NS Zombie incentive

It is my opinion that the design of NS Zombie was not well thought through. It is actually in the interest of the person running a NS team to not even star or gear the thing up - so that it can't be fractured or stunned or shocked without dying, reviving and being able to taunt again soon after. This makes teams with a 2* g7 zombie able to beat g12 meta teams. Nute was nerfed for far less :)

Surely the designers would have thought about what would make players want to invest funds and time into a toon - this one does what it needs to do at lowest star and gear possible?

Replies

• jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    hi Lekrom1982,

i run a nightsister-team, with 4* talzin and 2* zombie. have to say, i have the zombie at gear 11, gear 12 isn't possible with a character without seven stars.

why so high geared? i made the experience, that zombie helps me more, when she live longer than one single attack. my first idea was, that she need no gear and no mods, but waiting for finishing her round for taunting was hard.

the problem i see with only two stars is her low health.
  • I’ve geared up my zombie, too. Once killed, zombie doesn’t revive with taunt. No taunt again until next turn. So, you want gear to add speed. And a stronger zombie then also is less useless on offense.
  • Oh, and if zombie is fractured (more common than shock or stun) and alive, then the rest of the team isn’t fractured, so zombie will is soaking that up.
  • i like the terminating of nihilus and one moment later zombie is there again.

my zombie is at 215 speed. but she taunts only at the beginning of the fight and after her round.

she is a beast and could bring old zaka many more max-health. (10% more max-health with every revival, when daka is alive!)
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    It is my opinion that the design of NS Zombie was not well thought through. It is actually in the interest of the person running a NS team to not even star or gear the thing up - so that it can't be fractured or stunned or shocked without dying, reviving and being able to taunt again soon after. This makes teams with a 2* g7 zombie able to beat g12 meta teams. Nute was nerfed for far less :)

Surely the designers would have thought about what would make players want to invest funds and time into a toon - this one does what it needs to do at lowest star and gear possible?

Zombie is a lot better with higher gear. She gains speed and survives a lot better. You should feel lucky your facing someone who hasn't geared her.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's not really her taunt, it's the fact that if you have Zombie + Acolyte combo, anyone who doesn't have AOE will lose to you no matter what gear level zombie is as long as Acolyte is stealthed.
    This video show cases Zombie Acolyte combo
    Video 2: Same team against a different opponent
    Dubbed the troll team by this Youtuber
  • Yeah from experience everyone has aoe mostly.
  • I’ve had this problem. Acolyte remains stealthed and cannot be attacked. Zombie keeps respawning until the battle times out, and acolyte can’t be hit. It’s a tie.
  • This seems like a great opportunity for a Dooku rework where he can ignore stealth. In clone wars the NS tries attacking him when blind and he took care of them handily while being blind. It would be a cool way to create a counter. Give him the ability to ignore stealth and a lot more damage, speed, and health. He’d be a viable toon again.
  • Area attacks or debuffers solve the issue.
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Sza_Bo wrote: »
    Area attacks or debuffers solve the issue.

Debuffing doesn't solve - she gains taunt each turn, and if left weak like OP suggested , a debuffing attack ( like Ezra's etc ) will one shot her as shown in videos posted above . Also R2 and nihilus have "area attacks" but videos show them not working as well
    Post edited by RevanComingSoon on
  • Chaze can win. You need heavy damage aoe like wedge the problem with this in arena is any. Cls squad will pounce on you because counters will destroy your squad. That's the main reason nightsisters work. The best counters are easy pickings for the current meta. You might be able to beat nightsisters but you'll just get bounced back your self.
  • Beviin_Skirata
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @RevanComingSoon

What @Sza_Bo was referring to is that an AOE dispell and also AOE buff immunity will stop acolyte from being in stealth. So when Zombie does come back it's not so much an issue since you can now target Acolyte then Zombie. TFP and B2 will be nice. Or! if you have a weaker toon as weak as zombie that can buff immune/cleanse her without killing her you can always swap them out with someone as well. Assuming of course they don't die. But I personally like the AOE Buff Immune better.

Now the team to really watch out for would be a Nute lead with Zombie and Acolyte. But buff immunity will still make easy work of that.
  • Or mabe daka lead defense plus health will make it hard to take out nightsister acoylte.
  • I could swap in Baze for his AOE dispel to beat the acolyte/zombie team, but then I am leaving myself sitting in arena as a huge target for all of the meta teams.
  • CLS, Chaze, zHan & R2 is not so much a target to meta teams. We still have one in my shard and he doesn't fall further than other teams