HAAT is about 1 hour. TB is the real drag at more than an hour. GW usually takes about 20 minutes which is just nice for waiting in between Bronzium cool down. I tie the challenge cool down together with Bronziums so I'll finish those off in 20 min intervals. For a bad GW, it'll take 2 of those intervals at max.

Unless you are hardcore min/max and do 36 GW on GW day, you can spread it out and won't meet 12 CLS a day. TB on the other hand is the real monotonous same battle mode with up to 110+ waves of the same nonsense per TB event.
  • And the saddest realisation of it all is that I spend way more than an hour a day on the SWGOH forums, of which more than 50% of the time is reading about GW complaints.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    snarzenal wrote: »
    I love GW and consider it one of the best parts of the game. Don’t touch it.

this. besides hard to beat teams, gw is the best. get rid of the unnecessary clicks and the time it take for battles, especially ship battles. AGAIN, STOP THE TIME SUCK THAT HAPPENS FOR NO REASON!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »
    I love GW and consider it one of the best parts of the game. Don’t touch it.

this. besides hard to beat teams, gw is the best. get rid of the unnecessary clicks and the time it take for battles, especially ship battles. AGAIN, STOP THE TIME SUCK THAT HAPPENS FOR NO REASON!!

Of which gw is an unneeded time suck... you want to keep doing your gw, fine, I won't try to stop you. But for those of us that feel different there should be another option such as SIM... I've done the same battles approximately 6000 times now. There is no need to keep repeating them at this point.
  • The funny thing is, not 1 of you ppl commenting had been playing this game for very long so again, I repeat, let's see what you're saying in another year.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    If I'm still playing this in another year, I won't be complaining about it. If I hate playing it, I won't complain, I'll quit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Huatimus wrote: »

Not everyone takes up to 5 hours of game play daily. I run Squad Arena with Fleet concurrently since the timer in between fights is 10 mins. Rancor solos are allowed to drop score after 20 mins. HAAT is about 1 hour. TB is the real drag at more than an hour. GW usually takes about 20 minutes which is just nice for waiting in between Bronzium cool down. I tie the challenge cool down together with Bronziums so I'll finish those off in 20 min intervals. For a bad GW, it'll take 2 of those intervals at max.

Unless you are hardcore min/max and do 36 GW on GW day, you can spread it out and won't meet 12 CLS a day. TB on the other hand is the real monotonous same battle mode with up to 110+ waves of the same nonsense per TB event.

you don't take this same amount of time because your either not at the top of your arena shards, or not in a guild getting 40+ *... both of which affect the time involved.
    Huatimus wrote: »

you don't take this same amount of time because your either not at the top of your arena shards, or not in a guild getting 40+ *... both of which affect the time involved.

You are welcome to check my profile, and I started playing for more than a year already.

https://swgoh.gg/u/huatimus/
  • Whining about "free" credits/shards/whatever because you have to spent 10 minutes on something? Ridiculous thinking
  • And judging from your profile, you probably have GW Nodes 11 and 12 broken anyway. Really shouldn’t take you that long to complete GW daily.

If u think this game is 5 hrs of mandatory gameplay then u are doing it wrong . People quit new come on board some come back every game does this. U might be ready for a break
  • The funny thing is, not 1 of you ppl commenting had been playing this game for very long so again, I repeat, let's see what you're saying in another year.

I haven't? Based on the numbers, I would say I have played this game longer than you ...
    1ICH5y4.png

If u think this game is 5 hrs of mandatory gameplay then u are doing it wrong . People quit new come on board some come back every game does this. U might be ready for a break

True, in fairness, that might be... but that's not what I'm hearing from ppl & other than when mods were introduced, I've haven't witnessed so many ppl quitting. Things aren't looking great from what I see... and I'm having trouble seeing how any of you could even argue against this idea as it would have zero effect on you if you chose to play thru your gw... And while it might not be exactly 5 hrs, I was just estimating & averaging, it is far too much time for the average player. Also, while I haven't bothered to look into it for some time now, I'm willing to bet the game is losing more players than it's gaining. More importantly, it's losing veteran players. As someone who has invested quite a bit of money into this game I'd like to see it last as long as possible. If you're not witnessing the general mood of the players then you are blinding yourself to the reality. I keep hoping EA will address the issue rather than compound it but that doesn't seem to be the case. And if you like playing this game arguing pointlessly against changes like this will, in the end, hurt your gaming experience. As I said, this idea would have zero effect on your own gaming, it would only give others options to decrease the amount of time this 1 aspect takes...
  • VanKings22 wrote: »
    Whining about "free" credits/shards/whatever because you have to spent 10 minutes on something? Ridiculous thinking

This coming from a player who made a thread asking to put an end to TB for basically the same reasons... hypocrite much?
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The funny thing is, not 1 of you ppl commenting had been playing this game for very long so again, I repeat, let's see what you're saying in another year.

I haven't? Based on the numbers, I would say I have played this game longer than you ...
    1ICH5y4.png

I know you've been playing about as long, I simply didn't see your comment. In any event, I see no logic in arguing against the option as it would not affect your own gaming... this is just 1 idea. Feel free to offer other possible solutions if you don't agree. But to act like there isn't a problem currently doesn't mean there isn't a problem. I just want the game to last at least a few more years.
    Post edited by WrathofCaedus on
  • VanKings22 wrote: »
    Whining about "free" credits/shards/whatever because you have to spent 10 minutes on something? Ridiculous thinking

Also ironic that I found this quote on that very thread...
    Lithalan wrote: »
    Most?!? Lolol. I love when people claim to represent "most". I love TB. Only thing keeping me interested right now. The long time players I've seen quit leave for other reasons - generally time we have to spend now. That's not TB's fault. We have to keep playing old content. Let us sim GW or credit heist or some of the old events the old time players can do in our sleep. Reduce the time on old content so we can devote the little time we have for new. That's all. Has little to do with TB as such.