Whats ur squads power and is GW easy or hard?

Replies

• The problem is EA. They raised the level cap to quickly to 70 (and soon to 80) so they could part fools from their money without adding any significant content. EA essentially forces everyone to farm, equip and level the same core characters that are readily available if they want to earn the tokens, credits and mats from the Arena & GW that are needed for progression. If the level cap was allowed to remain static significantly longer, people with max squads would be able to branch out and work on other characters and we would see much more diversity in GW and the Arena. In the meantime EA could work on additional content and character balancing that adds value to the game instead of just raising the cap so they can collect even more money for the resources required to get the characters to that next level.

You call 4 months at 60 a short period? Also where did you make up that info about level cap being raised soon
    If you speculate, do it better. I doubt they increase the cap any time soon. If they do it's probably in april (2 months after 70 increase). If they do it next week than I will start my first complain post :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    You call 4 months at 60 a short period? Also where did you make up that info about level cap being raised soon

Yes. 4 months is very short if you compare to most PC type games where level caps are not raised outside of a yearly expansion.

I didn't make up any info about the level cap being raised soon. An EA fellow mentioned the cap raising to 80 in another thread. Additionally, during this patch all challenges now show new tiers for characters 70 to 80. Why do those things if there is not an imminent level raise?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Why do those things if there is not an imminent level raise?

To feed speculation, theories and conspiracies!
  • I always use a non synergetic easy to beat team for my last GW fight, to pass on the love. I don't include Sid, b/c he's so gd annoying and I too get sick of having him every fight. I always smile when I get a team without him.
  • if I had sid I would have him on my team. working on unlocking him currently.

I think it's only normal that people play with their best characters. I assume that most people don't have that many characters to begin with and it's a long grind just to upgrade one. so ppl focus on the ones they feel are the best.

if you don't want every1 to have sid then you need to balance the characters more evenly. as it stands I have about 20 characters, half of which are useless and I am not going to spend time to upgrade since they are not viable. the main problem is that there are too many characters in this game, it is hard enough in serious mmorpg to even balance a dozen classes. having close to hundred the problem becomes hard to manage. unfortunately EA make their money on ppl that like to collect, so not in their interest to reduce the amount of characters
  • I use an all nightsister team. I like to think people appreciate that when they encounter me. They are all 7* except Daka and Talia, who are 6*.

I don't have Sid. I'm focused on synergies. Trying to figure out who my light side team is going to be.
  • Is anyone else getting super bored with playing against Sid on every battle in the GW. I would say GW is my favorite battle mode.....but holy crap is is getting super monotonous....playing a Sid, Lumi, JC team 12 times a day is getting old..

Anyone agree....EA...listen ....

You forgot Phasma but I digress....

The reason this has occurred is due to the flawed meta. If EA/CG can fix that and make the other 80% of the characters in the game viable, this wouldn't be the reality.....
  • Is anyone else getting super bored with playing against Sid on every battle in the GW. I would say GW is my favorite battle mode.....but holy crap is is getting super monotonous....playing a Sid, Lumi, JC team 12 times a day is getting old..

Yes, yes, yes. That and the re-roll rng nonsense. It's now stupid and dull. Used to be why I played. Now I maybe do 6-8 nodes and the boredom makes me nuts. No other reason to play either unless repetition with no real goal is your thing.
  • Just chiming in to add support for EA to start focusing on balance.

fwiw, Sid, Lumi + Phasma is all the rage on my server too.

Yes, yes, yes. That and the re-roll rng nonsense. It's now stupid and dull. Used to be why I played. Now I maybe do 6-8 nodes and the boredom makes me nuts. No other reason to play either unless repetition with no real goal is your thing.

Goal is collect all chinpokemon.

If you run a playthrough of a good single player game for 30h, how much replay value does that have? I'm sure you and I both played for more than 30h. Repetitive yes but I gotta catch all chinpokemon. Add shoe!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Lol the sid thing is a pain
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Pulling out an old thread (better than creating a new one?). I just wanted to add, that I finally ditched my 5* Poe from my Arena team yesterday.
    That increased my squad power by about 1000 pts, from 25700, to about 26700

For the last few weeks, my GW has not been too bad - usually only received 2 or 3 full maxed out level 70 teams.

Today was full maxed out from stage 4 onwards. I knew I was in trouble when my stage 4 included 7* Leia, Aayla, QGJ (L), Sidious, and one more who I can't remember. I was lucky and able to compete it today, but am worried going forward, and now wishing I had just stuck with good old weak Poe.
  • 27,500. Some days are harder than others but I think I've only failed to complete it once in last 50 something tries and that was my fault. I use suicides to burn specials all the time. If a team has Poggle Droids Poe almost always to burn third offense up and taunt and fairly often if it's a pretty good Sid squad to burn his.

I trade our leaders depending on who I'm facing and how early it is. I use Barriss and Lumi early and then usually QGJ Sid and Lumi later depending on the team.

If a team is really hard I'll throw a mid level squad to soften them up or try to take out a glass cannon.

