Whats ur squads power and is GW easy or hard?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I raised mybteam to 7*, and raised the overall power.
    My GW became easier.

So there goes the theory out of the window
  • Al_Tiz
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It becomes really easy and you can use 1 squad to beat it when you 7* Lv70 and max out all abilities and gear on your top 5 lol.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Arena squad is 27,215 power and I've been first in Arena with them, GW is simple, hardly ever use retreat and only need a handful of sacrificial suicide squad toons. But I dont use my Arena squad (Phasma (L), Kylo, Lumi, Sid, Daka) in GW, I drop Kylo for Barriss in GW.

If you level up Barriss and Lumi and bring a third healer (I use Daka, for stuns though JC can work) along with my Sid (for heal immunity and AoE w DoT) and Phasma lead (for the extra attacks/stuns and TM), moderately level up a few more toons so your cannon fodder can clear 1-2 enemies or at least soften them up a lot, GW is a cake walk.
    You aren't going to be able to finish GW with your arena team. It's a different game mode. Health and cooldown management is key here, not speed / dps like Arena.
    BTW, my Bariss is only 5*, level 69 with abilities all at 3-5. I have the shards to promote her to 6* but she doesn't even need it for what I'm using her for.

2a9dt2q.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    People Gw is easy IF you make a team to beat it. Three healers, one tank, one damage, and a few extra dps

I've been clearing gw for weeks with a 4-5-now 6* barris led team. Dooku and fives also excell here.
    Post edited by Llewella on
  • 25,723. I usually get 5-6 full 7* purple squads. The first six are typically just a warmup. I beat it regularly with the occasional loss one fight from the end. I use barris as leader for the extra health.
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    Ok so past few weeks, when I could use my rebel team after speed leader fix, GW had ben a cake walk. My power though was only 24k. I was going first against level 62's for the first two fights. Today after I had moved past 25k. No more level 62 toons. If you cant an easier GW, stay below 25k power. Just my anecdotal advice.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Llewella wrote: »
    The question should be do you have barris and dooku on your team because if you do GW is a joke.
    Rank 1 arena, max lvl, max power schedule. I've been running 5/6* barris, 5* jc, 7* (lumi,dooku,fives) I toss in Sid or Kylo for jc near end. Usually only lose one to two Heros a clear.

People Gw is easy IF you make a team to beat it. Three healers, one tank, one dps. Few extra guys.

Yes GW is so easy when you face level 70 7* on from node 3. Yesterday I saw a guy post all 7* lv 70 from node 1! I've got 10 toons at 70 half of them 7* and I do beat GW everyday. But when I have to retreat 4x on the first node for some **** RNG and still toss a lumi heal in at the end it's pretty ridiculous. Far from "easy".
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • My is 26kish and I've only failed once and that was my second day ever of trying. Some runs can be kinda tough, but I have plenty of extra characters in the 50s and 60s to sacrifice against the harder teams.
  • VaderJK12
    192 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My squad is currently 22,xxx and I finish GW on a daily basis while using 2 suicide squads on an average. Today was extremely hard, I started the 12th node with only 4 toons. Nodes 8-11 were level 70 toons consisting of 6 and 7* toons. So I only had 4 toons left after that. 12th node consisted of level 65 and under toons so it was much easier.

I finish in the top 200 in Arena and after today I realize I need a better bench. So I'm shifting my efforts to the bench and only going to star my toons to 6. When I see my Arena opponents power increase more, I'll go back and work on my 'A' team. Until then, bench toons it is. Plus the rewards for GW are better I believe unless you are too 50 in Arena.
  • Martianski
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    GW is based on your arena squad power? Realy? Can you explain this
    5exxVdJ.png

I am lvl 47, twenty (!) levels below, blue geared. My squad power is much lower than this.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    You guys are all to blame. Stop playing the meta and diversify. And stop telling new guys to pay the meta. The only two things I'd say are an unavoidable must is Luminara are Jedi Consular (devs fault for lack of healers), besides that go crazy!

Except me. No Sid for me.

Sweet. Me too.

Right now if someone got me in GW they'd face Phasma, Ahsoka, Asajj, Kylo Ren, and FOST at just over 20k power. Haven't worked on any of those characters in awhile, and soon they'll be passed up by Clone Sergeant, Fives, and Plo Koon.

V3SxWtoh.jpg

I currently use a full Nightsister team. But I'm also farming full Resistance, some Scoundrels and a few tanks.

All of that and my secret defensive team for Arena.

@cosmicturtle333

hehe looking at your character list tells me i did the right thing.

i use similarly small roster to grind thru Arena and GW

you should have a nice pile of credits stockpiled

Nobody has any credits left. I've got 3M with two heroes who can go to 7* right now. But I don't want to waste the credits.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Currently my arena squad power is 25,873 - which is also the highest it's been (I have occasionally dropped a little lower - swapping a lower starred QGJ or Rey for some extra offense against certain teams).

(all level 70 - 3 of the 5 are 7*)

GW is fairly easy most days (at level 70 you never meet a squad higher level ;) )

I usually hit 3 or 4 battles with all level 70 toons, maybe lose 1 or 2 of my "A-Team" (unless I send in a suicide squad or my "B Team") but a majority of my battles are enemy teams in the 60s.

Interestingly, in the last couple weeks or so the opposing teams have gotten more diverse for some reason. I used to almost always see the usual "Phas + Sid + Lumi + X + Y" teams but now, I see several different combos - which makes for more fun.

I have faced Luke, Leia, Old Ben, Fives, etc. recently
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    @Hendiju did you farm barris?
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Llewella wrote: »
    @Hendiju did you farm barris?

