targeting system ruined my matches

reizse
1447 posts Member
edited December 2015
seriously...you guys gotta get your act together with the targeting system AUTO selecting who gets attacked on its own whim.

it ruined the 11th gw battle and cheated me out of 400 additional war tokens when it randomly decided to change the target to a full health barriss when old ben was going to die on the next hit. i was playing manually and NOT on auto mode. barriss subsequently healed old ben and my team couldn't outdmg their regen from barriss' leader skill (i lost 3 of my own units during the battle) and old ben's special.

[edit]: i played attrition with my own attackers against that team's attackers and made careful decisions as to who i would lose and planned 2 moves ahead. the losses were calculated so that i could guarantee a win

the change in targeting also caused a loss in arena when it does the same as described above. please take a look at why the game decides to do this without any precedent or player input. if this is intended, then, well, that's absolutely gimmicky.

if we are to babysit our attacks, especially if we are being timed, i really have no other words to express the disappointment i feel in the development of this game.
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    It's more of a problem in the arena due to the time restraint... but in the galactic war, you really just have to watch exactly you are attacking before you commit the attack...

I had it happen to me a number of times in both Arena and Galactic war.. most of the time it happens if there is a taunter... now let me finish...

Often a taunter will cause you to only be able to target them til their taunt buff disappears, in which you normally switch back to what you were attacking beforehand... however usually a turn or two after the taunt wears off, you will automatically switch to a third target rather than your original target or the taunter.

I've not seen it happen often without a taunter around...

It is very frustrating more so in the Arena because it can allow the opponents team to recover because you weren't able to finish off whatever you were trying to kill/defeat and thus waste a lot of your precious arena time allocation.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I've seen this oroblem too and in arena it is a huge concern. I've seen it everywhere else, even without toung, the AI can start shuffling targets, thinking that is a smart move. In thise cases I lose 1 or two moves, and quite some times the harm is unrecoverable. In Arena, i only auto when teo players left, and Barris is one and I can't immunity heal. Barris will level HP, so I don't care. Also, it's very annoying fighting a Jedi team, and in last mives your AI uses two heals, or buffs, and makes tou lose the game. The game speed should be selectable, i don't need the AI, I just want the fater animation. I know what I want to do and I am tired of Doku bouncing back and forth with my precious time.
  • DUDE, I was writing a post like this yesterday, but I accidentally refreshed the page and lost all of my text...

The random target switching is ****, and has screwed me on some pivotal kills as well, usually leading to my loss. I understand the taunt effect, as I use it. However, when it just randomly decides to switch the target of two of my attackers, to a full health tank, rather than the half health healer, this becomes an issue.

Ultimately, I recognize that I could pay better attention; but when random target switching isn't common, it's to easy to assume the game will continue working the same as it did the previous 5 turns.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »
    It's more of a problem in the arena due to the time restraint... but in the galactic war, you really just have to watch exactly you are attacking before you commit the attack...

I had it happen to me a number of times in both Arena and Galactic war.. most of the time it happens if there is a taunter... now let me finish...

Often a taunter will cause you to only be able to target them til their taunt buff disappears, in which you normally switch back to what you were attacking beforehand... however usually a turn or two after the taunt wears off, you will automatically switch to a third target rather than your original target or the taunter.

It is very frustrating more so in the Arena because it can allow the opponents team to recover because you weren't able to finish off whatever you were trying to kill/defeat and thus waste a lot of your precious arena time allocation.

it's not an issue with the taunter in my case. old ben and barriss do not have a taunt skill. the problem as experienced by others here including myself, is the game's decision to choose a random target at crucial times without player input.
    mighty chlorians
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yeah, pretty sure Bariss doesn't taunt but I lost an arena match when the targeting switched to her at a critical moment. First thought would be that another taunted and it went back to her afterwards but there was no one else on the other team that had taunt
  • I too would like to add my frustrations in the auto selection issue when I SPECIFICALLY select a unit, I have to do it for each character almost.. I often resort to auto attack during arena battles to finish opponents faster with the time limit. When your going against an old Ben and Barriss combo.. nothing is more frustrating watching an almost dead old Ben get fully revived after your character decided to attack the wrong person..
    If the player selects the target, regardless of auto mode, please leave that target selected until told otherwise.
  • SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Maybe the developer is working on it or maybe not.
    Post edited by Zalenira on
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    *Edited* Maybe the developer is working on it or maybe not.

thanks for rereading
    Post edited by reizse on
    mighty chlorians
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    reizse wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »

it's not an issue with the taunter in my case. old ben and barriss do not have a taunt skill. the problem as experienced by others here including myself, is the game's decision to choose a random target at crucial times without player input.

I'm not sayiing it doesn't happen without a taunter around but I do notice it more often with the taunter, like some sort of client server lag issue is causing it to float your target around... Not saying that is the case, just say it's possible
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!