And then sometimes it's so easy I don't need to bother doing any strategizing and just sail through it.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    My arena power is now 26500, and the GW is easier than before, so there goes the theory out of the window.

Today is the third day in a row that I complete it with the same 5 guys (QGL(L), JC, Luminara, Geo and IG86)
  • 26000+ not hard, but i do use jihad squads with poe/poggle teams
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    It is not just someone. It is the dev on reddit where they tend to post more info. There is also a problem of a bug that messes the whole process up.

Below is link to a good post on reddit with info from the dev over there that actually answer questions

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/487ds4/struggling_with_galactic_war_gw_read_this_first/
  • Went through all of Feb with 5 main guys and beat GW all the time - Arena squad power was between 17-19K....on Feb 27 i upgraded some more of my main squad (level 56-60), pushed my power over 20k....Feb 28/29 has the same easy GW battles (beat it with 5 guys....levels were low 30s-low 50s)....Today March 1st, my first 3 battles were low 50s, my 4th was low 60 and my fifth was 65+ with all purple gear etc.......with no b/c squads, i got pumped.

maybe there's a monthly reset??
  • 28500 and i get LVL 70 all 7* from round 2 on.. nevertheless i finish every day..
  • brunokj
    21 posts Member
    I've won 42 GW in a row. Today I've faced lvl 70/7* from the 3rd nod and was impossible to beat it. I'll wait till tomorrow to see what I'm facing.
  • 20k power. Toons at 62, mostly 6 & 7*, one 4 *JC.
    Can't go past 2nd round for last 2 days.
    AI destruction with insane turns.
  • Dani267
    34 posts Member
    My squads power is about 26000. Since last week GW Is really hard, from the 5th fight its all 7 stars and maxed toons. Luckily I have a lot of spare toons. I have 6 toons completely maxed out en 15 toons at max gear and 6 stars. The weird thing is that when I face an opponent that is hard to beat my 5 star Yoda gets me trough it without a scar.
  • I know. I know. Tag it to the other endless threads on GW gripes. But when on node three I get five 7* level 70 characters to go up against, it's just a slaughter. I will lose two players minimum... MINIMUM and that's if I put my five best in there and play the level for an hour. GW needs re tooled. I am falling behind by missing out on the rewards. I lose 10 shards a day, everyday! Add that all up from the last update!
  • Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    [img][/img]Screenshot_2016-02-27-12-28-14.png
    [img][/img]Screenshot_2016-02-27-12-28-14.png
    Tomek wrote: »
    Maybe the system is wrong selecting teams to play with in GW. There are many chars we will not see in GW. The system could random generate teams using all possible chars.

The system doesn't generate teams. It uses teams that other real players have used. I'm not sure if it uses their Arena squads or GW squads but it is a squad from a real player.

I can't say for sure that it does use player teams all the time. I believe there is some element to it being randomly generated. As per the pic in the link you can see a lv46 player with vader unlocked and according to my calculations you would not be able to generate enough vader shards via achievements at lv46 and would almost certainly need to be in the mid lv50s to get him. This leads me to believe it's somewhat random.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Again with this, if you would read the other 50 million threads about GW than you would realize that there is a bug with it and that dev team is working on fixing it

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/47rb8m/when_will_gw_matchmaking_get_fixed/
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm not sure all the teams are real. Some teams are too bad for players, including having leaders that make no sense when others available in the team are better.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    You guys are all to blame. Stop playing the meta and diversify. And stop telling new guys to pay the meta. The only two things I'd say are an unavoidable must is Luminara are Jedi Consular (devs fault for lack of healers), besides that go crazy!

Except me. No Sid for me.

Sweet. Me too.

Right now if someone got me in GW they'd face Phasma, Ahsoka, Asajj, Kylo Ren, and FOST at just over 20k power. Haven't worked on any of those characters in awhile, and soon they'll be passed up by Clone Sergeant, Fives, and Plo Koon.

V3SxWtoh.jpg

I currently use a full Nightsister team. But I'm also farming full Resistance, some Scoundrels and a few tanks.

All of that and my secret defensive team for Arena.

@cosmicturtle333

hehe looking at your character list tells me i did the right thing.

i use similarly small roster to grind thru Arena and GW

you should have a nice pile of credits stockpiled
  • Since your cooldowns carry from round to round in GW, why don't any of your special boosts as well?

• True that. Would be pretty interesting to use Poggle's Offense up on the last turn of battle 10 to go into 11 with a huge advantage. (12 is always easy anyways, just burn through whatever you have left)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • I clear it 90% of the time but couldn't get past node 4 today. 7* level 70 Sid is going psycho in this one no matter what order and changes I make. Resists everything and heal blocks on every strike.

Facing 7*, level 70, max abilities Sid, GS, and Luminara. Then 7*, level 70 Chewie to taunt, and Fives just hanging out with them. I'm level 63 with three 5 star toons.
  • I'm over 28k, finish 1st on my shard very often, finish GW daily dcespite all 70's 7* purple.