I have barriss at 150/80 locked still. Bringing her in soon. I still complete it ED so I've still been contemplating her. It'll cost 3.5 mil to get her up and worthy plus tons of mats. Though I do want Yoda and she'll be the missing link if I do unlock her. But, even with that... I can't imagine it'll be an easy fight. Some days are certainly easier than others for sure.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Up until 2 days ago, my GW was doable, but tough some days. Squad power is about 24K mainly due to NS initiate that inflates it pretty well. Toughest opponent I defeated in arena was 23K or so, and that put my GW from "beatable" no "quit at node 7". I can take out one or two 7* max gear teams but not 6 in a row. Bench is no help against that.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • 22,034 I complete it every day but I run into One or Two maxed out Whale teams running broken characters. But how I over come this is simple I have several 5 star characters who simply serve as different suicide squad combinations.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    I raised mybteam to 7*, and raised the overall power.
    My GW became easier.

So there goes the theory out of the window

It's not a theory. One of the devs posted on Reddit that the highest squad power you ever used for last win in Arena is a determinant in your GW matchups. It could be he is wrong. He was wrong before, and posted the new info to correct previously bad info, so it seems legitimate.

However, he did say it is one factor, and that there are other factors that determine it as well. Maybe those other factors combined with raising your squad power resulted in little change in your GW opponents. For me , raising my squad power had a significant impact on my GW opponents.
    We don't know what those other factors are, and how each factor is weighted.
    Whatever they are, it meant little change in your GW, but a big difference in mine.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I think another factor is the highest power of a squad you beat in arena
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Peanut
    87 posts Member
    Squad power 25000 droids, I've won the last 7 or so with about 10 restarts on the last three chests normally they top 20 players as I'm rank 25 to 50 most days atm
    I did have a hard time about lvl 63 to 65 when I wasn't mad yet lost everyday like for 2 weeks no matter the amount of restarts give it time and stay patient it comes around as your characters increase
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Power is 26k, Top 10 Arena daily
    GW is VERY easy (starts at lvl54 maybe the last battle is max)
    {RotE}
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Lvl 70
    Arena power 27k+
    I complete my GW everyday but its pretty brutal.
    I would never call it easy. Typically I get Lvl 70 7* max teams from node 2 on.
    Mine seemed to get a lot more difficult once I leveled up most of my roster.
  • Charlesbusa
    408 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    GW should be based off your entire libraries' power and not just 5 of your characters.

GW is easier for someone with 30 maxed out toons. And much harder for someone with 5 maxed toons.

It's supposed to be a challenge for everyone. Not easy for some, while impossible for others.
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    I am at 28515 and all my GW start with 70lvl and never go below. Thank god i have 3 main teams and Barris leader is must for battles 1-9 to keep everyone alive. Tried several times to do GW without Barris at all and it was a nightmare.
  • Barriss is key. Look here is the thing everyone says factors factors honestly the main thing is random. I had harder teams when I was at 22-24k than 25-26.5k, though had some easy days and some fml days. I get through. I'm over 28k and really it is similar. It seems very random. I notice since 27K plus I see a lot more max Poggle and Daka. Before though, pre update and speed change I'd see half or more battles of Poe DPS, some days other wicked builds in there, others I'd get some easy wins tossed in. I track things, test things and the 1 thing I can say for sure is that I have found zero patter, rhyme or reason in GW matching. It does make it interesting. I'll finish with this. When I see a non 7* couple and/or a non purple or two on a team in GW I get the boots on and grab the shovel because I know I'm going in it deep after that one,lol.
  • EricK
    16 posts Member
    Squad 28,446 and GW clearing has been smooth but occasionally it is tough with the use of team b to take in some damages
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Squad is low 10K, maybe 12K, Arena is in the mid 2000s, and sometimes its a mix, last night node 11 was level 65 chars, 5-7 stars and purple gear. 20 levels above my team. Its 2/3 manageable usually, maybe 3/5 tops.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    27k+ and GW is a joke (meaning its far too easy).

Just takes geared/star'd toons and a semi deep bench.
    If needed, use retreat to test and see what works vs what does not
  • I discovered something really odd the other day. I had Poggle at 6* and 100 shards fit wie a while. Lumi was my toon with the most power. I had 4 7* and Arena squad was around 25k. GW was a cake-walk. Maybe some 70s in the last node. It had been like that for weeks. Cleared it for 3 weeks at least with the same team and did not get any one else higher because I was farming Rey,Ima,Dooku etc all to 5* or 6*.

Suddenly I promoted Poggle cause I got him to max gear and wanted to try him in arena. He was suddenly my strongest toon power wise.

Abysmal! Suddenly (and I mean literally all of the sudden - no patch or anything) I get 5 x 7* enemies after node 3 for the remaining 9-10 battles.

I suspect that the highest powered toon has quite a bit of influence on your GW enemies.
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Dhall wrote: »
    26796, GW isn't very difficult any more. Maybe a couple retreats at best, but finish everyday no problem.

Basically the same. Arena rank slightly higher for me and finish in the top 30 every day but likewise its no longer the major stress it used to be 3 weeks back.
  • The problem is EA. They raised the level cap to quickly to 70 (and soon to 80) so they could part fools from their money without adding any significant content. EA essentially forces everyone to farm, equip and level the same core characters that are readily available if they want to earn the tokens, credits and mats from the Arena & GW that are needed for progression. If the level cap was allowed to remain static significantly longer, people with max squads would be able to branch out and work on other characters and we would see much more diversity in GW and the Arena. In the meantime EA could work on additional content and character balancing that adds value to the game instead of just raising the cap so they can collect even more money for the resources required to get the characters to that next level.

Amen to the above