Whats ur squads power and is GW easy or hard?

Replies

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Altoon33 wrote: »
    That's all I'm doing is gearing up my teams and no more promote . But it's taking FOREVER!

That's what I was working on too. Just to get one of Sidius' level VI gear slots full means trying to find over 60 items. The last I spent was over 120 energy trying to get 5 of these 60 and they only gave me 2. lol
  • I'm level 70, my arena team's power is 22,693 and it's usually sort of difficult. I've passed every day for over a month and a half (I just hit 70 a couple days ago).

Today, though at node 7 I hit a team with ~28k power including a 7*, gear 8 Leia, FOTP, Lumi and Sid. I was able to pass it but lost a suicide squad, Lumi and the rest of my team isn't looking so good. Yesterday I ran into two teams that weren't quite that powerful in a row and needed 3 suicide squads to get through them. A couple days ago I had one where I didn't lose a single toon (which is odd) and this is all with no change to my arena squad.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    level 45 with 11k squad power in arena
    Since I unlocked GW, I've won GW 3 times and lost 2 times. The first half of the battles are usually easy but you need a lot of luck to not be matched with super strong teams in the last few nodes. For example, today, I have to fight a level 61 team on the 9th node. I mean there's no way my lvl 45 squad with 11k power can beat their lvl60 squad with 20k+ power.
  • lvl 70 squad power 26,500. Arena rank 10 - 20 each day.

GW is challenging but I complete it everyday (36 in a row at least.) i fight lvl 70's 6-7* Gear 7 - 9 from node 3 on. some days its harder than others depending on the squad makeups.
  • I've only won GW twice out of 54-56 attempts . I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what , but every day I face teams buy the 5th or 6th node that are impossible to beat . I really hope they fix it soon because I need the GW resources. The last time I completed it I just kept staring at the 12 opened chests , it's was awsome . ( a little pathetic I know ) but after that many attempts , it felt good. Really good.
  • Level 70 26K for A team. It's fairly easiyish. Although will sacrifice a team for the last 4 nodes to make it easier.
  • My GW squad is lvl 60, at 19,074 power. For some reason, GW has been incredibly easy for the last week. Today, I only got 3 or 4 teams with characters over lvl 55. I've won GW 23 times according to my achievement log, and I've failed to finish 3 times. My account is lvl 62 now, but I'm a bit reluctant to level my GW squad in case it suddenly puts me over a threshold where I'll start pulling opponents in the high 60's!
    Barris irl imo idk
  • I'm level 70, my squad's power is 25,200-ish (just dropped it a bit with a squad change, but according to the reddit dev, that makes no difference, only your highest arena squad power). Nothing special in my server, I'm typically between 30th and 70th.

I finish GW every day, and while I've had days in the past when it has been screamingly frustrating, in the last week it's been fairly doable. I just completed the 50 GW completions achievement. However, that only comes from absolute pedantic retreating whenever I'm not absolutely set for the next match. I've only lost twice since my fourth attempt, and I worked out that those times happened because I was complacently letting small health deficits creep in to my team, or finishing with cooldowns not completed. A sudden Lvl-70 death squad can arrive at any node, and they'll prey on any opening weakness. So now I play my A squad from the start and make each round perfect. Today I retreated on my first node!

So I suspect that difficulty might partly depend on how much tedious hard graft you put into before you get to the "You shall not pass" nodes, not just squad power.
  • Level 65 with 21,034 power and I can't complete GW after always being able to complete it. Today my third node features a team a couple levels higher than me and 4/5 characters with higher power than all of my best characters. Stupid.

Edit: Just totaled the team's power in my third node: 24,054. Yes, over 3K higher than my best arena team's power.
    I can echo this almost verbatim.
    I was below 21,000 and really enjoying GW every day. I gave somebody a Star and went up to 21,265 in Arena. Then the next day I read about how Arena = GW difficulty. I froze my power in Arena where it is, but it was too late.
    I've played Arena several times since then and it's a painful difficult slog and it is NOT FUN AT ALL.

It went from the best part of SWGOH (the only PvE content worth doing) to a headache and virtually guaranteed to get me to log off.

I say this as someone who is patient, great at puzzles and problem-solving, and willing to do the work to find the solution.
    I used to alternate Lumi as leader with Qui-Gon Jinn (QGJ for speed to take out Sid, Phasma, etc early) then Lumi on other missions for the sustained healing.

Thanks to the pain of new GW, I've gotten and fully leveled Barris (4 star, I'm still working on her) so that I can run Barris + Lumi just so I can get through 3-6 missions in GW.

On a good day if I'm willing to put in about 3 hours of work tracking every hit and miss, I can get to 10-12. But 180 minutes for 12 missions is too much and most of that is not very fun.

I would rather permanently lose 500 ranks in Arena and have my old GW back. A few minutes of competitive Arena at 5 o'clock is not worth losing GW over.
  • Squad 24,500 and GW is extremely easy. First two nodes against level 46-48. What a joke.

I'm 21,143 and my GW is extremely hard, get 3/4 there to the end then it becomes unbeatable
  • I'm around 18800 and GW is challenging but I've been able to complete it every day for the last three weeks or so. Today was the toughest it's been. Two full level 70 7* purple gear right at the end
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    26K. rank around 20-40. My GW is not easy. I faced atleast 4teams full of 7* and purple gears.

I have been completed it every day for the last 2 week.

46/50 time completed

• ios player
    Lvl 67 @ 21000 power

7* lumi, 7* sid, 5* kylo, 5* daka, 4* dooks all at lvl 65

Up to lvl 50 i would consistently get stuck at node 10
    levels 50 - 60 i completed easily, usually with only 1 swap near the end

now i struggle to get half way, using suicide squads from node 3 onwards
    I often get node 3 battles of lvl 70, 7* purple's.

My workmate is on Android and is very similar stats but he completes it every day with 1 squad
    and most of it on auto.... never once seeing a buff enemy squad.

Only difference between us ios v android
    and i got to lvl 700 arena then deliberately dropped to 3000+
    whereas he hovers around 1600

• Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    17000 and GW is not too bad.
    Post edited by Annastrasza on
  • 26796, GW isn't very difficult any more. Maybe a couple retreats at best, but finish everyday no problem.
  • My squad power is about 28,800.

GW is harder or easier, depending on the day. In general, around the 4th or 5th battle it is all lvl 70 maxed 7* teams.

Here is an example from today--4th battle:
    bS5dQ2N.png

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    Someone suggested ur arena squad power, not ur arena rank, determines how hard or easy GW is...

Lets put that theory to the test.

My arena squad power is 16,648 and i find GW easy.

My power is 23,374 and I find it impossible to get past battle 5
  • 21,500. If I didn't have a "deep" bench GW would be near impossible.

I have 5 "A" toons. Then another 10 that can contribute. The rest are fodder that rarely go into GW but sometimes are needed.
  • VoDkA
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My arena power is 18,000, today in GW I faced four 7* and one 6 * star team, I struggled to beat them, after them I got another level 68 with 7* characters, mind you I am at 18,000 power in arena and only have 5* characters, the game rigged beyond belief.
  • Arena power is 22,739 and I'm level 67. I face full level 70 6-7* teams from sometimes the 3rd battle on in GW. I've beat it 1/5 in the past 5 days. It's frustrating and virtually impossible for me to beat at this time despite having a GW win score of 40 all time.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    VoDkA wrote: »
    My arena power is 18,000, today in GW I faced four 7* and one 6 * star team, I struggled to beat them, after them I got another level 68 with 7* characters, mind you I am at 18,000 power in arena and only have 5* characters, the game rigged beyond belief.

I agree with you GW is most likely rigged. Today I got a lvl 62 team (6* phasma, 5* sidious, 4* talia, 4*JC, 4* chewbecca) on THE 4TH NODE. I'm lvl 46 BTW. I understand if I run into a brick wall on the 11th or 12th node but GW is rigged if it happens on the 4th node.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Something has changed about a day or two ago. I thought it was as a result of me focusing on gear.. But i see many ppl having harder GWs
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Something has changed about a day or two ago. I thought it was as a result of me focusing on gear.. But i see many ppl having harder GWs

Mine just got a little harder but I have a killer roster. For me its more fun but I could see how it could suck for some who just focus on maxing arena toons.
  • Gw is super easy for me but i only rank between 200 to 500 at squad arena
  • 2100 team power, I can almost always finish without losing any of my starting 5
    Lumi (leader) Sid fives dathcha jc
  • 25.5k lvl 70. I think top 5 toon power has way more weight than arena. Gw has always been pretty easy and I get 7* max gear starting node 4 or 5. Yesterday I 7*'d poggle so that he became my most powerful toon and today 7* max opponents started at node 2. Poe comes in real handy for those high dps droid squads.
  • Level 67, 20,569 power. I complete GW about 75% of the time, but it's a struggle. Today I got the super opponent (70, 7 stars, purple gear for all, Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Lumi and Poe) on node 7.
  • Silver_Radd_Surfer
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My squad is 22.5k power, and I've had a few runs stopped in GW, but overall, I don't have any problems.

Heck, I recently ran through it on Auto and won. While the computer used my team in a stupid wrong way, I still managed to beat it.

I take GW in 4 phases: each 3 segments is its own battle. Ideally, I try to have a different team for each quarter.

Phase 1: Savage Opress(7*), Daka(4*), Talia(4*)Nightsister Initiate(4*), Nightsister Acolyte(2*)

Phase 2: Poe(4*), Chewie(5*), Finn (4*), Fives (3*), Biggs(3*) - This is my Suicide Squad, no healers but chance to do damage. I often move into the next group earlier than I want because this team will die.

Phase 3: QGJ(2*), Lumi (7*), Mace (5*), JC(5*), Dooku(3*)

Phase 4(A-Team) Phasma(7*), Lumi(7*), Savage(7*), Boba(4*), Darth Vader(4*). Extra-Attack, AoE, Ability Blocks, Heavy damage, slow, and healing.
  • Silver_Radd_Surfer
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2016
  • I can't say stupidly but can I say stoopidly? I wonder...