CLS - Do we want a nerf?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    He needs to be nerfed or banned from arena period. Any toon that comes out better than luke creates power creep, and any toon that doesn't won't stand up to the current meta. Look at the new underwelming unmasked kylo. I think we could all agree that if Luke wasn't around kru would be much more viable. Please people stop being so biased about your favorite character who is keeping you at rank 1 and look at the longevity of this game. Take a step back and you will see the dent he puts in this game. Metas will come and go but because his kit is so universal he will always be apart of the new upcoming metas. You can quote me on that.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    HB0MBZ wrote: »
    He needs to be nerfed or banned from arena period. Any toon that comes out better than luke creates power creep, and any toon that doesn't won't stand up to the current meta.

[...]

Metas will come and go but because his kit is so universal he will always be apart of the new upcoming metas. You can quote me on that.

New toons create power creep, but CLS will forever be part of future META? You are contradicting yourself.

Power creep is essential to the game design and the bussiness model used.
  • Options
    Yes, it is the business model, but they went way to far with the power-creep of CLS. He is hurting the diversity (=fun) of the game. That is a fact: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
    The second point is, if we player accept power creeps on that scale, we also accept this huge devaluation of all our other toons for which we have worked so hard.
  • Options
    I agree. No nerf needed. While he is OP and he is increasing the damage creep, nerfing him would also be problematic because he was designed to fit this role. What we really need is a rework on the empire, or a different faction, something that can beat meta, but not rule it, or make it more competitive, per se.
  • Options
    As for those that say he will be a part of the meta forever, it's not exactly like the other previously complained about OP toons have gone away (cough cough DN, GAT, Chaze, Rex cough cough)
  • Options
    Almond1617 wrote: »
    ... nerfing him would also be problematic because he was designed to fit this role
    ... as an OP game breaking toon in every part of the game?
    Almond1617 wrote: »
    something that can beat meta, but not rule it
    ...as CLS does?
    Really? I don't see your point.
    Besides, empire is amazing with GAT lead.

• Options
    I dont think it's neccasary to nerf him, but to release a character so over the top it can solo the raincor and is on every top 50 team kind of ruins the fun. a bit irresponcible by the devs. it would have been a little more fun if they had something come out that could counter it so you can pick your poison.
  • Options
    So they bring the event back. Everyone who didn't get Cls last time gets him. Everyone high fives. Next day update.... Cls nerfed. I can picture the forum posts already.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Really, no one before?
    Remember poe+droid, dooku, wiggs, Chaze, Rex...
    This is what this game does all the time...
    A new OP toon will come and dominate.
    So sit down and wait

+ infinity
    if the shiny new toon wasn't OP, nobody would care enough to panic farm to het him. (Pao, Bodhi, etc.)
    Lets say you are the first to get the new Rey. Then, lets say she's just average and doesn't help your arena rank at all. Would you be grateful she didn't "ruin the meta"? Or, would you be upset that your shiny new toy was boring and useless?
    Shiny new OP toons reward their happy owners with an advantage, otherwise, what's the point.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    No nerf needed - a half decent Nightsister team can wreck a CLS team.

I also got beat by a Wedge (L), Biggs, Old Ben, R2 and ATF team - I only managed to take out Wedge.

So I am sure there are more combos out there that can destroy a CLS team.

I run a CLS lead and can get lower that 100 rank in arena. Sometimes I find myself up at 200 rank! - So no...No nerf required.
  • Options
    NO NERF NEEDED. I don't even have him, but I have been farming for so long to get him and put lots of resources into the characters to get ready for his event. If they nerfed him I will NOT be happy. He is a legendary character that requires 5 specific characters at 7*, he SHOULD be strong.

You assume everyone and their brother has CLS when in actuality very few have him, and all the rest are farming for him. It's not like he's unbeatable in arena either. I run Wiggs (g11), STHan (11), Chirrut (12), Han (12) and have no problem beating g12 meta teams with CLS. Stun him, double assist and hes gone. I love facing CLS led teams because they just feed my team TM through StHan.

If they nerfed him it would not be fair to the players who didn't get him the first time around. Y'all got a great character to use for 4 months, then the event comes, others get him, you want a nerf? Give me a break. We want the same character you are using, not some watered down version.
  • Options
    One of those new Nightsisters teams even at 5* could beat CLS teams. So no, a nerf isn't needed.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    onestone wrote: »
    CLS dominates the Meta as no toon has done before. He is considered by far the best toon of the game. Statistics reveal now he is in almost every top50 team and with the next event coming, everybody will have one and of course use him. One could ask if this is a desirable state for the game.
    From my opinion, he would still remain the best toon even if his stats are nerfed by 5-10% but it might be easier to substitute him, if desired.
    I think a slight nerf would bring more diversity and therefore more fun to the game. What do you think?

I was overseas when cls came out and missed him. He is easily countered in arena & OP or not, he is what he is. Aside from some guilds requiring him, he doesn't put any1 at a disadvantage. If your concerned about joining 1 of those guilds, don't be... because CLS will be only the 1st in a never ending list of characters you'll be REQUIRED to have.

I, for 1, am sick of toons getting nerfed after release... zader, zaul, zylo, nute, and the list goes on & on. Let's just chill w/ the nerf hammer & play the game, ya?
  • Options
    No nerf. Bring him back again.
  • Options
    Nerf confirmed :

tenor.gif
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner