Gw boring and repetitive.

See title. You guys should think of some way of changing GW. It's getting really really dry guys. I think of it as a necessary evil, and that's never a good thing when I'm supposed to be playing a fun game.

Replies

• Amen man. It’s sad really. Used to be my favorite mode until I crossed some invisible threshold that made it more impossible than when I started it
  • It would be nice if we only had to do it once or twice a week and could use sim tickets for the rest of the week provided we cleared it all the way through. I don't really find it all that difficult or entertaining beating the same 3 meta teams over and over and over again every single day not to mention all the trash you have to clear to get to them.
  • It would be nice if GW was removed, or turned into a 5 battle streak, at least.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Akeron wrote: »
    It would be nice if GW was removed

No.
    or turned into a 5 battle streak, at least.

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Akeron wrote: »
    It would be nice if GW was removed, or turned into a 5 battle streak, at least.

You could just not participate. I personally enjoy the freebies I get from gw. Anything free is good in my book.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What makes me laugh is: all you players that pay no attention to guides on HOW to finish GW and then come on the forum and complain that it’s unbeatable.

Look, the difficulty of GW is decided by the top five toons in your roster. If you want to finish GW:
    1. Farm more of your roster and develop more teams.
    2. When you work on your toons, ignore the top five until you have a well rounded roster
    3. Preload the TM on your top teams by using them on the first three nodes and save them for the last three nodes
    4. If you can’t finish it, be patient. Progress on your toons, however slowly, makes a real difference.

When the new meta hit, my streak of GW finishes came to an end. I stayed focused, progressed more toons on my roster and WITHIN two weeks, I went right back to finishing it almost everyday again. It’s supposed to be hard and the devs made it that way so when you’re almost at the end game, there’s at least one thing(2 with TB) in the game that forces you to think.

I mean seriously, we can’t change the difficulty of the game on our own and some of us are dire need of a challenge. When you have g11 rebel, empire, and Jedi toons, the game can get pretty boring because you can auto-battle most challlenges in the game.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The most effective way I’ve found to regularly complete GW is: farm/use the resistance team.

They will make the biggest difference in your attempts to finish GW, period.
    And yes, they are effective even at g8.

I have g11 Zinn, g8 Poe, g8 pilot, g8 trooper, and a g8 bb. They’re nowhere near being one of my top three teams and yet they cruise through nodes 4-9 with ease.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    The most effective way I’ve found to regularly complete GW is: farm/use the resistance team.

I have g11 Zinn, g8 Poe, g8 pilot, g8 trooper, and a g8 bb. They’re nowhere near being one of my top three teams and yet they cruise through nodes 4-9 with ease.

Finishing GW doesn't make it any less boring and repetitive.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Then don't do it.

What are you talking about man? I didn't say I couldn't do it. I said it was boring and repetitive.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Then don't do it.

You do realize "Then don't do it" is not an actual response to this, right? I'm not trying to be rude or pick a fight with you, but telling someone to simply not do something does not invalidate their claims. There are new threads popping up daily about GW and how time consuming and frustrating it is, so this really isn't something that should continue to be ignored. I certainly agree with most of them. So much so to the point that I have farmed up my Resistance guys, Zeta'd Finn, all in an effort to make GW tolerable. Now I win with far less effort, but it is no more entertaining than it was before. Games are meant to be fun and if a part of a game is a chore (as GW is for most of us) then it is simply failing at the one thing all games should hope to achieve: Being fun.

"Don't do it" doesn't really come into play in a game like this, either, because as we all know resources are incredibly limited and to simply opt out of an opportunity to gain credits, ability mats, shards, and shard/GW shop currency is to cripple oneself a great deal.

I'll provide constructive advice rather than a casual dismissal in the form of "Farm Resistance". You won't regret it. They are a good team for TB, HAAT, GW, various Events, and Arena if winning on Offense and losing on Defense is your thing (spoiler:It's everyone's thing).
  • Counterpoint: Don't do it is perfectly valid. There are a couple of reasons I believe this. 1) this is a mobile game. There is a ton to do, even at end game, that doesn't require completing GW every day. Or at all. 2) people may have to completely stop making progress in other areas to farm Resistance, or another team, for GW. This may be a temporary "don't do it."

The best compromise in both situations is to simply run it on auto and reset when you have no teams left. You won't get all 1600 tokens but you should get 600 to 800.

There is nothing that says you have to do everything all the time. In fact, in a game like this that is nearly impossible until end game.

Not trying to argue. Just offering a different point of view.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Then don't do it.

You do realize "Then don't do it" is not an actual response to this, right? I'm not trying to be rude or pick a fight with you, but telling someone to simply not do something does not invalidate their claims. There are new threads popping up daily about GW and how time consuming and frustrating it is, so this really isn't something that should continue to be ignored. I certainly agree with most of them. So much so to the point that I have farmed up my Resistance guys, Zeta'd Finn, all in an effort to make GW tolerable. Now I win with far less effort, but it is no more entertaining than it was before. Games are meant to be fun and if a part of a game is a chore (as GW is for most of us) then it is simply failing at the one thing all games should hope to achieve: Being fun.

"Don't do it" doesn't really come into play in a game like this, either, because as we all know resources are incredibly limited and to simply opt out of an opportunity to gain credits, ability mats, shards, and shard/GW shop currency is to cripple oneself a great deal.

I'll provide constructive advice rather than a casual dismissal in the form of "Farm Resistance". You won't regret it. They are a good team for TB, HAAT, GW, various Events, and Arena if winning on Offense and losing on Defense is your thing (spoiler:It's everyone's thing).

You seem to have missed the fact that I said "then don't do it" in response to "it's boring and repetitive" and not "I can't beat it." And someone who is bored by it probably doesn't even need the rewards that badly anyway.
  • GW is annoying because it is so unbalanced. I can be facing beatable teams of 60+ then on the third node go up against an unstoppable 85 team.

GW needs more ascending challenge rather than the randomness of it.

I’ve been playing the game for six months and not once beat GW. The closest I came was during my lower levels but now it’s all 85 insane teams.

SWGOH on the whole needs more fun factor. Raids are boring, Hoth is boring, ships are boring. Just needs more variety, more mini campaigns that aren’t just arena or random battles.
    What makes me laugh is: all you players that pay no attention to guides on HOW to finish GW and then come on the forum and complain that it’s unbeatable.

Look, the difficulty of GW is decided by the top five toons in your roster. If you want to finish GW:
    2. When you work on your toons, ignore the top five until you have a well rounded roster
    3. Preload the TM on your top teams by using them on the first three nodes and save them for the last three nodes
    4. If you can’t finish it, be patient. Progress on your toons, however slowly, makes a real difference.

When the new meta hit, my streak of GW finishes came to an end. I stayed focused, progressed more toons on my roster and WITHIN two weeks, I went right back to finishing it almost everyday again. It’s supposed to be hard and the devs made it that way so when you’re almost at the end game, there’s at least one thing(2 with TB) in the game that forces you to think.

I mean seriously, we can’t change the difficulty of the game on our own and some of us are dire need of a challenge. When you have g11 rebel, empire, and Jedi toons, the game can get pretty boring because you can auto-battle most challlenges in the game.

All of this falls apart once you get to g12. Once you start meeting all g12 teams, the only that can compete is g12 teams. Roster depth doesn't matter. Preloading TM doesn't matter. All that matters is how many g12 toons do you have - and can they face all g12 teams from node 6 on?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »

All of this falls apart once you get to g12. Once you start meeting all g12 teams, the only that can compete is g12 teams. Roster depth doesn't matter. Preloading TM doesn't matter. All that matters is how many g12 toons do you have - and can they face all g12 teams from node 6 on?

Patently false.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    What is really boring and repetitive are all the GW complaint threads. Followed closely by all the other complaint threads.
    What is really boring and repetitive are all the GW complaint threads. Followed closely by all the other complaint threads.

This times infinity

This times infinity

+1

This times infinity

Infinity doesn't work that way.
  • Vote in the poll going about being able to use a 6th ally for the 12th node. Interesting thought in there. Just saying
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »

Patently false.

Everyone else is wrong - but you are correct. :D

Do you troll all threads or just my replies. <3
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

This times infinity

+1

Infinity doesn't work that way either. ;)

This times infinity

+1

To infinity and beyond!
  • Huatimus wrote: »

This times infinity

+1

To infinity(infinity)^infinity and beyond!

FYP

• snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I face the same teams you do every day and I have only one g12 toon, Com.Luke. I use him on the first and last nodes only. The rest of my roster is mostly composed of g8 with some g9, a bit of g10 and a few g11. As I said, I have finished it almost every day that I’ve been playing by progressing certain toons at certain times.

Unlike Pathfinder, the game doesn’t break down at the higher stages. If you think it does, your math is off.

• We'll see tomorrow if it changed since the update. I'd like to see more that a 25% chance of finishing it.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    It did change according to many people.